Radford University Employee Reviews

Great part time job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 17, 2018
I love this job so much that I really did not want to leave but, I had to leave due to lack of benefits. Leaving this job was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
Pros
I really loved everything about the job
Cons
No benefits
Student Worker
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMay 13, 2018
During my time studying at Radford University I held 2 different positions on campus. Many students hold 3 or more positions at once and there are always different positions available on campus.
full time staff (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 11, 2018
Great coworkers on the most part, but administration does not do enough to retain its staff. Staff is underpaid, and offices are understaffed. Staff overturn is high.
University 100 Instructor (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with RU. The staff were very helpful. The students were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working in such a positive learning environment.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 26, 2018
As an adjunct instructor I could not ask for a better place to work. The support provided to us is top notch and everyone in the department I work care about the students and the quality of the education they deliver.
Overall nice to work there
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 25, 2018
It was nice to have the ability to teach the lab part of a class while I was in grad school. I enjoyed being able to teach the course. There was work outside of the class i.e. prep work and grading. The professor I worked under was great!
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 15, 2018
Job is not too demanding. Everyone is nice. Work is expected to get done, but no one is constantly breathing down your neck. I typically had to communicate with members from other departments to solve their database related needs.
Great Place to Work
Gym Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAFebruary 4, 2018
As a student and employee during my time at Radford University I had a great experience. The connection and diversity with everyone was breathtaking, which made my day to day study time and work time quite enjoyable.
work study; perfect
Biology and Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 31, 2018
I worked in the biology department as a lab assistant. I was treated as an adult, made my own hours, and a lot of typical "rules" were a little more lax for us. I would recommend this position above other work study positions.
Work Study
Work-study (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 30, 2018
Majority of my time as a work study, my manager has very willing to work with me to help me gain my hours. He/She set hours at the beginning of the semester for the whole year and never randomly changed hours around before contacting us before hand.

Want to know more about Radford University?

Ask a question
Great Place
College of Education Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 28, 2018
As a graduate student at Radford, I worked in three different on-campus locations as a graduate assistant. All of my supervisors were good, strong leaders. All of my colleagues were very kind and easy to work with.
Pros
Nice campus, Small town vibe, Collaborative Environment.
Great Place
Student Operations Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 27, 2018
As a student employee Radford University Student Organization gave me the opportunity to gain work experience while allowing me the flexibility to keep up with my study.
Life of an adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 23, 2018
The old adage applies: overworked and underpaid. There are no benefits, no paid leave, and no room for advancement. On average, an adjunct has about 80 students, and there is no assistance in managing the class load.
Productive and Supportive Atmosphere
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working here with my coworkers as well as my supervisors. I assisted students with technical errors, equipment and textbook checkouts, as well as assisted my supervisor with projects.
Productive and fun working environment
Cinema Director (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 19, 2018
Worked 5 hours a day along with taking courses.
Different cultures and personalties working together to bring the campus life together.
The hardest part was it is impossible to please everyone and must compromise.
The best thing about this job was bringing to the community together.
Student Nurse Radford Univerisity
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 11, 2018
Great experience and professional environment. I cannot wait to graduate and share my experience with my my employment. This is a great to school to attend for nursing. There a lot of opportunity to learn and thrive.
A work study job
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJanuary 10, 2018
Pretty decent for a work study job at a university. Wish It paid more but it was through the school system. All work study student work the same amount of hours and get paid the same.
Experience worthwhile
Museum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 31, 2017
I loved working with my fellow classmates and professors. I learned a lot and would love to go back to see the improvements. The professors were understanding and helpful when it came to learning how things needed to be done.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Too much work for little hours allowed
Good Work Environment
Muse Hall Council President (Current Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 16, 2017
I'm the Muse Hall Student Council President, so it's a volunteer job. I love my bosses, and the girls are fun to work with. I enjoy being the President.
great job
CPR Instructor (Former Employee) –  Radford, VADecember 14, 2017
Very easy to teach others. I work when I wanted and every student had prior experience and wanted to learn. This was the best job so far and I felt like I helped a lot.