Radisson Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 894 reviews matching the search See all 1,164 reviews
Poor upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYApril 17, 2019
This property is only a Radisson in name. The company that owns them could care less about it's managers. There is no HR on property, no gm on property and the pay is poor.
Pros
Beautiful view of the Niagara River
Cons
Way to many to list
a day of workn at the raddisson
Utility (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2019
First I had to clean entire dishroom and kitchen then wash and sanitize all pots and pans clean walk-in freezer then break down dish machine and clean it then wash dishes and maintain cleanliness of dishroom and kitchen and then I would begin to sort all silver ware and plates and put away all clean items
Long work day poor compensation
Junior Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 12, 2019
The hospitality industry is taxing in its very nature, but the poor management, lack of acknowledgement and compensation towards the staff has led to a large turn over rate and general atmosphere of discontentment in the Lackawanna radisson. The department managers also express their exasperation with the upper level management and owners of the hotel.
Cons
Poor health care, schedules structured to minimize overtime, pay automatically deducted for lunch breaks regardless if they are taken, non existent employee appreciation
okay working experence
Front desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 10, 2019
i answered phones, scheduled reservations, filled customer information. The management was very welcoming and willing to teach the job as long as i needed even though i caught on fast.
Sales Assistant Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 8, 2019
Was a good place to learn more about sales and hospitality. Employees were very friendly and helpful and most of the promotions were within. Would work for radisson anytime in the future again. Great culture there as well.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
CEO wasn’t toó friendly
very stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 6, 2019
As an employee for this company, everything started out good, then as the season changed it started getting stressful, as the manager as well as the supervisor would expect you to do alot more than any one should. If you had a family emergency or sick they would let you take the day off before calling you and bothering you about coming in, using the same excuse like "we are very busy, we need you!" With no care about your physical or mental well-being.
Bad management. Bad security.
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 4, 2019
Do not work here. I had a very bad manager once when I was working with him. He told me that if screwed up He would see to it that i could not find work any work in the area. Very unprofessional. I all so had some personal property stolen from the employee locker room. There cameras every where in the hotel. But no one ever checked them. To see who had taken them. All in all. I had the worst boss ever. Do not work here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor management. Poor security.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 30, 2019
I has an interview and the same day got hired. I love working at the Radisson. The environment and staff are absolutely amazing and great atmosphere. rate it 1out of 10 it's a 10
Pros
Free lunch, 2 15 min breaks and a 30min one
enjoyed working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2019
Always busy, liked to take care of customers, Was inside of the casino 24 hours Managment changed alot but nice. Had to work weekends and nights also holidays
Pros
meet new people
Cons
24 hours open
I was hired as an interim General Manager pending the sale of the property.
General Manager Radisson Princeton Hotel (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 24, 2019
I was hired on an interim basis, to manage the property and maintain it in excellent condition, as perspective buyers arrived, toured the property and made their assessments. It was to be a short interval but actually eclipsed a period of over two and a half years.
The property was a bright and positive operation with a quality staff and a fair food operation. I enjoyed my position and my reporting superior.
Pros
Excellent property in a quality location, excellent reporting senior.
Cons
Emergency fire system was not renovated and failed during a very busy period.
enjoyed the hotel
Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 19, 2019
I had terrible managers and the work environment was treated as if high school it was very childish to a certain extent. their employee turn over rate is outstanding and not in a good way......and these people aren't the ones that get fired...
Becomes tedious
Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2019
Personally I love the people I work with so much and how we all get along, some days are of course better than others but that doesn't always compensate for all the work that is expected to be done at a minimum salary. Once you learn the basics it gets a little tedious or tiresome, returning guests are always nice to see but other guests are not always as friendly and can become challenging to deal with. Lots and lots of creative problem solving for this job as well as cross training in other departments in order to help each other out.
Pros
Hotel and travel discounts, health care
Cons
not many break opportunities, high turnover
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 16, 2019
Management is poor at best. Employees are discriminated against for personal reasons. Not very professional, or ethical. Some might even say, illegal.

Workplace is equivalent to day-care, from management down to hourly employees.

I'll check back on this review, because I'm sure it will mysteriously disappear.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Because of management
old hotel with a lot of high hopes and progress being made to make it the best in the area.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 14, 2019
maintenance repairs throughout the day. Many trades to learn the basics about. management is always thinking big. everyone is nice and friendly but grouped up mostly by departments. No hard parts about the job. The most enjoyable part was the co workers.
Pros
free lunches, breaks, benefits
Cons
no vision or 401k
Major opportunity for management.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2019
The Radisson hotels and resorts has allowed me to expand my knowledge for the food and beverage industry and gave me the opportunity to grow in the company and become part of the management tea.
Radisson hotel
housekeeper/room attendant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 5, 2019
At first it was a good place to work but management changed and so did peoples attitudes. There was no more teamwork and cleanliness of rooms went way down,
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
insurance
A great start
Engineer/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2019
A great place to get some technical training and try and fit in with a new team. I would advice taking work-place socialization as a non-priority, and sticking to doing your job professionally.
Beware of the slavery nightmare!
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia NortheastFebruary 27, 2019
Horrible Company! Behind in all bills so will NOT pay OT. GM, is new last one lasted less then a week. FOM never last two weeks. This place is a joke.
Pros
Get hired quick.
Divertido
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Bien super bien ,,buena empresa ,todos buen trato,,siempre atentos y servicial,,muchas culturas
Pros
Masshealth
Cons
Si
Not the worst job ever.
Maintenance Engineer/Security (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Daily workload would change constantly. One never really knew what to expect in a typical work week. I learned quite a lot of odds and ends pertaining to hotel maintenance.
Pros
Room
Cons
Room