Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego
69Average

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews

United States251 reviews
Loved working here best part was knowing my job mafa difference in a children's health and there family. Coworkers were great and helpful when needed. Pay rate is okay but could be better.
I worked here for 3 years and housekeeping, they pay is okay for the job you are doing but management sucks, they treat you like a little kid that can’t be trusted with anything, and the people are toxic to work with.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The managers and workers
Union ran, and overall great place to work. I would recommend this as future choice in career option!
Management is supportive, and you have room for pay raise and to grow in your field. Educational grants given and career growth is encouraged.
I worked as a contract employee and it was a fair and nice place to work. There was a great management team and most of the employees were very nice and welcoming.
I loved my job. Good company to work with. There friendly and very professional. Always try to accommodate you in what you need. It doesn’t make you feel like your going to work.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
99% of the staff are great compassionate, skilled clinicians. The 1% that are not are bullies and they feel entitled to do as they please without ramifications. HR and senior leadership do not support front line managers.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Senior management
Rady Children's Hospital was a great place to work. Flexible work schedules. Lots of kind customers and helpful work environment. I enjoyed my time with this company.
Many of the nurses I shadowed complained about the salary/employee benefits. The facility is also very run down, and nurses do not have the opportunity to exercise much autonomy
Good company to start your career and gain experience. The hardest part of the job was trying to make everyone happy. Some patients only wanted to see a specific doctor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients and doctors.
Productivity unrealistic put on employess
Grants run out and employee lose there jobs

Over worked employees

Managers have there prefered employee

No job security

Pay raises are a joke
Pros
Work indepandant
Cons
Too many case loads
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego?
RCHSD does wonders for their patients, yet treats staff horribly. High turnover. Punitive management style. Very corporate and overly focused on making money for the hospital. Physicians request many unnecessary tests to pad patients’ bills. Questionable motives. Highly stressful.
Working for Rady's Choc MSO dept is the very best job I have ever had in my life . The team is like family and hard working, the Manager, Supervisors and Director are very supportive and always for their employees.
I did my practicum here. The paperwork is no joke as it is county paperwork. I absolutely loved the supervisors and at the team atmosphere. I learned so much while I was there.
This place definitely has an opportunity for growth in the company. Will reimburse for going to school.Coworkers are like a second family. The hardest part about the job was not being able to help sick children.
I completed a nursing externship here. The RNs I worked with were very caring and supportive. They were helpful with my questions. The nurses educated me on caring for children in each of their respective units.
My typical day at work is always busy but thru Team work we always manage to pull thru. The company always provide as trainings and in-service to update and enhance our capabilities so we can provide quality services. Upper management is always cater to their employee needs I just hope that our immediate supervisors are the same. The company has a very diverse employees which helped me learn of different cultures and traditions. The hardest part of the job is when a co-employee doesn't show up for work and you have to do twice as much but on the other hand it becomes satisfying when you manage to pull thru at the end of the day and you know you did a job well done.
Rady's offered a hands on intern experience by being able to shadow a doctor while being in the room with patients and engaging in exams. The providers were very helpful and offered a lot of knowledge and help.
Awesome experience and would definitely love to work for them again, if the opportunity comes up. Recomend Rady Childrens Hospital to anyone that is responsible and is loking for a great place of work
Rady's provides lots of training and highly qualified employees. Upper management makes it challenging to feel secure. There is a culture of shame there what is hard to overcome.
There’s is always work . Flexible hours since it is open 24/7. A lot of great people surrounding you. Everyone else encourages you to further your education or applaud you for your great work that you have accomplished. Great work environment overall. Great customer service experience.
Very friendly staff. Great work environment. Lower stress job. I learned a lot. Staff are overall very happy and satisfied with their work. I would work here again.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.