Rainbow Child Care Center Employee Reviews

Great Working Culture
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 24, 2018
The employees made a deliberate effort to have all departments to be involved and highly motivated for consideration for everyone. It was a great environment to come to everyday.
Family Work environment
Director/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  KYDecember 17, 2018
The staff and students became like family. This school had a great curriculum and excellent staff support. This job was lacking in work life balance. It required a considerably long work day.
Managment
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warsasw In #2December 13, 2018
This building has been open a little over a year & has gone through 4 directors, staff quits because there is NO relief when needed. Classrooms are over ratio with 1 teacher & the assistant director is okay with it.
A teacher lost her job because of lies that she kicked a pillow causing a child to fall. Only tod 1 & 3 are open there is no tod 2 & there needs to be.
This building needs a director who cares about not only the building but the staff & will listen & keep the conversation private. I used to LOVE going to work now it's just a job.
Pros
Cons
Mangament
Kids were great and some staff but management was poor
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 12, 2018
Maybe a hand full of staff worked together to get what needed to be done, done correctly. Management had favoritisms and some staff memebers walked all over other staff members.
Pros
The children
Educational but too short
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 10, 2018
Unfortunately 3 months after I was hired, the company was acquired by KinderCare and I was informed that my role would be eliminated. I worked 2 more months after that, ultimately being told I was no longer needed a month earlier than originally planned. There's not reason to write a review of Rainbow because by the end of 2019, the company will be completely absorbed by KinderCare. They are not likely to hire any new employees into Rainbow, all new hires will be KinderCare employees. The integration is beginning as early as December 2018.
sweet kids, safe environment
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, KYDecember 3, 2018
-long days because so many students crammed in one classroom with only one teacher
-lunches were sometimes cut because the teacher to replace was late
-overall a safe environment
Pros
lunches, sick days
Cons
Too many students in one classroom
Bad with children
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 26, 2018
I left this place because they are not family centered like they claim. The way the talk to and treat children is not okay. The parents have no clue. I would not have my children at this place.
management is not good
Teacher (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 20, 2018
Little support from management. They say they are in it for a safe place for kids, well, they could care less about the kids. Developmentally appropriate practice is non-existent.
No appreciation is shown for a job well done.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
management, work long hours
DO not ever come to this place!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WINovember 19, 2018
OH BOY what a fun review this will be! Where do I start, the amount of disrespect that I RECEIVED from the Regional Manager,,,wow she doesn't need to work in any job really, the pay is horrible, oh and they don't support you such as they claim. If I could give a 0, it would be there instead of a 1. I was treated in front of kids like nothing...yes! you should have been there to see it. I ran my room the best I could. Why I quit, because of the way I was treated by the directors at the time, the regional director is a REALLY BAD one. Seriously...she would claim how I was doing this and that...girl plz, check yourself first. I got my more CC experience than you...and you know it...you just won't admit it cause your a clueless director who doesn't know anything in childcare or how to actually director a center here in WI. Go back to where you came from. Let the ppl who ACTUALLY know childcare run it, NOT YOU! I miss my kids, not the center....and im glad I have that director as a supervisor anymore...man....I tell you.. No wonder why all these centers care about money only....you don't care about the kids or us as teachers...no wonder why your so bad..SMH
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Hard Work for Little Pay
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Walker, MINovember 19, 2018
You have to restock the classroom you are working in off the clock. Depending on the classroom, some of the children are not well behaved. Heavy lack of communication between Managers and Teaching staff. Holidays are paid days off. Benefits exist but are lacking in location and services provided. Required to care for children, keep classroom clean, and move rooms effectively with children. Long hour days due to the fact the company runs on a count based system. There has to be a certain number of staff per room based off of teacher to children ratios.
Pros
Very Holiday Friendly
Cons
Impossible to get bathroom breaks
Moving in a great direction!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MINovember 18, 2018
To work here successfully, you really need to embrace teamwork, be a hard worker, and really, really adore children. The families here at the Chelsea, Michigan center are very involved with their children's education and care, so communication is essential.

