Rabobank

Rabobank Employee Reviews

United States256 reviews

Found 256 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,351 reviews
bankbenefitcustomeventtelleremployeebranchenjoy

Good if you stay where you are

Benefits are good but pay isn’t. We have lost employees because of lack of succession plans for employees wanting to grow within the company. All that is wanted of you is to stay at one position and never advance,

Productive and fun place!

Love working here and loved the customers and staff. A lot of testing and training. A lot of cash handling responsibility and personal information. Definitely job security

Rabobank insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Nice place to work

Nice team, nice people. good choice to work for life. Good work life balance. Glad to work there for several years. Only issue is from the highest level from head quarter at Europe. Leave after being acquired.

One simple word. Avoid this company.

This is one of the worst institution I've worked in my life.Management is corrupted and they are only focused on cutting expenses.They try to downsize and relocate existing employees to cheap states like Missouri.No growth opportunities and everyone is just trying to escape to somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Lack of communication, no growth opportunity and corrupted management system

Nice colleages, alot of flexibility but poor management

Nice colleages, alot of flexibility but poor management. Everyone on the team is there to help eachother and make the workplace fun. High flexibiity in working hours and place of employment. The goals are set by the management who have little to no clue what the work actually entails.

Stepping Stone

It was wonderful until the multiple re-orgs. Management is a joke. Actual culture does not match the values. Meeting overkill. Lack of growth opportunities.

Business Banking Officer

Truly bad management. They hired about 50 business banking officers and no back office support staff. Made for a result and a reputation they couldn't overcome. Then their only two qualified underwriters both quit on the same day. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Since management couldn't and wouldn't accept responsibility for their own bad management they reprimanded every employee for their bad result. In my group 5 out of 6 staff were threatened with their jobs. The 6th one had already left of his own accord. No commissions, poor pay.

Pros

Medical coverage was good

Cons

Pay was bad

Politics!

If you aren’t related to management you get 17 cent raises and $20 bonuses when the co workers get $2.50 raises and $2000 bonuses. Marry into the family and you’ll be ok

Cons

Rabobank has bad management.

Great business plan but not executed well. The office management was organized and easy to work in. Learned a lot of office skills such as Microsoft programs such as excel and office

Great culture

Rabobank was an exceptional culture that encouraged learning and cross collaboration. The work life balance was quite good, but over time the opportunities for advancement dwindled.

Workplace culture was truly amazing, work/life balance

Management allowed you to get work completed from home when needed due to family needs and attend Dr. appts with no repercussions. Co-workers smiled and practices inclusive behavior daily.

2 jobs daily, paid for 1!

I felt cheated. I was sent down south to a Spanish speaking individual for training. I don't speak it so there was a language barrier. I came back to the administrative offices in Roseville area to work under a VP that travels the region. If there were issues no on there to ask, call up VP, and interrupt meetings or on a plane to somewhere. VP didn't know what I was looking at so could not assist me, so why call VP. In the end I was working with an office manager who goofed around with the contract department and used me as an excuse for not getting there own work done. Don't want to work here again.

Love it

It was wonderful and I love some of the people that worked there. I had the chance to work at all five branches and got to need different people all over Bakersfield I was cool

Very interesting bank great people

very interesting bank based on supporting sustainable food industry. Work on many projects supporting the food industry. Very knowledgeable team of professionals

Team Work

I learned at Rabobank Arena that team work is very important. You also have to be very aware of your surroundings. Working with others helps your social skills.

Team Building important for Morale

Rabobank offered employee perks and offered team building to keep morale high. Coworkers were enjoyable. Job was challenging and learning something new everyday. The hardest part of this job was the layoff and leaving my friends.

they do not care about their employees

Rabobank may act like they are all about taking care of their employees but that could not have been farther from he truth. I was blamed for things I did not do because my manager did not want to take responsibility fort his actions.

Great place

Great place to work management is nice and work with your schedule. Awesome co workers, everyone is very welcoming, customer are happy, fast pace always on your feet

Scaling down New York presence leaves little for local employees

Over the past couple of years the bank has scaled down the NY office in favor of lower cost staff in the midwest who typically had a rural/ community banking background and who do not understand complex credits nor global financial banking. This has left the NY staff in a poor environment of having to continually train and coach people (possibly their replacements). The bonus structure (around 10%-15% of base for a good/plus rated employee) is very weak particularly when compared to peer NY banks. It is impossible to receive a stellar performance review even when you go above and beyond. This weak culture and bonus structure leave little desire to exceed. The positives include potential remote working environment and a good work/life balance depending on your supervisor.

Tricky treachery

This place is terrible at training. Leadership is inconsistent and often rude. Training is half hearted and cross training is near non existent. Leadership is underhanded and unwelcome to suggestions or new thoughts.

Working stage hand at Rabobank arena

The most enjoyable part of my job is that before an event at the arena , I get to help build it , it's an amazing experience to do so for the families coming to attend to show.

Common questions about Rabobank

Answered by current and former employees at Rabobank

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rabobank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight