Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Some ghood people to work with
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 17, 2018
I love my job at the Radisson but Management is very bad, they do not take care of problems that arise in the work place. Need more employees. Very short staffed.
Pros
Good Health insurance, and paided time off
Cons
Don't enforce rules, no respect, to much back stabing, poor management.
Big Goals
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 19, 2018
Company has an extensive 5 yr plan changing up a lot at once. Which can be overwhelming but a lot is getting done which is fantastic. Great to meet a lot of people that actually are the hospitality providers at the hotels. New owners HNA (out of China) seem to have the money to invest in the planned advancements.
Employment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 7, 2018
Work environment was mostly positive but also hectic and very unorganized there is almost no room for improvement or advancement. Co workers where friendly and helpful
work place
Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Al-WusṭaMay 19, 2018
i learned here how to work underpressure..creative ideas place i would be a part of team meber for a long time. since i joine this group i am enjoying with my experience ..
Productive , Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2018
I loved it, but as a young adult I realized that the career path at Carlson wasn't my passion or leading me towards my passion which is child education.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Shift
management is awful
kitchen (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2018
I've been working here for over a year and have showed what I can do and know I deserve a promotion. The past month multiple people have been given a promotion, some working there not as long as I have. the management is super poor, there is zero communication at all and all of the employees in my department are super unhappy thanks to the manager of said department. it's a stressful job where the schedule is never the same and the boss is unprofessional towards his employees. not to mention our department is super under staffed and everyone is quitting because of what is going on. I would love this job more if these things were addressed, otherwise i love my coworkers! they make the job fun.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management, job advancement
A good place to work with hotel offered perks.
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2017
At one time, seniority counted a great deal as did sales per hour and call conversion. Good people for the most part. Didn't like frequent schedule bids.
The Directors and Supervisors were great to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
The buyout by HNA of China was not a positive experience for those long term employees who were laid off by the new owners. Gold points that can be redeemed for hotel stays are given out to those employees who have done a great job.
Pros
NIce break rooms, fitness center, .
Busy and productive.
Sr. Dir Global Reservations and Customers Care (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2017
I enjoy my time here and like the people I work with . It has provided global experience which is important to me and I welcome the challenges of international business.
Company Changes and Growth
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 13, 2017
The company structure and management has changed dramatically. I foresee many more changes which will allow the company to continue to grow and thrive for many more years to come.
Workplace Culture
Sales and Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 5, 2017
Carlson is a great place to work. They offer great advancement opportunities and good benefits. The management group are very approachable with a open door policy. We provide discount to our employees for hotel stays.
Pros
the employees, benefits and opportunities
Good enviroment
Sales and Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2017
Family enviroment. Great management. Good support. Offer a good deal of flexability with schedules. Good benefits. A good deal of teamwork and group involvement in process development and improvement.
Pros
Enjoyable to work for
Cons
Restructuring and eliminating jobs in the Omaha area
The workplace culture
Director - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2017
The organization is going through a global restructuring which has not been handled very well for those impacted. From a family-run company and not owned by a company in China, times have changed significantly.
Good company lots of office politics
RFP sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2017
My biggest issue here was office politics, I had to work with a very difficult person day in and day out and their actions were never disciplined, I was talked down to daily and not allowed to offer my input which is legitimately part of the job I did there.
Professional and Productive
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2017
Daily calls for reservations for the hotels we had world wide.
Learned a lot of skills for other countries over the phone.
The work place was always full of people typing for reservations or for customer service and call complaints.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Expensive company kitchen
Challenging, Productive and Supportive Work Environment
Commercial Services Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2017
Carlson Rezidor has it all! I worked for their company for over 13 years. The employees were fun and energetic, it has a healthy work environment and the benefits didn't just include healthcare and retirement plans. Working for Carlson offered a wealth of opportunity in business and in the community. Carlson made it enjoyable to go to work everyday and had you leaving with the feeling that your ideas and contributions made a difference.
Easy place to work, with a lot of schedule flexibility
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2017
Pay isn't great but the flexibility is wonderful. Nice place to work with overall good benefits. Great management and nice supervisors.
You have great opportunities to gain hotel points for free stays.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  NebraskaMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work. Making reservation for guest. Up-selling rooms. Updating and cancelling rooms. Enrolling guest into company loyalty programs. The enjoyable part of working here is, the company activities they have for us when they are acknowledging employees. I also like co-workers I work with. My supervisor is a good one, she is very understanding. I have learned a lot about different stats and city. As well a more about hotel industry.
there is always an opportunity for overtime
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 17, 2017
This work place was more of a slower pace than the other jobs i have worked. We took phone calls from customers looking to book hotel rooms. with the help of management it made the job easier and more comfortable. i enjoyed interacting with customers.
Fun and Fast Paced enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2015
supportive staff life long relationships were made during my employment with this company thanks for the opportunity