The company is going through some big changes; Rainbow has been bought out by Kindercare, and even though we have been told it could take a year before the transition is completed, we are beginning to see some positive changes, such as better healthcare options and educational opportunities.

We also have a new director who is not only a fun person to work with, but is also one who rolls up her sleeves and pitches in where needed, works full shifts and beyond, and most importantly, is ethical and emotionally balanced.
Pros
No weekends, hour long lunches, after 90 days you receive holiday pay for the major holidays we are closed, advancement opportunities, staff becomes family, Kindercare wil help pay for further education, the children are amazing and can make a bad day good with their smiles and laughter.
Cons
Ratio regulations means you may not punch out on time, the pay (right now) could be better, still transitioning from Rainbow to Kindercare
Reasons Not To Work for Rainbow
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 3, 2018
1. The daycare had a lead teacher who had inappropriately disciplined a child but did not lose her job. Now they have a provisional license. She should have been terminated.

2. The facility reeks of raw sewage because they are too cheap to get a plumber.

3. The director doesn't know her job and has to call others for help.

4. Double standards when it comes to days you're allowed to wear jeans...director and the receptionist wear them during the week if they feel like it.

5. When a child is crying due to being in a new and strange environment, staff is advised to not hug or comfort because the child will become clingy. Children need to feel secure!

6. The pay is very low.

7. Rainbow requires employees to pay for the $60 background check and a TB test.

8. When hired, you agree that you will not work for another (competing) daycare facility within five miles, if you do quit within a year. Ridiculous! It's not as if you would be divulging trade secrets.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
Some mean teachers who yell; Low wages, No benefits, Corporate Mindset
Not what I expected
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2018
There is too much favoritism at the facility I work at. There is a very high turn over rate. There have been 16 teachers to quit since I started at the beginning of the year.
Pros
Working with the children and most parents are a joy
Cons
Director is not a leader
Rainbow Childcare The Outstanding company
Educational Consultant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 23, 2018
Rainbow Childcare Centers provide the best care and qualified staff in the State of Michigan. The staff are professional and qualified working as team to help have the best experience in a Early Learning Environment. As a contractor, this Early Learning program is very impressive and follows developmentally appropriate practices.
Pros
The best care in the State of Michigan
Cons
No enough centers in the state more are needed.
works with school schedule and that is it,
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 16, 2018
A good place to work if you do not have any major bills. There is a low pay for employees, considering all of the work that we have to do. They do work with your schedule.
Pros
work with school schedule
Cons
long breaks. not enough hours.
Rainbow
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 7, 2018
I Feel Rainbow Child Care is a high Quality Childcare Center that offers parents a high quality care. They offer the staff great staff trainings and they give the staff opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
Benefits for Employees
Cons
Communication
Management was AWFUL
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WIOctober 4, 2018
The only thing I liked about working at Rainbow was the kids that I got to know and some of the families that I worked with. If it wasn't for the kids, I wouldn't have stayed for as long as I did. Management was awful. We were extremely short staffed, over worked, and underpaid. I was constantly thrown into rooms with kids that I didn't know well and put in situations that I didn't feel comfortable being in. This was my first child care job and I didn't receive proper training because we didn't have enough staff to have someone train me. Overall, would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Working with amazing kids and families
Cons
Short staffed, low pay, never leaving on time, long days
Not a 1 but not a 5
Lead 2 year old teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
Rainbow if equipped with the right team would be a perfect place for a teacher and child. In my time the management and team did not work well together; therefore, it added to a stressful time and I did not want to continue to work in that environment.
Pros
great curriculum
Cons
bad management
Zero Accountability
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 1, 2018
Nothing special to report on a daily basis. I learned that accountability is not a priority. Management turnover was high. Not knowing what will go wrong on a daily basis was the biggest concern.
Pros
Cons
Lack of controls and poorly designed SOP's
Employees not paid enough
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 27, 2018
Working at rainbow was very fun but employees are not paid what they are worth which is why the turn over rate is so high. The employees that stay are just very passionate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainbow Child Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight