RagingWire Data Centers Employee Reviews

Great upwards mobility and growth potential!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 6, 2018
RagingWire is at such an exciting time right now, and I am thrilled to be apart of it. We're growing immensely, things are shifting, and things are changing! However, all this growth is moving in a positive direction!

With growth comes flexibility and reorganizing, and it takes a special person to thrive in that kind of environment! I'm grateful for my direct manager and the executive-level management in making my time here seamless and positive!
Pros
Great benefits, company-wide events, and competitive salary.
No good for New Construction
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 5, 2018
This Company is no good for new construction. There management of construction site needed serious help in planning and there communication methods had holes
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your comment. Every review is looked at and given heavy thought. As you know, our core construction group (trades) was outsourced to a National vendor helping grow our core business, colocation.

This was painful process that it now complete allowing a strong direction for all our employees. We wish you the very best in your employment search and thank you for contributing as a skilled Electrician.

Thank you!

Great company culture!
Mechanical/Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Composed of very smart and friendly employees that help you get the most out of your job! They are a leading edge firm that is expanding at a rapid rate, with highly competent upper management.
April 5, 2018

Thank you! We think so too!! We have still a lot to do as we build out our North American build! Fasten your seat belt it’s going to be a fun and wild ride…..

Good ole boy mentality
It (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 3, 2018
Don't waste your time. I worked there for 3 years and all I got was micromanaging, unsupportive and back stabbing upper management. Don't trust anything they say.
Cons
Micromanaging
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your comment. We regret that the last three years was unsupportive form your point of view. Three years is a long time for anyone. The good news we are creating Employee Resource Groups (ERG's), monthly department meetings and Quarterly Town Halls with our Executive team for continued communication and transparency across the board.

Thank for all your efforts and feedback. We do wish you the very best.

RagingWire
MATERIAL EXPEDITER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2017
When I work at Ragingwire I set the company up with an inventory management system . They did no have any inventory or stock management. I set up a program that worked for all the workers when requesting material. I was also in charge of tool and safety repairs. I was also in charge of the forklift safety repairs when needed . When I was there I came up with a budget report for client projects to buy materials.
April 5, 2018

Thank you for helping building a tool and contributing to our growth. Sounds like you have moved on and we wish you truly the best on your next career challenge!

Unorganized and reactive work environment
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICAL & DATA CENTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2017
High turn around rate with employees mainly due to low pay and little room for advancement. The workload was decent but was managed poorly and result, production and morale declined.
April 5, 2018

This was painful process that it now complete allowing a strong direction for all our employees. We wish you the very best in your employment search and thank you for contributing as a skilled Journeyman Electrician.

Thank you!

Fast paced environment with critical facilities operations
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 7, 2017
RagingWire is a fast paced data center environment with many different positions available within the organization. Working in the construction group required a wide range of knowledge with solid problem solving abilities
Pros
Continous work
Cons
not much chance for promotion
April 5, 2018

Thank you for your comment. As you know, our core construction group (trades) was outsourced to a National vendor helping grow our core business, colocation.

This was painful process that it now complete allowing a strong direction for all our employees. We wish you the very best in your employment search and thank you for contributing at a very high level. Thank you!

A good company
DATA center (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 4, 2017
The company is a good company, I wouldn't mind to recommended for anyone. Most of the people here are friendly. The benefits here isn't that bad, I guess i just need time to grow.
April 6, 2018

Thank you! Yes, please continue to grow with us....Lots of new employee programs, Training and benefits coming as we grow. Thank you for all you do!

