Race Winning Brands Employee Reviews

Flexible management.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 7, 2018
Management was flexible on overtime on Saturdays if given previous notice.Work life balance can be strenuous sometimes especially for 2nd shift workers because of quick turnaround for Saturday mornings.Getting off at midnight and being back at 10am.Coworkers were friendly and helpful for most part.Very hot in summertime.Decent benefits and vacation days rack up faster than other jobs i've had.
Pros
Paid luch.Company giveaways.Repeatable machines good tools and equipment.
Cons
Unorganized.Lack of accountability sometimes.No climate control
Can be much better. I will give 2 1/2 stars
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 16, 2018
there is no equality in human resources, they make exception of people when hiring someone, if you are going to do an interview make sure you like the bitter woman, after that the company and co-workers is super good as long as you do not have to deal with HR. Management?? Arrogant sometimes.
Benefits
Cons
Hr, Life balance
Decent place until new management
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Was a somewhat enjoyable place to work until the management turnover a few years ago.. The new managers could careless about your opinions/suggestions and want you to put them on a pedestal. There is a lot of backstabbing and seems the only way to advance these days. The work life balance is nonexistance. Everyone is expected to work most weekends and 9-10 hrs a day. There was some hope when the new company bought the business from PMI but they kept the managers that were the issue. The culture there is miserable and the turn around in manufacturing is laughable. You can not have a good quality product if every other week you have new poorly training people producing parts.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Management, work life balance
Keep looking
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 19, 2018
Earned promotion. Never allowed to move into new role. They liked me where I was. Anyone who reads this will know who is writing it. Changed insurance and dropped prescription benefits. Forgot to tell the employees. Co workers are great when they aren’t complaining. 10 hour work days and 8 hour Saturdays are the norm. If you don’t like it, there’s the door. Wish I’d have left sooner
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Hold you down . Management arrogance. Terrible benefits
June 8, 2018

Hello Former Employee

The HR Team would like to spend time with you and understand your concerns. We take great pride in our employee health benefits. All employees are offered the following insurance Health and prescription, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Vacation and Holiday Pay. We also offer educational reimbursement as a perk so employees can go to school at little to no cost.

Please reach out to anyone on the HR team, we would love to hear what we can do better in the future so we don't lose great talent.

We wish you the best of luck on your new career opportunity

Good place to work.
Forge shop (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 16, 2018
This company has treated me very well over the years. I feel that you get out of it what you put into it. If you want to be a positive, honest,hard worker then You will have a great experience.
Pros
Good compensation
one year anniversary
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  mentor, ohJune 8, 2018
This is one of the best companies I have worked for! The benefits and pay are in line with large fortune 500 companies in the local area.

The management team is flexible and creates a fun environment. There have been multiple fun employee events over the past year that I have been able to attend (picnic, racing events and etc)

I highly recommend this company
Pros
Great Benefits, How employees are treated
Cons
Very busy business
Stay away
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 23, 2018
Manufacturing environment is toxic. Cut throat and negative. Management is unprofessional along with everyone in HR. You are just a person who can be replaced and you are just making a number not quality for the customer. Now I understand the turnover in manufacturing.
Pros
Paid lunch. Knowledgeable old employees management doesn’t acknowledge
Cons
Unprofessional management team.
Unstable environment with a rift
Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 17, 2018
With a few major things revised this could be somewhere to have a great career. However, when dealing with customers who have high expectations and the production department who does not care about the customers expectations, it creates a difficult working environment with many issues between management teams.
Deaf dumb stupid
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  MentorOctober 25, 2018
Its sad to see over a year after i worked at this place nothing changed....kids will be kids i guess...this whole company needs to grow up and most of those folks need to loose 100 pounds or so..lots of Wales in management
No Work to Life Balance
Sweat Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 5, 2018
Not much of a work to life balance. Management's attitude is if you don't want to work the mandatory 58-60 hours a week we'll find someone who will. No career advancement opportunities unless your willing to "throw someone under the bus" and brown nose. Plant manager and management seem to have a chip on their shoulder.
Pros
Paid Lunch, Most Co-Workers Are Decent
Cons
Back Stabbing, Very Poor Management

Hello Current Employee,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied working at Race Winning Brands. Over the past year we have been working toward creating a great work environment.

We would love to sit down and listen to your concerns and thoughts on how we can make the workplace better. Please feel free to visit anyone in HR's office so we can listen to your concerns and work toward making the workplace more favorable.

HR

Enjoy being apart of this team
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 23, 2018
I’ve enjoyed working for this company. Management believed in my work abilities when no other company was willing to give me a starting chance fresh out of Cnc machine courses. There’s room for advancement if available.

Hello Current Employee,

Thanks for the great feedback, we continue to work hard at making the workplace great for everyone.

If there is anything we can do better, we are open to feedback.

Horrible
CNC Lathe Setup and operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 29, 2018
Horrible Experience I'll never ever go work for them again and will not recommend any of my friends to ever go work for them. It was the worst place I have ever worked for.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied while at Race Winning Brands. We pride ourselves on creating a work environment that is positive. We would be open to listening to your ideas on how we can make the workplace better for our employees. Please feel free to reach out to anyone in HR.

HR

Fast paced, growing company with lots of opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 18, 2017
Race Winning Brands has a great management team and the ownership group that truly wants to grow the Business. the performance racing industry makes it an interesting place to work. The pay is fair and market driven. Opportunities to learn and grow exist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Race Winning Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6