Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews

The BEST EMPLOYER and Childrens Hospital in the USA
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2018
Rady Children's really cares as an employer and as a medical facility for the children of San Diego. They go above and beyond for their employees and they provide the most excellent care for the children and the families that they serve. There is an excellent benefits package they are union for their nurses and their tax the food there is great for the patients and in the cafeteria Ronald McDonald House has a gym that is available to work out for employees there's a coffee cart with Starbucks beautiful there's plenty of parking the leadership over backwards to help you with your work-life balance the only negative I have to say is that the human resources department is very not transparent and can be deceptive not as for right or truthful as the rest of the honorable leadership at Rady
Pros
The leadership really cares about the employees and works hard 4 them
Cons
The human resources department lies and hides things and goes behind the employees backs
Rady Childrens is a wonderful place to work!
Manager - Information Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
Rady Childrens is a great hospital system. We are small but mighty and have an unrelenting focus on taking care of our communities children. It is a pleasure to work here. It is not perfect but the culture and mission are pretty spot on!
Pros
Culture, the Mission
Cons
Limited advancement potential
Resume builder
Developmental services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2018
Use Rady's as a resume builder. It has a good reputation in the community for client care but be clear that it is at a cost for employees. Most staff are committed and stay because they are looking to serve children and families in meaningful ways. Management looks for mistakes and will tear your work apart to "keep you in your place". Productivity not client care were the focus.
It has high turnover and I've seen many employees eventually leave demoralized. If you're looking for growth and inspiration look somewhere else. If you can do your time and have a stiff upper lip, this could be a temporary good fit.
Pros
Commitment to children
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations, demeaning work culture
A truly great place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (RTII) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2018
This hospital is a truly great place to work. Workloads are fair and not too busy. There are areas to advance you career. Management is supportive of your needs.
Shady Rady's
Clinical RN (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 24, 2018
Rady's promotes only the management favorites and uses numerous travelers to fill their staffing holes. These travelers also get preferred day shifts instead of moving up core staff. The union is useless in protecting employees against management. The culture is if you screw up; too bad for you. You will be punished as we see fit.
Decent company
Reimbursement Specialist I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
I have been with Rady's for two years and twice i have been promised to advance with in a dept and then i was denied after going through an interview more than once at times. You don't get vacation time you gain PTO hours that you will need to use for holidays and vacations. The 401B plan they have for retirement has a 3% match and that's it is.
Pros
Able to work from home depending on dept
Cons
advancement is hard, management is always leaving, training needs a lot of help
It was great helping children get better
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123December 8, 2018
Fast paced working taking care of children. Days could be stressful and demanding. Pay was too low to continue working for them. Cost of living was too high for me to continue working there.
Pros
Helping children is a great feeling
Cons
Pay and benefits were too low
Wonderful culture
Manager - Information Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
Rady Children's is a special place to work. The mission drives activities across the board. I came from a different health system and while they did good work in the community the internal culture was filled with acrimony and strife. Rady has embraced the mission heart and soul, and the people who work here treat the patients and each other with respect.
Pros
Culture and Mission
Cons
none to speak of...
Fantastic pediatric primary care in San Diego!
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Non-intimidating work environment that stressed the importance of delivering quality of care to its pediatric community. Definitely fast-paced, no mercy environment when dealing with kids. Patience is key! Roughly 30 patients per doctor sick/well. Vaccine administration is a skill that is heavily instituted. Be expected to deliver 5+ shots on infants and teenagers. It is worthy challenge that takes time. It is quite easy to feel burn-out. Great organization to build work rapport, experience, and confidence if your a new grad or someone with no medical experience. Considered the first rung of my career ladder.
Pros
Kids that will make you smile and laugh
Cons
Decent pay but not competitive
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2018
Rady Children's Hospital was definitely a rewarding experience. I got a chance to communicate with families and help their visit be as comfortable as possible.
Pros
Talking with families
Cons
Hard to get benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2018
Working at Rady's has been an honor until my very last year. Change of management and felt like our voices were no longer heard. Unfortunately had to look for another job but would love to be able to go back to continue to utilize my skills and make a difference in a such a great hospital.
Pros
Helping Families
Cons
busy, busy, busy
Nice place to learn
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2018
You can learn a lot of things in the hospital in you know the right people, obviously you are going to learn what you applied for. For my specific department I felt that my manager would choose people she likes over experience. The culture is not very healthy a lot of gossiping.
Pros
Help to save lives
Cons
Poor workplace culture
Staff is wonderful
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
Staff is wonderful. Place has a great reputation. Hard to get a job there, but once you do, they will keep you for a long time if you are willing to work.
Pros
great management
Cons
pay and retirement not that great
Work life/Balance
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Radys what I didn't like was that their was no work life balance and the pay was not fair amongst employees doing the same job. I wish HR would get more involved in the culture at Radys revenue cycle and see how un happy most employees are that work in PFS.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay, work/life balance, politics in the work place
Mission driven with kind, caring employees
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2018
The people at Rady Children's are what really make this an enjoyable place of work. Most individuals truly believe in the mission and are there to help the children. My only complain would be that the budget does not always get distributed to the areas in need. The laboratory equipment that supports the entire hospital is sadly outdated.
fun staff members
RN Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2018
very old school. terrible scheduling. culture proactive to keeping patients happy but not necessarily doing what was best for them. Poor triage system, many notable errors and was brought to managements attention with not proactive change. Really nice nurses and doctors.
Pros
Always get breaks
really enjoyed working with a great team but poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CAMarch 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Rady's, i had a wonderful team that made going to work enjoyable. But management was not structured and annually they only increased my salary 60 cents and this was with an great annual review. I was discouraged so I ended up leaving.
Productive work place
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2018
Management lacks communication. Workqueues are over loaded and always low on staff. Work load was normal. A lot of turn around though and gives no job security for temps.
Long hours very stressful job
Pediatric and Fetal Echo Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
Long hours very stressful job. Lots of call hours. Difficult to get time off. More studies than the ASE recommends a day. No relief person for breaks or lunch.
Awesome Place To Work
Patient Access Rep III Central Access Department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
Radys Hospital is an awesome place to work. I wish I still lived in the SD area. I relocated so I had to find another job closer to my home. I loved working with kids its a very good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego.

Powered by Comparably