Radiology Partners
41Low

Radiology Partners Employee Reviews

United States48 reviews
RP has some impressive staff, most of those are radiologists. Support, infrastructure, integrations, implementations, best practices, etc... is underdeveloped for the amount of growth this newer practice takes on.

Possibly a buy out from a larger corp would potentially help with some stability, allow for continued success and growth but prevent the unprofessional culture that is often found in smaller start-ups. Favoritism is common in larger practices, but often organizations don't put friends in positions that are professionability above skillset.

I was without a doubt disappointed from the beginning, I left a 5-year job to join RP because I missed working in Medical Imaging Informatics.

They are just now working on implementations for projects I did 10 yrs ago in a rural community hospital. It actually broke my heart a bit that they would 'not' resolve things because of IT support issues - when Radiologists' productivity and efficiencies were impacted and should be their ONLY goal.
Pros
The Radiologists are the keys to this practice
Cons
Needs to be more physician lead as indicated in their mission or vision statements
Our company was one of the many acquired by RP. They buy out radiology practices across the country en mass. They’re only focused on being the largest radiology practice, and don’t often know how to integrate everyone they buy out. After the payroll transition, our paychecks were messed up, benefits went unpaid, and getting through to HR usually involved several managers getting thrown into the mix.

They reassigned several managers in our shop to take on roles in other practices while still being present in ours and offering them no more pay but a lot more stress. They promised salary evaluation and increases for almost a year and none of us ever saw a dime.
Pros
Easy exposure to the industry to move on to bigger and better jobs
Cons
Low pay, long hours, unclear vision, lots of lip service
Nepotism and favoritism at it's best! Suggestions for process improvement not welcomed and you will be made to feel dumb. Very bad experience and will not recommend to anyone.
The good experience working at RP is the location, benefits and happy hour on Friday's. However the work/life balance is non-existent. The deadlines are unmanageable due to the workload and timeframe. You are required to answer emails on weekends and vacation days. Accounting Manager micromanages you on a daily basis. A typical work day can last up to 10 to 12 hours a day. No overtime.

Your pay doesn't match your workload.
Radiology Partners is the worst. Leadership is mean, petty and spiteful but most of all lazy. The managers and VP's are a mean girls club and they definitely play favorites. The culture in the Santa Ana location is toxic and headquarters in El Segundo looks the other way. There are folks in charge who have no idea what they are doing. Turnover is ridiculous and everyone pretends to be confused as to why. Don't consider this place if you're job hunting. You'll regret it.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This job gave me an opportunity to learn something that I had no idea of what I was to do, but once after I was trained I fell in love with the job. The employees there were very nice. The job showed there employees a lot of love and support. I love the way they thanked there employees on a job well done.
I didn't know much because when i first came here the company was first starting but it was a good company. They are a good company and a good opportunity to grow.
Corporate entity with strong administrative and IT resources and expertise to support local and regional radiology practices. Locally lead means free to run as patients/doctors/hospitals/health care systems demand. Also free to make mistakes in practice management.

Daily practice will be as functional and rewarding as local leadership and individual radiologists determine, as with any practice. Advantage of RP is opportunity to concentrate fully on patients care and practice of radiology.
Pros
Opportunity to concentrate of practice of medicine and/or leadership.
Cons
Provide resources to solve problems. Won't do it for you.
You can tell Upper management is only worried about making money. They could care less about employees, the work environment, and the ones actually doing all the work. I have never seen a company waste so much money on unnecessary travel from California to Texas. They come down and stay in the most expensive hotels and pull up in Escalades they have rented. Ridiculous! Some little Bully HR lady at the main office in California runs the show. She is the reason for so much turnover. She takes pride in bullying people and firing them too. I have never worked for a company were HR is over departments besides HR. HR is supposed to be totally unbiased when it comes to disputes, well not here, they take up for the management of the teams they are over. The Houston office can't keep HR people because of the little bully. She fired 3 HR reps in 3 years when I worked there. Good people too. That place is a joke. You get the point!
C-Suite leaders in El Segundo are oblivious to the lack of leadership, outside of their corporate office. In addition, the lost authenticity in regional leadership is highly discouraging. There's no inclusion and constant back stabbing by practice leaders between physicians and teammates. CORE VALUES ARE NOT FOLLOWED! Leadership provides minimal direction, constantly resulting in employees "reinventing the wheel" which adds up to a lot of lost productivity. This is a toxic culture that will run you into the ground.
Within my 15 years of supporting healthcare C-Suite professionals (physicians, CEOs, CMOs, COOs) I have worked for many executives (some highly demanding and others extremely easy). Radiology Partners was by far the worst environment I have ever worked in. There is lack of respect, direction, boundaries, engagement and extremely poor training.

The leaders talk the talk, but do not walk the walk - EVER!

They are fixated on corporate growth and not the development of people. You are merely another butt in seat, sorta like a professional sweat shop - people come and go, yet the executives, senior and middle management stays the same.

