RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT Employee Reviews for Server

It’s ok but prob look elsewhere.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 12, 2019
The people who work there are INCREDIBLE! But... corporate is making it terrible to work there. The clientele has gone from big spenders to cheapskates. There’s a 20$ coupon that goes around with o purchase necessary so a lot of checks are less than $20 and you don’t get tipped on full amount. There’s a certain manager who is spiteful and will find any opportunity to make an example of someone. Was let go for “breaking a policy” with no prior warning of being fired. I was not the only one who has dealt with it either.
being a server was quite fun and definitely helped me refine my social skills.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2019
a typical day at work meant wrapping up the silverware in the napkins, making sure everything was restocked, tables clean.
time management was everything as a waiter.
i mostly enjoyed the interviewing process since i was able to try all the different dishes and sushi rolls!
Horrible managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2019
RA Sushi is the worst place to work. The employees are nice and well to work with but the managers are horrible. They need to take training courses on how to be a productive managers. They do not care about their employees. That’s why they have people quitting all the time. The employees work long hours for no reason. Once they have better managers, the place will run more smoothly.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Managers, long hours, and no breaks
Its sushi
Server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 11, 2018
Its sushi...its serving. What more is there to say. Corporate restaurant so you have to deal with some of that but all in all it was a fun place to work with some fun people.
Poor Management, Slow Hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 15, 2018
Lots of problems with management shutting down our hours based on pace of restaurant. Always over-staffed but definitely too slow for each server to be making a decent amount f money. Management forces your breaks on you after the hour of you working (legally you have to be there for an hour first) but then they shove you out the door for a break only to send you home early because it is too slow.
Server
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 8, 2018
If you put your time in this is a very enjoyable place to work. Managers work with your schedule and the environment brings in an excellent clientele to serve.
Cool people and fun atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 22, 2018
Friday and saturday nights are super hectic. If you mess up it messes everyone else up and then it gets super stressful because management starts breathing down your neck. Make sure you are an expert at multitasking.
Unproffesional
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
-The managers were very unprofessional and would start gossip.
-People were getting their cars vandalized by other staff members.
-On the weekends we closed at 1 am and I wouldn't get home until after 2:30.
Such a great work experience
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 23, 2017
This was hands down one of the most enjoyable restaurants I worked at. The staff was very nice, we became a family quickly, management was awesome as well. As my first serving job I learned the proper way to serve my guests and eventually I was known throughout the company for the highest ratings on the customer surveys. It's a shame that they closed down because I would've stayed much longer.
Pros
great staff, discounted food, not too much sidework
Cons
no health insurance
Most enjoyable part of job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of that job in a day is that all employees that are working that day help each other out, and as a head corporate trainer they never got scared to ask me questions if they didn't know the answer or solution to something.
Awesome atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 12, 2016
Good place to work with an awesome atmosphere and decent benefits. However, tip out for the servers is extremely high and mandatory. 5% of sales goes to the sushi chefs
extremely unprofessional work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 21, 2016
I have never seen management get away with the behavior they do at RA Sushi located in Torrance, CA. The general manager is abrasive as best, with an extreme drug habit that is common knowledge among staff. She uses harassment and intimidation as well as bribes and favoritism to create schedules and a hostile work environment. The other two "managers" are cloned puppets of her, and do not make any of their own decisions. The staff are good people, but tired of being harassed and overworked. Working thirteen days in a row is illegal, but not out of character for this GM.
Pros
kitchen staff, floor staff
Cons
no breaks, illegal activity on premises 24/7, no respect among management or shown to employees, overworked, no backup from management, way under health code guidelines.
fun and productive work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2015
Management as well as staff made the work environment great. They had a great time on holidays letting staff dress up and have a great time. Best company I have worked for in the restaurant industry.
Pros
great staff food half price
Cons
Relaxed and fun workplace with great employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 30, 2015
RA Sushi is a rock n roll type of sushi restaurant. The atmosphere is laid back but employee service is expected to meet all of the costumers needs while giving them a fun experience. I learned how to balance a number of trays with my hands, how to ring in foods on a computer system, how to properly greet costumers, how to open and serve wine and how to give costumers the best service to my best abilities. Their was not many things challenging about this job I overall enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing costumers compliment me on their experience with me as their server. I also enjoyed how all the employees worked together as a family. We helped servers when they felt overwhelmed or flustered. The managers were all very nice and attentive to the employees and costumers making sure everyone has a good experience at RA Sushi.
Pros
Employees act as a family and work together
Cons
Long Happy hours
Energetic positive work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Addison, TxDecember 27, 2014
Everyone was professional yet nice to each employee. Team/Family environment, sale minded offering appetizers and drinks. The restaurant was very fast paced. Hardest time i had at the restaurant was having two 4 tops that i needed to get orders from and getting another two 4 tops being sat down. I kept my cool and taken my time to take each other and making sure my customers are being taken care of at the best of my abilities.
Upbeat, productive place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 30, 2013
After working as a server for a little over a year at RA Sushi, I cannot imagine working anywhere else. The management and staff are all amazing and encourage impeccable quality hospitality every day.
job description
Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 1, 2013
As any normal serving job you spent your time doing your duties and tending to the guest needs.

I enjoyed learning in depth training in the world of Sushi
Pros
discount lunches, enjoyable work enviroment
Cons
no health care, long drive to and from work
fun place, great tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 3, 2013
provide excellent customer service while managing all neccessary server duties.
Pros
great environment
Cons
consistancey
Enjoyed Entry level employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2012
The restaurant gave me a lot of freedom in terms of allowing me to be myself and please the customers the best way I knew how. My co-workers were amazing an had great personalities along with always smiling at work. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the clientele. I enjoyed my staff and all of the new friends I made.
Pros
met cool people and new friends
Cons
no breaks, and 12 hour shifts