Rack Room Shoes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 22, 2018
most of the time it's great to work here, until everyone else is making 8.50 an hour and you hardly get any hours and hardly make enough money to have gas money or car insurance
Pros
chill work space
Cons
pretty much everything else
Rack Room is fine
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 16, 2018
Rack room was a great first job, that trained me in being a cashier and how to manage my time effectively. I am thankful for the skills i learned while as an employee there.
Not great, not terrible
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 16, 2018
Didn’t get a lot of hours. The benefit of an employee discount, the only benefit I received, was more expensive than using the store’s promotional bogo deal.
Friendly
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXMay 10, 2018
This was a great job for me. I never worked with shoes but Rack Room Shoes made it easier for me. The staff was great about teaching new hires and great with hours.
Pros
good hours, free time
Cons
short breaks
Slow Paced Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 10, 2018
A typical day at work will be slow paced job requires you to check inventory from time to time depending what city or area you are in.
What I learned in Rack rooms shoes is how to assist a customer and providing great customer service. The management is great and they will assist you with anything that you need assistance with. The workplace culture is very diverse which is great when getting to know people from different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is staying active being productive even when business slow throughout some days. What i enjoy about this is the holiday dinners that we as company have.
Great easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 10, 2018
This job you do not need any experience. Beginners are welcomed. Management is amazing and helpful when you need them. Easy job to do. Great environment to work in.
Day In/Day Out
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2018
Easy enough but a bit boring. New challenges rarely pop up making the day mundane and predictable. Growth is there but slow. Atmosphere is casual and quiet.
Pros
Comfortable work spaces and amenities
Cons
Co-workers are pleasant but cliqueish
Productive and fun place to learn new skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 5, 2018
Rack Room was a fun learning experience. I was able to learn how to do my job and learn some of the other responsibilities that other people with higher job titles have to do. It was a great first job to have.
Fun working environment
Manager trainee (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 1, 2018
Loved this company and love working for it. It’s very relaxed along with hard work. Management is great with working with what you can do and what you need to succeed.
Enjoyable and fun work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 26, 2018
Working at rack room shoes was my first job and I can honestly say it was a great experience to begin. I learned quite a bit of the work life and increased my skills in communicating and problem solving. The work environment was always calm and I never felt rushed because the job never really required for such tasks to be completed in a fast paced manner.
Pros
Lenient and calm work environment
Cons
Short breaks, adequate management
Very Relaxed
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAApril 25, 2018
Rack Room Shoes is a very good job if you are looking for something temporary or need extra money on the side. You learn a lot about how to deal with different types of customers and it is a good experience when it comes to getting out of your comfort zone.
Great manager, terrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 25, 2018
The head manager here is a great manager but the other ones are very incompetent. The sales associates mostly do all of the work and the managers do nothing.
Working for Rackroom Shoes
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2018
Rackroom is like any other retail job. You have to deal with customers and theft all while trying to maintain your sanity. My manager who is no longer with the company was great but when she left the company I along with all of my coworkers left the company as well. The job is easy it just doesn't pay.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
They only pay minimum wage
it was an okay place to work
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
managers always take advantage of calling off and having someone to come in. great benefits but the money isn't enough for what you're having to deal with
Pros
good benefts, good scheduleing
Cons
lazy staff
typical day
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 21, 2018
organize shelves.
dust props.
fill shelves.
sweep halls.
vacuum carpet areas.
greet customers.
organize shipment in stock room.
update pricing changes.
Pros
relaxed, slow pace
Cons
low pay, lack of opportunity
not a job for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALApril 17, 2018
They paid their own kind (whites) more than others. The manager wasn't very understandable when it came to health issues. I would recommend this job to kids that are still in school
Difficult Work Environment
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 16, 2018
Work day repetitive; management unprofessional; workplace culture problematic with the expectation of never needing time off; hardest part of the job is pettiness of management.
Pros
Close proximity to home.
Cons
Inadequate breaks, low pay, problematic managers.
Good Management, not enough pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Steele Creek, NCApril 16, 2018
I loved my managers, the people were great. The pay was not really enough as a part-time employee to cover much of anything other than gas. However, if you’re looking for a first job to get you introduced to retail - go for it!
Great for your first job, or part time gig
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 15, 2018
I have worked for the company for 4 years. They still barely pay sales associates 8.00 if that starting, my city is growing, cost of living is too. Very hard to retain or even hire people at that. Management is well if you’re patient enough to wait for a promotion, the company is fairly generous as a whole.
Pros
discount on shoes is very generous, flexibility
Cons
Low wages
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2018
good for beginner job, overall fast paced customer service. typical work day, go in take out any freight ( shipment) / then clean stock and organize throughout the day. assist customers with their needs as well as checking them out. enjoyable part of the job? just do what needs to be done and it'll will all come together. as far as having a good day. there is nothing about the job that i would say is hard. hardest part of the job is connecting with the customer other than that everything is both taught or self taught. management? depends on what site you work at. could be better
Pros
employee discount
Cons
pay rates