RadioShack Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work with excellemt emloyees and great customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2018
The job itself was great, managemet was great. There was no typical day at work persay, in that we were allways tryng new things in order to improve our buiness model. It truly tought me the meaning of multitasking, and thinking on your feet, as we didn't know exactly what was to be expected on a a day to day basis. It was a truly challenging experience, and extremely fast paced which I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was not nowing what the future held for me, and for my employees whom I tried to realax and to help them have faith, which is not easy to do when you yuorself have doubts. No one could really tell what the future of the company was to be, especially with online sales trends, and our exttremely high overhead with 4000 stores nationwide, but it was fun while it lasted, and I got to meet some great people. Which was really the most enjoyable part. That I got to work with some really positive people who made my job easer and more much more enjoyable.
Pros
Great work experience especially as my first management experience
Cons
Not having faith in the future of the company
A busy and eventful workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 22, 2018
While I enjoyed working there towards the end they stressed cell phone sales and I had no experience in that. I was good at everything else. But let go in the end
Pros
Nearby food places
Cons
cell phone sales
Radio Shack
Customer service, Technical Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 20, 2018
I considered Radio Shack as an iconic company growing up and I used to buy electronic components and gadgets from them frequently.It was great honor to work for them as a temporary sales associate unfortunately I had to leave early due to neglect on behalf of these so called (MBA) executive who ran RADIO SHACK down to ground by turning such an Iconic company to a Cellular Phone Shack..
Pros
I enjoy selling and working with cosumer electronics products, accsserories and gadgets
Cons
price point was to high to survive this market saturated with Chinese B goods.
there out of business not sure
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 20, 2018
they are no longer in business not sure why im even doing this. poor management led to there down fall and they screwed over loyal employees on there way out.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoyaable workplace, friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Jay, CAApril 18, 2018
Management was quite friendly upon gaining employment, and continued to assist as much as possible throughout my employment with the company. Our store was affected by RadioShack's closures.
It's Alright
Full Time Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 18, 2018
This was a great job to learn hands on customer service and sales. It was a very cutthroat environment and employees were not compensated well. And there is the minimum
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Closed
Great while it lasted.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAApril 18, 2018
When I started, the training was unbelievable! I was flown all over the country for weeks at a time for training workshops, and I have them to thank for the foundation that I have built my professional career upon.
Radioshack
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with some of my employees but over all the job was not my favorite. If the pay was better it would have been worth it, but with small minded people working there it was hard.
great company
ASSISTANT MOBILITY MANAGER/ STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 17, 2018
great place to work, was laid back had alot to offer. Some advancement opportunities, had a two great dms and the employee were awesome some flaws but not bad
Good place to start at
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
If you're young, this would be a great place to get started at. You'd learn a lot, and just get experience. I probably wouldn't stay there for long unless you plan to just continue to go up in the company. But overall, good place to start at if you're just getting into the work field.
Good starting sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 17, 2018
Great for an entry level sales position. Commissioned based and a lot of troubleshooting. Also, basic understanding of electronics and wiring would be a good thing.
dying company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 17, 2018
This job kinda sucked, it was a business that didnt grow with the times. the higher ups usually want you to focus sales on things that dont really matter like batteries and power cables.
Pros
Co-workers are fun
Cons
the pay
Back in the day Radio Shack was the place!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 16, 2018
My experience at Radio Shack was very positive. I made pretty decent money for retail sales! Cell Phone spiffs added up quickly and the employee discounts were awesome! Unfortunately, Radio Shack as I knew it doesn't exist anymore.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
You work alone alot. You're also the janitor and the security
Quick-paced and very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 16, 2018
It is a fast-paced environment where all sales associates must try to sell as much as possible to make their quotas. The manager always helped each and everyone under her management in order to strive for better goals.
They had to force me to take breaks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 16, 2018
while I couldn't work there forever due to the wages this had to be one of my favorite jobs to work for since it dealt with DIY electronics I really enjoyed Talking to people about their technology needs. It is definitely a good stepping stone job.
Pros
fun job experience commission was nice
Cons
low pay and lack of career advancements
decent first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 15, 2018
Seemed like a dying company from the start. Their business practices seem to be just around cellphone sales. Peers were decent but upper management past store manager did not seem to have any idea what to do.
productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAApril 15, 2018
Productive and fun environment. Interacting with different culture and background. Learning about new products and new technologies. An enjoyable experiences.
slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 15, 2018
Slow paced so not enough customers and not enough pay or benefits. Conveniently located next to Best Buy. Not the best location. Currently closed down.
Pros
Great manager at the time
Cons
not enough customers so not enoughb pay
bankrupt
Manager / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAApril 14, 2018
you know it was a good place to work and fairly relaxed, but unfortunately the company went bankrupt so i lost my job. had a lot of fun working there, poor corporate culture though.
good
Cons
hard
They went out of business
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2018
This company filed for bankruptcy twice while I worked for them. That was clearly my main reason for leaving. They don't have any stores open currently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RadioShack. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

1.9

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight