RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,330 reviews matching the search See all 1,336 reviews
Okay
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 15, 2018
Okay place to work if you like working in fast paste environments. A lot of labor work. Typically deal with rude customers. Kitchen staff depending on store location, very fast paste.
Lack of advancment, with some favoritism
Overnight associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLAugust 12, 2018
Overall wasn't a bad work environment but my particular store manager showed some
favoritism which made advancement very difficult if you weren't part of the clique, no matter how hard you worked.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
No breaks, middle of the road healthcare
Fun Place with the right people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 11, 2018
I Have worked for Race Trac for almost 5 years. My experience there were both good and bad. I have definitely progressed as a person, but they fail to have your back. Key to the job is sticking to yourself and having a good OS who has your back. I love Race Trac but they make your life a pain most definitely with the balance.
Pros
culture and environment
Cons
no breaks
its not for everybody
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 11, 2018
its not for everybody. it is not a bad job it is very time consuming but the pay i pretty good considering the work you have to do. if you care a lot then care less when working at racetrac it will take you further
My experiences
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2018
I loved working for Racetrac. I tried to go back after Ieft for a short period of time. However due to the new policy I was not able to return. I loved the fast past, ever changing, and steady work. I dislike the longer then normal days when someone would call out. Those 22 hour days would kill my feet and my social life.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLAugust 10, 2018
The only good thing about this company is the customers. Depending on your workers, they are either good help or completely useless. Managers have VERY LITTLE to say and they can barely ever help you if you do have a problem. The only people that have any say is the district managers that have NO IDEA what is going on in the stores and will fire you with no warning with stupid excuses. I DO NOT recommend ANYONE to work here... If I could I would rate this 0 stars..
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLAugust 9, 2018
A very happy work environment espically the customers. Flexable hours understanding. Also good team players. Theirs areas that the company needs to work in with being fair with all employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
fun place to work , they will help you grow in wanted to. learn leadership skills
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 8, 2018
I would deal with guest, clean and make food. learn a lot about leading a team. i would make sure the store is cleaned and appropriate for a guest. I would stock coolers and shelf’s.
Amazing!
Guest Service Associate / Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GAAugust 8, 2018
I loved working for Racetrac, rega4dless if I was fired or not. I still recommend the job to other people and sometimes, I come in just to see if my regular guests are still there. It was a very fast paced job and some stores but the days flew by. I wish I could work for them again but stuff happens. I will forever recommend RaceTrac to anybody!!
Pros
Discounts, free drinks, amazing employees
Cons
Will promote, but you will be moved to another location
productive place to work, fun environment, good sales experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
Although the job is a productive place to work, has a fun environment, and also gives good sales experience. it also pertained some bad features, nothing that made me unpleasant
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no breaks, and bad customer experiences

Want to know more about RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great place to work with room for advancement
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Racetrac because of the family vibe that's present in almost every location I've visited. Each day of work consists of cleaning and maintaining various appliances and areas in store, while also attending to guest needs. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy every guest. Sometimes we don't have everything a guest needs or wants. The most enjoyable part of the job is making connections with co-workers and regular guests, because they are whom makes Racetrac so successful.
Pros
Discounts, Quick advancement, Flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks, Fast paced
fast pace
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLAugust 7, 2018
this is a job for young adults, managed by managers under 30 that have never worked anywhere else. if you like drama this is the place for you. there are no raises and if you like to kiss but that is the only way to get promoted
great work environment. very reasonable managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 6, 2018
A typical day for me here is mostly ringing up guests on the register and keeping the things in the store stocked and cleaned such as, food, ice cream, cups, condiments. The management is super welcoming and understanding to your needs. The culture is great there every store is like a family. The hardest part about the job would be how fast paced it was, and dealing with anger customers. I really enjoyed just being able to talk and get along with my co workers and managers there. I believe that is what will make or break a company.
Pros
discounts, benefits, great work environment
Cons
short breaks, very fast paced
Fun place to work
CoManager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 5, 2018
Racetrac is a great place to work with excellent benefits and pay. I love it because its fast pace. I love working with people and meeting new people.
Pros
Easy to advance in management
Cons
Turnover rate is high
Everyone one is treated on likes and skin Pigmentation and the the size you
Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 5, 2018
The harder the worker you are the more you are mistreated and use and abuse this company is slowing but surely getting worst most of the people who are fair and really do care and hold all employees to same standards have left and move on
Pros
Free unlimited drinks meeting amazing people
Cons
Treated base on likes., how much dirt you have every one, is not held to the same expectations and treated base on size and how light your skin is
Fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 2, 2018
Race Trac is always changing policies and not always gor the better. Management does not always listen to all side of a story be for making a rash judgment.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Good people to work with, but too much work.
Co-manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2018
The company is good to work for. There are benefits in place. The only issue is that there is no consistency. The company is trying to do too much at once, but not committing to one thing. New and crazy promotions that do not come with provided support and resources. Policy is always changing but you never hear about it until that police is all of the sudden "broken." Its a hot mess to say enough. They continuously cuts hours, but throw more work on store members.
Pros
Decent pay and something new everyday that keeps you interested.
Cons
Weak benefits ands not enough support is provided.
Fast Paced
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXAugust 1, 2018
The business is a very fast paced environment, with few opportunities for breaks. It is not uncommon to work a full 8 hr shift without a chance to eat or sit down. They take safety into mind as they will never have you working alone. As a manager, the pay is decent, though associates do not get the bonuses and hours that managers do, making it harder to get by as an associate.
Pros
Never bored, easy to move up
Cons
No breaks
Management was a bit poor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2018
i loved my store and guess management was a bit rude didnt know how to be more professional but overall the guest were very enjoyable to be around and the job was very easy and pay was worth it.
First Job type of Employment
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 31, 2018
I have currently been working for this company for a little over a year, which qualifies me for vacation time.. however due to lack of employees and management taking their vacations whenever they feel like it, it makes it harder to find the time to take said vacation. Management is alright, but communication is lacking. You give them your availability and it more-so gets ignored and you get scheduled past your available time which then takes away from your weekly hours due to having to leave earlier. The company itself is not the worst to work for but it's also not the best. They offer pay raises to only those who move up in the company (i.e to management, not full-time employees who bust their butts every day there) and being promoted isn't even worth the dollar pay raise due to the lack of no-call/no-shows and being forced to stay (and then being told that in the event of someone not showing up to their shift, it is one of your "duties" as a shift manager to stay to cover it no matter what else you have going on in your life)

The associates working on the shift with you keep the store running doing everything to make the guests happy while the managers just mess around in the back on their phones, talking to vendors and reading emails, but preach about customer service to the other employees and how important it is. You basically work your a** off for this company and get nothing in return, not even a "thank you" for your dedication and hard work during shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight