RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,460 reviews matching the search See all 1,468 reviews
It was very unprofessional and inconsiderate.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 15, 2019
I Guest Service Associate running shift multiple times as a Shift Manager but was never promoted after asking for one, this went on multiple times and I was feeling unapperc
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Employee discount varies
Very Comfortable environment Freindly co-Workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 15, 2019
My work experience at RaceTrac was pretty good .I learned some great customer service skills.I learned how to do the food service in the kitchen area. RaceTrac taught me how to work fast pace without getting out of hand.
Pros
Free lunch Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks .On feet a lot.
great job
racetrac associate (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 15, 2019
overall racetrac was a great working atmosphere

the hours were flexible if you are not in school

i wish they had set work schedule because its hard to live life when your schedule is always subjected to change
Great place
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
I absolutely love the position and people. The managers are sweet and courteous. I love my manager she was the best thing ever. The team is excellent and the employees were friendly. Being apart of the company is rewarding.
No breaks, bad manegment, back breaking, and bad scheduling, taking hours away from the best workers and perverted managment.
Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX Lewisville, TXJanuary 11, 2019
The management is terrible, hours changed weekly while girls and managers stay the same lack of respect for the quiet hard workers management ignoring core values and looking out for number one lack of respect for the female workers for their looks management not really knowing what works do on a daily basis after it becomes a routine always informing the workers are renew are benefits information every 6 months on the last days till you can't lack of communication
Pros
The money honestly
Cons
Everything i was lied about in orientation
RaceTrac
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
They are behind on the curve in every department. No coverage for people who call in sick. Constantly working way more overtime then agreed and you get in trouble for it. The turn-over rate is awful and not because of them terming the people who should not be working there.
Pros
Store Managers
Cons
Corporate office
half productive, mostly slow
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 9, 2019
Very slow and very inconstant of hours and the schedule and constantly having to do the same task every 2-5 minutes. No sicks days at all, schedule not very flexible.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
one of the best jobs I've ever had
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 9, 2019
The management is very good as are the people you work with I've made life long friends with all my old coworkers and even some of my customers it was just a great and fun job.
It Pays the bills
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Look for the ease of entry, the job works and it pays decently. Burn out is real though and the company's constant need to "innovate" and expand tends to leave out the most important aspect of any company, the people who work for you.
Pros
Decent pay, paid vacation and 401k
Cons
No breaks, not allowed to sit down at all, management cares more about protocol than results.
Nice place to work. Family atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Your are on your feet the entire time. Aside from that, it is a very nice place to work that make you feel like family. The pay wasn't great which is why I went to a Different job but it is great for a second household income or student.
Pros
Family feel good working conditions
Cons
Low end pay
Flexible hours, wages higher than average, treated very fairly.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJanuary 2, 2019
A good place to work, wages are incredibly good for work that doesn't require much, work hours are highly flexible, very high probability of advancement if desired, health benefits included, very much recommended.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 31, 2018
It was a great experience. A typical day of work would be cleaning up and running the register. I learned the different ways to wash your hands. The hardest part of the job was the kitchen. And the most enjoyable part is the register.
N/a
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 30, 2018
This job was non stop work and I did the cashier spot to the cleaning the toilet for junk pay. The hours are all day at any time with no compensation and they didn't care
Good work flow
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 30, 2018
Working there was always nice. The steady flow of customers kept me from being bored without making me feel overwhelmed or rushed. I like how this company treats its employees and customers.
Great Coworkers
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2018
I loved working at Racetrac until a GM that I was under tricked me into stepping down for no solid reasons and the OS just transferred me away and didn’t give me any other management spot some where else
Pros
Discounted Racetrac foods
Cons
No breaks when busy or any discounts on gas
All in all horrible
3rd Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenneth City, FLDecember 29, 2018
Horrible managment. Dirty. Has rodents. Unfair to employee. No breaks. No free meals. Over worked and underpaid. All in all a horrible place to work..
N/a
Night Manger (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLDecember 28, 2018
Then work place was great but the management was bad.the job was fast and slow.The hard part bout this is getting off on time.A typical day was cleaning doing trash and working on the registers.
Great job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLDecember 28, 2018
Awesome opportunities. Great people great environment. Loved working here. One of the best upbeat work places that i have been a part of. Would for sure reccomend.
Love the manager i work with
Overnight Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 27, 2018
The most fun thing about the job is the people that come in and me and my overnight manager are really good friends so that made the job really cool. The hardest part is trying to clean everything on schedule and take care of the guest that come into the store.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Cons
Pay
Productive and fub
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 27, 2018
There is alot of teamwork. Customer relations are great. Everything is always clean and organized. Great work and effort are always recognized and sometimes rewarded.
Pros
Free drinks and 40% off ractrc products
Cons
Short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc..

Powered by Comparably