Radiant Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Outings for Core employees
Manfacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 30, 2017
Radiant Systems was bought out by NCR in 2011. One thing about Radiant is that at the end of each quarter they would reward the employees with either a cook out, going to the lake, or raffles.
Pros
Free lunches during weekend work
Point of Sale
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 12, 2017
In my opinion point-of-sale is difficult as the market is limited to consumer outlets as opposed to software that could be used on any office or home computer. Also, there is much set-up to be done in too short of time for too little money.

To be more specific every product or service provided by the client to their customers has to be entered in the database, the users trained on their new system, the equipment installed etc.. Often the installation has to be preformed after the outlet is closed and before they open in the morning. A bar and grill might be open until 2am and open for breakfast at 7am.

My recommendation was not positive as that is the nature of the business not because Radiant was bad.

It would actually be a good place for someone new to working in technology that would like to be routinely tried in preparation for I.T. work.

An individual restaurant/bar staff gets stressed when swapping out the P.O.S system. Imagine the stress when an entire office building looses network connectivity, the primary database for the corporation suddenly stops accepting transactions, or somebody opens an email with a virus that spreads to every machine.

Point of Sale is not a bad place to experience not in the classroom stress.
Pros
You'll get plenty of typing and clicking experience.
Cons
The hours can be excessive.
Happy-Go-Lucky - FUN-JOB
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 17, 2017
At Radiant Systems, I worked alongside folks that were top-notch and not afraid to share ideas, share knowledge, help each other succeed. The managers were Happy-Go-Lucky and helped to create a FUN-JOB environment.

With ping pong and pool tables, walking trails and bright open work spaces - you could not help but want to go to work here. I learned much about downstream re-sellers and Microsoft SharePoint while working here. Manger was great. Wish I could have stayed here forever. Stress-free for sure.
Pros
Great work place environment
Cons
no permanent job offer at the time
Support Agent
Senior Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2017
Worked trouble tickets, answered phones and supported Point of Sale hardware and software. It was a decent place to work. Quite a few of my former coworkers are still there.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Stressful
Typical Day at work
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 1, 2017
Radiant Systems was the Agency that hired me to work as a contractor for AT&T. The Supervisors I worked for at AT&T were good to me. I did a lot of Data Entry in Oracle ordering supplies for the Technicians that were going to install or replace parts in the towers. I also did a lot of uploading documents and pictures in Siterra and Filenet.
Pros
Good working environment for AT&T
Cons
Radiant Systems really were not very attentive to me even if I was doing a good job for them and ATT
Unsupportive
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  MossvilleMay 11, 2017
They are great at sending a check, but are bad at almost everything else. They do not communicate or respond to concerns. They do not advocate for their people. My performance was great, but Radiant never chose to attempt to get me a raise, despite repeated requests to do so.
typical contract work
Consulting Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2017
Typical contract company but has offer me work. They are part of Addecco which has some value as a brand name. No single person contact. They have communicated with the client company.
Pros
notice on contract
Cons
missed payroll
Flexible hours
PC and Point of Sales technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
The working environment was casual and provided a lot of flexibility to take time off and work from home as needed. The facilities were also really nice and they had soda machines on every floor.
Caring and understanding by Management Department
Supplier Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 25, 2016
Loved, loved working at Radiant Systems! Best place I've ever worked at. Everybody that worked there was friendly and hard working. Great incentives. Management was very attentive to the employees.
Pros
great pay, great working hours
great place to work.
Learning and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 15, 2016
Enjoyed learning new and excitement things regarding the job. Learned Supply Chain Management. Excelled in learning and development. hardest part of the job adjusting to the different personalities.
Pros
alwasy opportunity for growth and learning.

Want to know more about Radiant Systems?

Ask a question
Great work environment
DBA (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 30, 2016
An avenue to learn more
Contract jobs expose you to different working environment
On call support and help
Friendly co-workers
Moving between jobs is the hardest part of this job
Great Place to Learn
Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2016
I learned alot from this place. They provided good training and also the people i worked with were energetic and great to work with.
only 2 other people work there and you can work at your own pace.
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2015
Come in pull orders for UPS shipments recheck with RF Scanners to make sure stock is correct for the week and put away stock that comes in to the warehouse.
The job itself was pretty easy going.
Terminal Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 28, 2015
Management was pretty unprofessional. There was favoritism between the direct supervisor and employees. I felt that I was disliked for some reason.
Pros
Laid back environment.
Cons
Unprofessionalism.
varied, very enjoyable positions, great opportunity
Database Analyst, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 14, 2014
Worked primarily in client support involving proprietary software products based on Microsoft's SQL Server 6.5 and 7.
One of the greatest jobs I ever had
Field Technician - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2014
A typical day consisted of procuring and upgrading IT equipment throughout the Florida state. I learned how to create multiples ways to hard wiring. The hardest part was seeing an end to the completed project. The most enjoyable part was taking some time to teach the new guy and knowing he was going to do it right.
Good place to work overall
software support (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2014
Competitive salary, very good benefits, wonderful co-workers.
Good experience
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2014
Overall, the experience was not bad. There were little things that I was expecting like direct deposit and a bit more conversations with the account manager. But overall I didn't have any major problems.
A decent place to work before the buy-out
Systems Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Forth Worth, TxSeptember 12, 2014
Radiant Systems, Inc was a above average place to work with people that had a cohesive and unified drive to succeed as a company.

When it was sold to NCR many anticipated (rightfully so) that the existing culture within the company was going to change.

After a year people we being let go, citing RIF's (reductions in force) and other reasons.

Management was forced to let go of many key and well-qualified hard-working employees and replace them with contract (and cheaper) replacements.
Pros
good culture; team community
Cons
Bought out by NCR, Inc; culture no longer positive, etc
Most productive and fun place
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Radiant systems was one of the best work places. I worked an 8 to 5 Accounts Payable job-Monday through Friday. I went in as a data entry clerk and quickly moved up to being the team lead of the accounts payable department. Radiant Systems management believed in growth. When one worked hard, they were rewarded. Hard work was noticed and appreciated and this in return, resulted in hard working employees that went to great lengths to attain whatever the goals were for the company.
Pros
Half day (Fridays) and "Happy Hour" by the patio- Got to know individuals better.