Rackspace Technology

Rackspace Technology Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA4 reviews
Found 4 reviews matching the search with 4 related reviews.
The culture of the company is great. There is definitely a ceiling you will reach by year 5 in your career advancement if you opt not to move to Rackspace HQ in Texas.
This company gave me many opportunities to finally get my hands on kicking servers and legacy builds. They were pioneers in the cloud technology and I am very proud to be a part of the first cloud enviroments on the east coast.
Productive and Fun work place. Its a better place and friendly environment to work. Colleagues are very friendly. I really liked the work place a lot with gaming and fitness zones.
Rackspace is a good company for someone new to the IT world to work for, but I wouldn't recommend it for seasoned professionals, as the pay scale is dramatically lower than almost any other company I've seen in the same field. I worked in a data center of theirs, which is a pretty small fraction of the big picture, but still enough to know the ins and outs. Management is very top-heavy as you'll probably see in other reviews. Becoming mid-level management is based strictly on your social status in the various cliques, and little to do with anything else (like work ethic or merit). Overall though, there is a great deal of autonomy, which is ultimately what most people want at their jobs, so it's hard to slam it too much. I've used it as the launchpad into my IT career and will always be grateful for its place in my life.
Pros
25c vending machines, semi-regular team outings, freedom of self-expression, autonomy
Cons
Pay is significantly lower than average for the same work
Job seekers rely on your experience.