Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent group to work with
PICU RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2018
Teams work well together in the organization.
My direct manager is fantastic; she's approachable, fair and knowledgable.
I've had opportunities in leadership and learning different techniques at the bedside
Nice place to learn
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2018
You can learn a lot of things in the hospital in you know the right people, obviously you are going to learn what you applied for. For my specific department I felt that my manager would choose people she likes over experience. The culture is not very healthy a lot of gossiping.
Pros
Help to save lives
Cons
Poor workplace culture
Maintain medical recrds
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 24, 2018
The ability to maintain records and focus on the family needs of the children. Maintain good relationship with the physicians.
The relationship with the staff was warm and professional.
Pros
My child was also pt
Shady Rady's
Clinical RN (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 24, 2018
Rady's promotes only the management favorites and uses numerous travelers to fill their staffing holes. These travelers also get preferred day shifts instead of moving up core staff. The union is useless in protecting employees against management. The culture is if you screw up; too bad for you. You will be punished as we see fit.
Long hours very stressful job
Pediatric and Fetal Echo Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
Long hours very stressful job. Lots of call hours. Difficult to get time off. More studies than the ASE recommends a day. No relief person for breaks or lunch.
great place to work!
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Childern's is a great place to work. Tons of opportunity for advancing your nursing career and learning new technologies. Caring for childern in need is always a blessing
Resume builder
Developmental services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2018
Use Rady's as a resume builder. It has a good reputation in the community for client care but be clear that it is at a cost for employees. Most staff are committed and stay because they are looking to serve children and families in meaningful ways. Management looks for mistakes and will tear your work apart to "keep you in your place". Productivity not client care were the focus.
It has high turnover and I've seen many employees eventually leave demoralized. If you're looking for growth and inspiration look somewhere else. If you can do your time and have a stiff upper lip, this could be a temporary good fit.
Pros
Commitment to children
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations, demeaning work culture
job
Clinical Informaticist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2018
Working for the children was exceptional. No doubt this was a fantastic experience was will ever be in my mind and soul. This was one of the best jobs.
Stressful and poor training
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
Productivity is very important at the expense of patient care. Scheduling patients is poor due to lack of training and schedules suffer. Management cares about numbers and equipment is old and falling apart.
Favoritism
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Working in same dept for more than 8 years, Ive witnessed a high turnover in admin staff, surgeons supervisors and directors. That's quite a lot. Not sure what seems to be the problem exactly, but we lost a lot of good, caring hard working people. Now that new leadership has come and is trying to make all these changes, more of the original staff still present are on the way out. Some not by choice!! It's a really sad situation that makes you think that Radys has no loyalty to original dedicated staff who have been here for over 20 years , ones who have stuck it out and worked so so hard day and night 24/7.
My job was fullfilling, I got to help a lot of families. I enjoyed working here but there was no growth and when I witnessed how badly others were treated after working here for more than 20 years, even 5 years. Moral was low, especially after new leadership came in here trying to change everything discreetly and not utilizing present staff that is more than capable or even trying to get to know present staff. Couldnt even remember my name after 6 mos... what does that tell you? ...it's a shame
Pros
Helping children of community and beyond
Cons
No growth
Very rewarding place to work
Patience Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Rady's Children Hospital. Was a very busy department and got along great with co-workers. Had to relocate due to my husbands health. Very rewarding.
Working here will have a positive impact on your life
Director, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2018
What a privilege it was to have worked at a world class pediatric healthcare facility! Outstanding surgeons, anesthesiologists and staff whose sole focus is caring for kids and their families. The entire organization is geared to providing safe and compassionate patient care.
Pros
centrally located
Cons
parking can be a challenge at peak times
Flexibility
Media Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2018
The flexibility of taking time off is good. I got a lot of experience in my department. The hardest part of the job is the expectation of not making errors. I am a person that has large volume of work averaging around 3,000.00 referrals a month. If i make 1 mistake I get coached on my error.
Cons
Poor management. Expectations are very high. Expected to have a 0 amount of errors.
Wonderful
Surgical Technologist (FT) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2018
Managment and staff were very nice, always there to help. I would highly recommend working here to anyone who wants to enjoy coming to work everyday!!
Decent company
Reimbursement Specialist I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
I have been with Rady's for two years and twice i have been promised to advance with in a dept and then i was denied after going through an interview more than once at times. You don't get vacation time you gain PTO hours that you will need to use for holidays and vacations. The 401B plan they have for retirement has a 3% match and that's it is.
Pros
Able to work from home depending on dept
Cons
advancement is hard, management is always leaving, training needs a lot of help
rt review
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
nice place to work. with good benefits. good work atmosphere with very good working conditions. enjoyed the commerodery between fellow coworkers with a good balance between work and time off.
Productive work place
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2018
Management lacks communication. Workqueues are over loaded and always low on staff. Work load was normal. A lot of turn around though and gives no job security for temps.
Developmental services
Development Services Aide/Research Admin (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 3, 2018
I was so excited to be part of Rady childrens hospital. However, I started in a non-profit developmental services department. There is no room for growth. I tried to transfer out of the department, but the opportunity at the time was slim to non. I'm sure I would have enjoyed my career working in another department. I've heard amazing reviews from other employees.
CCU (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2018
Rady Children's Hospital is a great place to take your children if they are in need of health care services. The doctors and staff are caring and knowledgeable and put the care of the patients and family members first. No child is ever turned away here at Rady Children's Hospital.
Worked nights
Surgical Technologist I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2018
Working at Children’s Hospital was very tough because I work night shift. I didn’t get a proof for my job as well as if I work dayshift because of the caseload that we had, would like to be back working days along with my schedule cases.
Pros
Nice surgeons
Cons
Expensive benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego Reviews by Location