Good company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2017
Overall the Ragin Wire company is good place to work for, but in some areas a workplace culture needs improvement or adjustments. Supervisors need to be more involved in culture building.
good benefits
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 14, 2017
They have a lot of good employees. The management has changed from in-sourcing construction to outsourcing. Learned a lot about data centers and how the are engineered.
I love working here
Operations (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 28, 2017
I really enjoy my work and the people I work with. There is good training, benefits and team work. I really think this is an up and coming company. From the CEO down, good business. Very safe place to work. I am really proud to take care of the critical infrastructure for our customers.
Pros
College level training, they really invest in me.
Great office atmosphere
Sr Material Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 19, 2017
The hours were great and i loved my supervisors, this was truly the best job i ever had, unfortunately they decided to outsource the work and everybody was laid off, they had good benefits and good pay. This was the best group of people i ever worked with.
Interesting - good people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
I found the job/industry very interesting - always learning something new. The people are great, mostly very helpful and caring for each other. Decent benefits and work environment.
April 5, 2018

Thank you for your comment. Sorry to see you go! We have come a long way since your departure and still going.....we wish you the best and do give us a call to talk about any additional roles you may be interested in.....Thank you!

Generally a very positive work experience
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2017
Company was involved in an interesting project building a data center. My typical days were busy and fast-paced, and sometimes stressful. The management was, in general, fair and knowledgeable and I was comfortable working for them. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes there was a delay in getting answers as to what the company wanted.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime
Beware All Ye Who Enter Here
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work involves ridiculous levels of micromanagement, listening to people chatting about what they wear to bed, commentary about how the interviewee of the day smells, and various inappropriate "jokes" being told over cubicle walls.

I learned to pay more attention to workplace reviews at places other than Glassdoor and that there is a reason this company's recruiters have to reach out to people versus potential employees coming to them.

Management... Just an insiders' culture of old boys stepping on each other to get ahead. Really outdated ways of viewing things important to the employee such as work/life balance.

Workplace culture was backstabbing, rumor mills and gossip. Some people were in serious survival mode - a toxic environment.

The hardest part of the job was trying to stick it out and see if it got any better when top level management changed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing when enough was enough and getting the heck out of dodge.

I don't typically post reviews but there is enough shady stuff going on here that it is important for others to be aware of what they are walking into. I suspect if things do not turn around soon (which would require a complete overhaul STARTING just below the top), the RDC house of cards is going to fall over.
Pros
You will learn what to avoid in future employment.
Cons
Too many to list.
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your comment. I do hope all who read your comment actually go to Glassdoor and read all the comments. We actually have a high grade point average on reviews for current and past employees. We take pride in each others work, company culture and the ability to be agile to grow a scaling colocation business.

We regret your negative experience and wish you the best in your employment search.

The NOC can be fast paced and is full of responsibility
NOC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2017
Process many different types of customer support requests to facilitate daily operations of the Network Operations Center. This includes client co-location needs for Hands and Eyes requests in maintaining their systems and network operations 24 / 7, as well as desktop support for all in-house corporate employees. In addition, manage event monitoring tools and ticket queue to resolve tickets within SLA parameters. This periodically requires initial investigation and/or troubleshooting and also initiating escalation procedures as required.
April 5, 2018

We love our Network Operations Center (NOC) !!!!! A group that works hard and long!! Thank you for all you do each day. Every employee values all you do...Keep up the great work!

Lies lies lies
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 1, 2017
Untrustworthy say one thing then don't give you the truth wouldn't recommend this company at all... if your looking for a career or somewhere to stay and grow look somewhere else...
April 6, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We regret your negative experience. RagingWire prides itself complete transparently with direct employee feedback, monthly department meetings and executive town hall meetings with all employees Coast to Coast.

Again, thank you for your efforts while here at RagingWire as we truly wish you the best.

Untrustworthy
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 26, 2017
If you are looking for long term growth, this is not the place. Management lies and will never give you the full story behind what is going on. Look somewhere else.

Decent
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 19, 2017
Bad Management but very enjoyable work atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was was waking up in the morning. Once at work it was easy for the rest of the day.
April 5, 2018

We wish you the very best in your employment search and thank you for contributing as a skilled Apprentice. Thank you!

Productive workplace Safe anviroment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2017
Excellent Company with great benefits Good people and realy good management The hardest part of the job finish the job before the grand opening . The most enjoyable parts of the job the working crew
Pros
No safety violation free lunch
Cons
The leaders take care about the workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RagingWire Data Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

RagingWire Data Centers Reviews by Location