RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

review
Certified Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 25, 2016
fun atmosphere, room for growth and relocate to other locations, flexible schedule, great managers and team, awesome employee discounts, uniform shirts are cute
very productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2016
very convenient . i was the head dishwasher. stayed to my self. everyone was very respectful if i can go back i would . learned how to run a kitchen learned how to prep cook
extremely unprofessional work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 21, 2016
I have never seen management get away with the behavior they do at RA Sushi located in Torrance, CA. The general manager is abrasive as best, with an extreme drug habit that is common knowledge among staff. She uses harassment and intimidation as well as bribes and favoritism to create schedules and a hostile work environment. The other two "managers" are cloned puppets of her, and do not make any of their own decisions. The staff are good people, but tired of being harassed and overworked. Working thirteen days in a row is illegal, but not out of character for this GM.
Pros
kitchen staff, floor staff
Cons
no breaks, illegal activity on premises 24/7, no respect among management or shown to employees, overworked, no backup from management, way under health code guidelines.
productive
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLOctober 1, 2016
get in set up the bar and then prepare to start my day. My co-workers are fun to work with. I just fill that we could do better with communication from management to staff
Pros
50% of food
Cons
no breaks
High turnover job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 31, 2016
In one year of working at RA sushi I had seen 3 GM's cycle through. The amount of fellow hostess's that had quit and been hired was ridiculous. I would not recommend.
Pros
occasionally fun
Cons
Awful place to work
breaking your back for not a lot of cash.
Busser (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJuly 30, 2016
not worth it for the cash you make. the tip out simply isn't worth the level of work you have to do. granted it is a simple position how ever it is more labor intensive than what an around 9-10 an hour job should be...
Ra Sushi
Server/Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 7, 2016
Every shift different than next
I learned customer service techniques and provided quality service to customers.
Management took interest in individual needs of the employees.
Pros
Discounted meals on and off the clock.
Cons
Schedule not too flexible
It was fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2015
Ra sushi was the best job I have had so far, the people are nice and the duty of each worker is straight forward and comes together into a functioning and progressive work environment.
Team
Team (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2015
Overall the team dynamic was fun. Servers all got along. It used to be a lot of fun but since corporate take over a lot of things have changed.
fun and productive work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2015
Management as well as staff made the work environment great. They had a great time on holidays letting staff dress up and have a great time. Best company I have worked for in the restaurant industry.
Pros
great staff food half price
Quality food
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2015
i loved working here as a sushi chef because i learned alot of sushi , i didnt know nothing before i came into this restaraunt and i didnt like sushi at all but know i am inlove with the sushi everywere i go
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work includes meeting many people from all over the world and locals. Introducing different food to the guests as they enter the restaurant.
Pros
50% off food for employees, free meal if you work a double, food discount at surrounding restaurants
Cons
Pay for parking daily at the parking garage (about $9 per day), business depends on conventions etc.
Staff and guests are fun to be around because of the atmosphere.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 17, 2015
I have stayed with this company so long because my good works do not go unnoticed. Management is easy to talk to and very understanding of my schedule; within reason. The FOH staff is lively, fun, and easy to be around.
Pros
Great food from great chefs.
Cons
Inexperienced hires can make teamwork cumbersome on a busy night.
Productive fast paced rocking roll environment.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
A typical job at RA sushi would consist first with me clocking in then taking a lap around the restaurant to see if theirs anything for me to pick up unless im opening the restaurant and then I would set up everything inside and outside which I would do the same for the closing portion. I keep things professional with my co workers, only for no drama purposes. The hardest part of my job would be not having enough work to do. The most enjoyable part was the consistent interaction with customers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad management.
Fun productive place
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 10, 2015
Fun place to work, with great pay. It was great except it had the smell of soy sauce every time I went home. So unless you liked it the pay was really worth it. Plus the discounts on all the spicy tuna and salmon rolls I could eat.
Meeting new people every day
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
A typical day would include client consultations, telecommunication, computer, entry of products, validating recommendations and leaving a customer satisfied every time.
Pros
compensation
bad
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 22, 2015
yes nice place to work management bad other nice place to work,just looking for a job I will love want to go back out other new management
Pros
learn new dishes
Cons
bad management
Relaxed and fun workplace with great employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 30, 2015
RA Sushi is a rock n roll type of sushi restaurant. The atmosphere is laid back but employee service is expected to meet all of the costumers needs while giving them a fun experience. I learned how to balance a number of trays with my hands, how to ring in foods on a computer system, how to properly greet costumers, how to open and serve wine and how to give costumers the best service to my best abilities. Their was not many things challenging about this job I overall enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing costumers compliment me on their experience with me as their server. I also enjoyed how all the employees worked together as a family. We helped servers when they felt overwhelmed or flustered. The managers were all very nice and attentive to the employees and costumers making sure everyone has a good experience at RA Sushi.
Pros
Employees act as a family and work together
Cons
Long Happy hours
Energetic positive work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Addison, TxDecember 27, 2014
Everyone was professional yet nice to each employee. Team/Family environment, sale minded offering appetizers and drinks. The restaurant was very fast paced. Hardest time i had at the restaurant was having two 4 tops that i needed to get orders from and getting another two 4 tops being sat down. I kept my cool and taken my time to take each other and making sure my customers are being taken care of at the best of my abilities.
fun place to work at
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2014
I started working here straight out of high school and I had the best time of my life here. I worked with most of the staff for many years and we became a family. It's a fun place to work at and the atmosphere was the first of its kind when it came about.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight