Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews

work place
Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Al-WusṭaMay 19, 2018
i learned here how to work underpressure..creative ideas place i would be a part of team meber for a long time. since i joine this group i am enjoying with my experience ..
Productive , Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2018
I loved it, but as a young adult I realized that the career path at Carlson wasn't my passion or leading me towards my passion which is child education.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Shift
management is awful
kitchen (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2018
I've been working here for over a year and have showed what I can do and know I deserve a promotion. The past month multiple people have been given a promotion, some working there not as long as I have. the management is super poor, there is zero communication at all and all of the employees in my department are super unhappy thanks to the manager of said department. it's a stressful job where the schedule is never the same and the boss is unprofessional towards his employees. not to mention our department is super under staffed and everyone is quitting because of what is going on. I would love this job more if these things were addressed, otherwise i love my coworkers! they make the job fun.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management, job advancement
The Directors and Supervisors were great to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
The buyout by HNA of China was not a positive experience for those long term employees who were laid off by the new owners. Gold points that can be redeemed for hotel stays are given out to those employees who have done a great job.
Pros
NIce break rooms, fitness center, .
Busy and productive.
Sr. Dir Global Reservations and Customers Care (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2017
I enjoy my time here and like the people I work with . It has provided global experience which is important to me and I welcome the challenges of international business.
Company Changes and Growth
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 13, 2017
The company structure and management has changed dramatically. I foresee many more changes which will allow the company to continue to grow and thrive for many more years to come.
Workplace Culture
Sales and Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 5, 2017
Carlson is a great place to work. They offer great advancement opportunities and good benefits. The management group are very approachable with a open door policy. We provide discount to our employees for hotel stays.
Pros
the employees, benefits and opportunities
Good enviroment
Sales and Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2017
Family enviroment. Great management. Good support. Offer a good deal of flexability with schedules. Good benefits. A good deal of teamwork and group involvement in process development and improvement.
Pros
Enjoyable to work for
Cons
Restructuring and eliminating jobs in the Omaha area
The workplace culture
Director - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2017
The organization is going through a global restructuring which has not been handled very well for those impacted. From a family-run company and not owned by a company in China, times have changed significantly.
Good company lots of office politics
RFP sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2017
My biggest issue here was office politics, I had to work with a very difficult person day in and day out and their actions were never disciplined, I was talked down to daily and not allowed to offer my input which is legitimately part of the job I did there.
Professional and Productive
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2017
Daily calls for reservations for the hotels we had world wide.
Learned a lot of skills for other countries over the phone.
The work place was always full of people typing for reservations or for customer service and call complaints.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Expensive company kitchen
Challenging, Productive and Supportive Work Environment
Commercial Services Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2017
Carlson Rezidor has it all! I worked for their company for over 13 years. The employees were fun and energetic, it has a healthy work environment and the benefits didn't just include healthcare and retirement plans. Working for Carlson offered a wealth of opportunity in business and in the community. Carlson made it enjoyable to go to work everyday and had you leaving with the feeling that your ideas and contributions made a difference.
Easy place to work, with a lot of schedule flexibility
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2017
Pay isn't great but the flexibility is wonderful. Nice place to work with overall good benefits. Great management and nice supervisors.
You have great opportunities to gain hotel points for free stays.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  NebraskaMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work. Making reservation for guest. Up-selling rooms. Updating and cancelling rooms. Enrolling guest into company loyalty programs. The enjoyable part of working here is, the company activities they have for us when they are acknowledging employees. I also like co-workers I work with. My supervisor is a good one, she is very understanding. I have learned a lot about different stats and city. As well a more about hotel industry.
there is always an opportunity for overtime
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 17, 2017
This work place was more of a slower pace than the other jobs i have worked. We took phone calls from customers looking to book hotel rooms. with the help of management it made the job easier and more comfortable. i enjoyed interacting with customers.
Fun and Fast Paced enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 31, 2015
supportive staff life long relationships were made during my employment with this company thanks for the opportunity
It's ok.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2015
I did kind of liked this job, but there is absolutely no room for advancement when you're in sales. When a better job comes open, the interview process for someone within the company is a waste of time. They pretty much only hire from outside. The pay for sales is not good (under $10/h), and the healthcare is expensive. Vision and Dental are pretty good, though. Co-workers are nice, but keep to themselves mostly. It's a good job if you're a student, but not for someone looking for a career.
Pros
Free gym and shower room, nice team leads
Cons
Pay, no room for advancement, benefits aren't very good.
DO NOT work at Rad Blu Philadelphia
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Radisson Blu PhiladelphiaOctober 19, 2014
This place has the worst reputation which is well deserved. Employees treated poorly and as if problems with property are owned by them and not the result of absentee Executive Team. Worst HR department for activities there is no unity and attempts are fake, forced and uncomfortable. Food in cafeteria is disgusting. Overworked and under appreciated mo matter what position. Carlson team are schmucks who lack professionalism and reward other no talent schmucks that will laugh at their inappropriate jokes and feed their egos. You will be thrown in with little to no guidance and then counseled and threatened with write ups if things are not done properly. By far the most poorly managed hotel. New owners more concerned about paying for renovations then paying their skeleton crew staff who do the work of two positions in a normal hotel for less pay. Hotel has bed bugs and vermin issues, frayed towels, holes and stained sheets. Housekeepers treated like slaves.
Pros
Benefit plan
Cons
Poorly managed. Owners do not care.
Very educational about the different regions.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 9, 2014
enjoyed the different visit with other countries& the 1 on 1 contact with the travel agents &hotel's.
Pros
nice showcases
Cons
healthcare, scheduling
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2014
This position required booking hotel reservations for hotel guests. I learned to upsell different products, to pay attention to detail and meet customer needs. I worked with many different systems and confidential information to complete customer transactions. The hardest part of this position was scheduling around my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of this position was the working environment and the service I provided to customers on a daily.
Pros
Catered Lunches, Incentives, Discounts
Cons
Scheuling Conflicts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisson Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.