Radian Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company, Great culture!
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2018
It is a great time to be at the company with all the positive changes and introduction to new technologies to keep our stakeholders, clients and business happy. Nice to work for a company that keeps up with the trends in the marketplace. I enjoy coming to work each day because I believe in our mission and values.
Pros
Work life balance, Culture, Collaborative, Rewarding Work
Cons
None at this time
political
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
Leadership within this company is entirely oppressive and, in my opinion, very controlling. There was little praise and a lot of fear around job security and goals always moving. Commission sales people goals would change without explanation and the concern over competition was fearful at best. Not a healthy environment knowing you are never off of work and asked to get things done in 30 min on a day off.
Poor management
Colorado - Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Judged by manager on knowing more than they did; nepotism with certain employees; negative atmosphere; no growth potential; criticized for being an FHA underwriter as well
No job security
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2018
One day you work, the next day you dont... there is no guarantee to earn money. And no training for personal development or advancement. Managment is very buddy buddy, so if you dont know the right person, you are overlooked for just about everything
Software Engineer in Test Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work. Good work life balance. Management values your opinion. Provides good exposure. You can approach management irrespective of your position.
work place culture
QC Analyst-Reviewer / Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2018
a typical day can change daily or hourly. Management skill set was underdeveloped for the industry and was inconsistent in procedures and decision making issues. Employee development was based on a personal level and not a professional level. Management lacked the ability to train team members efficiently and internal advancement was non existent.
Cons
developed team members based on personal relationship-hired their friends frequently
work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, COJune 27, 2018
Typical day at work. What I learned, management. Culture - the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the day. Meeting the additional characters.
Culture destroyed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
Radian was a tremendous place to work at one time with only advancement being an issue. Now all leadership has changed in past 18 months and new leadership is unclear on direction of company. The best people are leaving and moral is low.
Pros
New building for Corporate headquarters
Cons
Low moral and lack of leadership
No Management direction
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Philadephia, PAMay 22, 2018
Upper management has had so many changes within the past several years that it's unclear what direction Radian is heading in as a company. So many good people have left leaving it an unstable place to work.
Pros
Recreation activities
Cons
high turnover rate
Good company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
This company took a chance on me, and allowed me the opportunity to learn, influence, and grow professionally. As a result, I am well rounded for professionally and personally.
Fast-paced sales
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work was very long (13+ hours). I learned how to properly, & safely, handle food. You had to be sales driven, and able to work very independently, which could be challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
travel
Solid company with great people and good work/life balance
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2018
I am enjoying working for this company and have learned more about my area of focus: financial/corporate planning. Now that my area has stabilized (had revolving door of sr managers) is has become more enjoyable.
great job
High School Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2018
great office job. very cold all year around but very good job. job requirements are fair and employees are so welcoming to everyone. very great place to work and feel comfortable.
Pros
perfect job
Cons
in the middle of downtown
Stressful
Project Manager - Radian Account Team (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
I was a contractor at Radian and the culture was not favorable for contractors or vendors. From speaking with FTEs, their benefits outweighed the hardships of the job.
Pros
Work environment, Pto
Cons
Stressful
Job Security
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Radian as an Underwriter. The technology was great, the management team is supportive, the pay was decent not the best but good. My issues were constant fear of layoffs due to lack of loans.
Pros
Supportive team, open communication
Cons
Lay offs, convoluted guidelines amd procedures manual
Excellent place to work, would have retired if staff reduction had not taken place
Contract /Flow Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great management and company really values employees. Workload is well managed and did not feel stressed. Loved working from my home office. All equipment was provided and good working order.
Pros
Management, hours
Cons
Staff reduction
Great place to work.
Director of Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2017
Excellent workplace culture. Management support for all employees and helping keep the company competitive in the marketplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with senior management and implementing changes to existing operations.
Pros
Work schedule. Balanced approach to meeting needs for remote login from home.
Cons
Many changes in leadership over the past few years.
good
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2017
eview and evaluate borrower profile including all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary title report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals.
Analyze and calculate income using documentation such as personal and business income statements; ensure all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions.
Exercise good judgment, conduct reasonableness tests and issue quality decisions
Determine accuracy and completeness of files; ensure consistent processes
Demonstrate proficiency in automated underwriting systems
Maintain established service level standard of decisions within a 48-hour time frameCommunicate regularly with sales team, processing department and managementFamiliar with multiple investor and agency guidelines and overlays
DE Mortgage Underwriter Required Skills and Qualifications:
great place to work
Learning and Development - Performance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2017
The organization served me well for the 10+ years that I worked there. I had opportunities to learn and grow. I held three (3) different roles and became a trusted advisor as well as an ambassador for the organization. New leadership has helped to move the organization forward in a great way.
Pros
Great environment and employees
Cons
Limited growth potential when I worked there. Things may have changed.
Good Company
Mortgage Servicing Compliance / Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2017
Radian has been a small, tight knit community of employees for many years. Employment at Radian teaches each employee how to think outside of the box.
Pros
easy access in Philadelphia
Cons
uncertain industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radian Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about