When you bring attention to problems (even with a solution to fix) you are ostracized by leadership and drives a wedge between you and your teammates simply because you voiced concern. The environment is borderline unethical, and in the near future I foresee lawsuits filed by staff pertaining to a hostile work environment. The lack of support, high turnover and toxicity is company-wide.
Pros
Amazing building/daily perks
Cons
Overworked, under paid, toxic & stressful environment
As a team manager, my observation and experience included teammates looking to managers for direction; however, if senior and middle management aren’t abiding by the core values set forth, employees will follow suit. Even worse, they’ll begin to distrust leadership for exempting managers from the office rules. Authority will be discredited, and a clear divide will form between leadership and the staff.
In addition, high support teammate turnover is almost always a guaranteed sign of a bad healthcare company culture. Not only will a bad culture drive employees away, it will also deter job seekers from taking your organization seriously. If you’re saying goodbye to employees left and right, they’re probably looking for a less toxic company culture.
Lie lie lie to get you on board then you realize no amount of pay is worth this much insanity. Do not believe them about working “remote” - will never happen. Little training, no support from management, micromanaged (literally) down to the second. Forget about breaks, you’ll either be on your own or too slammed to even go to the bathroom. Favoritism, retaliation, shady operation.
It started off ok, but I soon realized that there were problems with management, in the fact that they were implementing new things but not holding everyone accountable to the changes, it was a complete mess. I was floored when I saw that people were allowed to keep their job (working remotely) when, for months, they had to assign other to help get their job done....time after time after time. Their work that was submitted was very sloppy. When I was hired, I was offered a low pay rate, when asked for more, I was told no. I found out that one of the said "slackers" that worked remote, made thousands more than I did a year, and I was doing her work for her! Everyone was. When I asked about a raise, I was told that we were all on an even pay scale, to keep it fair.....um, ok. After I left the company, I found out that others made more than I did, with less experience. I was a "valued and important" employee...but, they have an odd way of showing that. I gave my all to this company, for them to treat me the way they did, it is a slap in the face. When I gave my notice, they had the nerve to say they didnt know if they wanted me leading their team because they had to question my integrity, on giving a shorter notice than usual. (But when the other job pays 10k more, you just gotta do what you gotta do) I am not sad about leaving this place, I'm a better person for it.
Great team awesome mnagers. People are nice and courteous with one another
Hours are awesome more to spend with family like this job and management.
This place lacks integrity, management is horrible because its all about who you know and not what you know, If you are not friends or family then you wont make it there. They take no ownership in anything. Its always the team members who take the hit on everything, not that management is incompetent. I'm so glad I know longer work for a place where it felt like I was going to a prison work furlough program. Good luck to anyone who decides to work for this joke of a company
A typical day at work was to build large imaging systems, and to troubleshoot issues. I learned how to manage teams who where spread out through out the country. The workplace culture changed a few times, but over all the culture was applicable. The hardest part of the job was having to discipline employees over the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build the larges PACS systems in the country.
Pros
Good people, and good benefits.
Cons
to many changes, no consistency
This company resents the worst of medicine in USA. A bunch of PE shark out to exploit poor/naive radiologist and and patients to turn a quick buck but probably more troublesome is how many of the rads out there are willing to sell their souls for their blood money. The CEO and his cronies do not care one iota for radiology as a specialty or for the patients we care for. They use fear to scare group into joining with them. They have nothing to offer the next generation of physician in our speciality other than a sack of worthless stock and empty promises. My advice to anyone out there if you have been approached by these charlatans for either employment or partnership run the opposite direction. The only way to end this PE sharkfest (RP, Envision, and Mednax) is keep them horrible understaffed so that hospitals and provide boot them for the below average service that they provide
Pros
Cons
Everything poor pay, toxic work environment, exploitation of patients and physicians to name a few
I work in the Santa Ana office and I love it. The managers are extremely approachable and above all, caring. They are always taking the time to make sure that the team is doing okay during times of high call volume and they go out of their way to let us know how much they appreciate our hard work. I think if you look for the negative aspects of any job, that’s what you’re going to find. Of course there are moments where I feel frustrated and overwhelmed. But those moments are fleeting, and my team has been there for me every step of the way. It’s a fast growing practice, and I feel very fortunate t be a part of that. I would and have recommended working for this practice.
Worst management team I've ever worked with in 20 years! A lot of unhappy employees, huge turnover! Absolutely no training! No help from upper mngmnt!
I loved the challenges of working for a vibrant, busy and productive co like Rad Partners for 4 years in El Segundo as a Director, Finance

Unfortunately my husband was relocated to NYC for a C-suite job in Entertainment and he could not decline the offer and opportunity. If RP opened a NYC finance division I would jump at an opportunity.

It was so difficult to say goodbye to my great leaders and team.

Till we meet again - friends.
Pros
VG benefits, learning all the time, advancement
Cons
None I can think of to be called a 'Con'
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radiology Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7