RailWorks Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  MIJanuary 20, 2019
An amazing team full of fun and hardworking men who will excel you! Just be prepared for the harsh weather in the winter. Very manual job so be prepared to sweat and keep moving with the rest of the crew.
Pros
Great team and managment!
Cons
Weather conditions and lay offs.
Excellent company
Director Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Very much enjoyed my time at RailWorks. gave me the opportunity to grow and learn new software as well as create and problem solve their specific payroll needs to match their union requirements
Pros
flex time
Cons
Benefits
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXDecember 19, 2018
Great Benefits for time off with this company. Supervisor is great to work for. She is very helpful when I have issues with getting discrepancies resolved.
Great job
Railroad Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNDecember 18, 2018
I loved this job very much. It was very fast paced and kept you busy all the time. The pay was so amazing. I would absolutely love to work for this company again.
Pros
Amazing pay
Cons
No breaks
Overall a great experience
Railroad Laborer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 27, 2018
Was a great expierence, but once i had children it was hard to work over the road. We would be gine up to a month or so at a time. I Enjoyed working with the other crew members.
Pros
Got to travel the United States
Cons
Gone for long periods of time
wouldnt recommend it as a place for employment
Welder Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIOctober 24, 2018
I haven’t worked there in awhile and I don’t know there current management situation or the current workin conditions, but when I was employed with them with was less than a pleasant experience
Excellent
Spike Driver (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 17, 2018
Management is excellent. They are all in competition, many of the positions open to possibility.great job to work. All in a day's work. Good way to keep fit.
N/a
Equipment Operator/Mechanic- July2017to (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEOctober 4, 2018
they tried to make me drive a semi truck and not pay me for the job i was hired for they would only pay me if i relocated which i told them i got hired to work on a crew not to drive a truck
material and equipment
Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 30, 2018
ordered daily and future material and rental equipment on a jobsite as needed basis. heavy daily contact with foreman and vendors. worked closely with warehouse personnel.
Safe, active, daily job descriptions were clear, and great people to work with
Track Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 20, 2018
There were great team work daily. I learned every aspect of a job that needed to be completed from the beginning to the end of each step. Management are very intelligent, helpful, all about safety, and care about their employees on and off the job. I cant say there was anything easy about doing track maintenance or new construction. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is getting use to the weather conditions. I would say that I loved working with the employees. As long as you do your job and be safe and be clear of understanding the job details( job briefings) everyone is great.
Pros
Employees, the pay, benefits, and how they will work with anyone
Cons
Hot summers, and cold winters
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 17, 2018
Relaxed.. everyone comes to work to work. No drama. Company really takes care of their employees. Management is open to talk to and listen. Learned new things and they stay teaching you new things.. advancement
Rail works
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 2, 2018
Rail works is a diverse field that utilizes construction. it invails heavy equipment. 10 - 15 hours a day and there many benefits from working from them
Traveling
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 26, 2018
Hard work for sure. Traveling and living in hotels gets old fast. Working 7 days a week does to. I loved doing railroad work always felt like I was accomplishing work a lot bigger than me.
Pros
lunch breaks every day
Cons
Traveling
Terrible Place to work
A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 19, 2018
Do not take the A/P positiin in Farmingdale. You will regret it and quit after a month. Poor Management and Coworkers. Horrible place to work. Very high turnover in A/P.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Too nuch to list
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Track Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 22, 2018
my days at work are very fast paste, i learn alot within a days worth. the management team are awesome! great company to work for. the hardest part of a job is not having extra help if needed.
Pros
: Free lunches, etc.
Cons
: Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Life On The Road
Track Builder/ Heavy Equipment Op (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30004January 14, 2018
Was very stressful. Supervisor was never around to help. The equipment was not useful. The crew was the most enjoyable. The bonus was the consent muscle building for the labor, and the different job locations.
Pros
different job locations, crew was helpful and enjoyable to work with.
Cons
bad equipment, bad weather conditions, lack of breaks, and time away from home/family
Tight Knit environment with plenty of work to keep you busy
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJDecember 26, 2017
A typical day would be estimating in the office calling subcontractors and organizing information for bids.

I learned all about the railroads, how they're made, and all the different styles in which railroads can be made.

Management was always very helpful and accommodating

Workplace culture was very friendly and helpful when its needed all the employees were very close with eachother

The hardest part of the job was learning the intricacies of the bidding process and the program used to submit bids

The most enjoyable is getting to see the projects come together after all the hard work trying to put together the best price
Terrible place to work
Railroad Laborer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2017
This job has low compensation bad hours and poor management your constantly going out of town for work and staying in bad hotels with little perdium per day.
Accountants Payable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 5, 2017
A busy company, stressful at times, a little disorganized in leadership but its a new Hub in the local area. The communication between the HUB and Corporate was lacking but again a new system and were working on all the bugs
Fast paced environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 11, 2017
Constantly on your toes and. Very safety oriented long days and sometimes staying out of town. Pays well for the hours worked some short weeks can happen depending on total time early on
Pros
Pay
Cons
Away from home alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RailWorks Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight