RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT Employee Review

View all RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT reviews

Nothing more than "eh"
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
I came into this job as a temporary fix after my previous restaurant closed. It started off well. I made decent money and my hour sufficed for what I needed at the time. When I started, there was a huge turn over in management. Every weekend there was another manager from out of town filling in. When we finally settled on managers, that's when it got more rough. The management style completely shifted. Work life became high-strung while business dropped. Some weekends I'd be there for a full 6-hour shift and leave with $20. The majority of my money went to tip-outs, which I understand is part of the job, but when business is so slow it's painful to give away that much money. This was around the same time that my location became a tester for a new happy hour menu - prices decreased drastically while portions stayed the same. Servers were literally getting jipped of money they deserved. The management tactics became idiotic and unhelpful. I arrived and left work miserable. It turned into a bad environment for me and several other employees. This restaurant has so much potential, but it lacks in every category. I live in an area abundant with incredible restaurants and nightlife. It's sad that RA can't keep up.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unstable management, low-pay

Other RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

It’s ok but prob look elsewhere.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 12, 2019
The people who work there are INCREDIBLE! But... corporate is making it terrible to work there. The clientele has gone from big spenders to cheapskates. There’s a 20$ coupon that goes around with o purchase necessary so a lot of checks are less than $20 and you don’t get tipped on full amount. There’s a certain manager who is spiteful and will find any opportunity to make an example of someone. Was let go for “breaking a policy” with no prior warning of being fired. I was not the only one who has dealt with it either.
Good olace to work
Head Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2019
Late night. Busy loud atmosphere. Alots of caterings. Parking down town sucks. Traffic down town sucks. But over all nice place to work. Would recommend to a friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight