Radiant Solutions Employee Reviews

Top-down organization; low-level employees exploited
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 16, 2018
Do you like having no say in your working hours? Do you like sitting at an uncomfortable cubicle, doing repetitive and click-heavy tasks that strain your mind and body? Do you like being misled by low-level management because all power is held at corporate level? Do you like being undercompensated with little room for advancement? This might be the place for you.
Great place to have a Career, Not Just A Job
Geospatial Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
When each manager looks after their team like they are a small company of their own within the larger corporation, good things happen. We still maintain that "smaller company" feel even though we have grown so much in the last several years. It is important to empower mid-level managers to help the people under them and make sure the right people are chosen for such positions. It is easy to let a job fall into just punching a time clock and showing up (especially after several years), but I don't believe in that and I don't think that is what we do in this company, in my experience. Keep up the good work!
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Care about employees, Invests in employees, team building, parties
Cons
none at this time
Meaningful, challenging work despite growing pains and legacy projects
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIAugust 28, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for if you want to do something meaningful, learn a lot, and advance your career.

The work hours are flexible and the culture is very nurturing/supportive. You get to do real development and have independence while never feeling left alone. You can also be reimbursed for any educational expenses (tuition, conferences, textbooks, etc...)

Communication can be difficult at times, both within this branch with its too-large building and security restrictions, and company wide with all of the merger confusion. Some tech is lagging behind whether because of legacy requirements or IT/security concerns.
Pros
Great, supportive work environment
Cons
Growing Pains and legacy projects
Exciting Company with Great Work/Life Balance
Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 22, 2018
If you are ambitious about the work you want to do, but also have a personal life, Radiant Solutions might be the right place for you. I love that my work is meaningful, challenging, and on the cutting edge of the industry. And I love that my time is valued and I am not constantly working.
Pros
Multiple office locations, excellent benefits
Cons
New company still figuring out certain processes and policies
Best Place I have ever worked
Director (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 13, 2018
Radiant Solutions is the best place I have ever worked. The spirit of collaboration and innovation is infectious. Management does a great job of communicating and keeping team members updated on performance and changes. There have been a lot of changes, but the organization has been smartly reorganized and good cultures have been preserved. The work we do is amazing and the future outlook is very promising.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture, Casual Dress, Advancement
Cons
Seemingly constant change, but the light of stability at the end of the tunnel is very visible.
Your experience depends on where you work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 30, 2018
Radiant has some interesting projects and good managers. This is offset by the lack of strategic direction and communication from leadership, making many roles very challenging to perform. If you know someone who works here, and they're happy with their team, it's worth a shot to take a job on the same team. Otherwise, buyer beware.
Great company to work for, highly recommend!
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
Workplace culture is relaxed, but engaging. Curiosity and learning are welcomed and talents/strengths are harnessed for optimal products wherever possible. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. The benefits package is very generous for the area and PTO is unmatched in my experience, with all full-time employees receiving 4 weeks off per year.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, occasional short days to boost moral and a great company culture.
Cons
The work can get tedious, but if you are a go getter then there are always options for adding new responsibilities, or completing interesting one-off tasks.
Amazing
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  SOCOMJuly 13, 2018
I have worked for four other defense contracting companies and this company is amazing. That is truly the best way to describe them. This company cares for their people I know that gets thrown around a lot but this company truly does care about their people. This place wants to help you succeed and provides ample ways to help your career advance. I truly respect this company and they respect me and my ideas.
benefits
Dynamic Workplace with Amazing Benefits
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2018
We work on all kinds of different problem sets throughout the world, learning new things constantly. We have a dynamic pool of employees with many different backgrounds and varied interests. The benefits are amazing and include several weeks of paid leave. There are many different opportunities in different locations throughout the US and some overseas.
Great Company
Reachback Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 12, 2018
I have been working with Radiant Solutions full time for about a year and have worked on multiple projects as well as been promoted to a team lead/management position. The company is willing to invest in it's employees by encouraging training and skill development when possible. If you put in the effort it will not go unnoticed by management.

Want to know more about Radiant Solutions?

Ask a question
A great company to work for
Senior GEOINT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 23, 2018
This is the best company I have worked for - I feel like leadership really cares about its employees and recognizes them for their good work. I am optimistic about the MDA IS, Digital Globe, and Radiant Group merge as one company, Radiant Solutions.
Pros
Caring manager, excellent coworkers, inclusive team environment, family friendly
Cons
mergers always come with some uncertainty and changes
Great place to grow your career
Director (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 13, 2018
With our recent merger, company has been working hard to integrate all business units to create a unique and competitive position in the market place.

The work is fast paced and challenging but the opportunity to grow and develop your career is the payoff.
Pros
Company is fast growing and provides excellent compensation and benefits to its employees. Also, the company invests in the growth and development of its employees.
Cons
With the recent corporate merger, the company is working to build a new brand in the market place.
An Exciting Company to be a part of
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 27, 2018
For those who get the work done and choose to pursue it, there are growth opportunities awaiting them. Being an analyst can be tedious at times, but there are opportunities to step up, take on more responsibilities, or go above and beyond. You also get to work in a collaborative environment, side by side with your colleagues. Being a part of a team and offering and receiving the support of those around you is invaluable as a job asset.

Management can sometimes struggle to communicate clearly with their employees. As Radiant Solutions has taken part in a massive merger over the past year, and is now part of the new space economy giant that is Maxar Technologies, there are understandable growing pains as management from the top down tries to settle in and shake out all the kinks that come with being part of a newly merged company.
Great company with a positive outlook for the future
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
Great work environment, particularly in the Arlington office; Room for creativity, learning, and skill building; Strong and supportive leadership team trying to improve the company while maintaining its strengths; Good benefits, including relatively flexible hours.
Great place to work!!!
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
Very friendly environment to work. Management encourages creativity and helps you achieve your career goals. Projects are interesting and always changing. Coworkers are very friendly and encourage each other to better their skills.
Pros
Great benefits and flexible work environment.
Cons
Benefits have decreased after a few mergers, but are still better than other places I've worked.
A rewarding place to grow professionally
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 14, 2018
This is my first full-time job, and though I don't really have much to compare it to, I really like it so far. I am receiving a great salary and rewards, the management is very kind and understanding, there is lots of opportunity to grow, and the work is flexible and rewarding.
Pros
Meetings once every few days provide free lunch
Positive atmosphere, but not many options for advancement
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 17, 2018
The culture was laid back, but still you still had to keep on pace for deadlines. I learned Erdas Imagine (a remote sensing software) which enabled us to interpret data from satellite imagery into easily readable maps. It presented challenges at some turns, and sometimes it was repetitive. Overall I enjoyed working there.
Pros
heathcare and friendly atmosphere
Cons
no room for advancement
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
Radiant Solutions is a great place to work. The corporate culture is awesome and upper management truly care about employees. The company is always open to new ideas so you can really get involved in the work.
Great place to work!
Senior Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 19, 2018
The people that work there are genuine and feel like you belong.
Flexible hours, work when you want.
Wednesday snack days at Gaithersburg are the best.
Benefits are great (Medical, vision, dental, prescription, etc)
The feeling that you can succeed in your work is great.
Relaxed place to work with advancement options
Geospatial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 23, 2018
Radiant Solutions has been a great company to work for. They unfortunately had to go through a large lay-off process after a merger with Digital Globe. Other than that, there's usually a number of contracts going on. In one year, I worked on about four different projects. They have great benefits, and provide snacks all day every Wednesday. The atmosphere is very relaxed. They are very trusting that you know what you're doing, so there is little supervision. It's definitely a place to know what all going on so you can move to different projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radiant Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4