Rainbow Child Care Center Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Rainbow Chilcare Center
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 15, 2018
My time there was short, but I loved all the people I worked with and around! My bosses were understanding whenever I was sick or could not attend work that day. The job itself was fast paced because you are working with kids all day- they love to run around and never stop moving!
Lack of communication among staff. No constant schedule
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2018
Overall working at this center was stressful, chaotic, and inconsistent. The management is inconsiderate to its employees and leaves parents in the dark about what’s going on with the center as a whole. Fellow staff members are constantly leaving their rooms and leaving co teachers out of ratio for long periods of time.
Amazing place to work!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJuly 31, 2018
Rainbow is a wonderful company to work for! I would never consider working in another center after working here and being a parent (I also bring my kids here). I’ve toured plenty of daycare centers and non of them stacked up to Rainbows environment. The managers are wonderful and extremely flexible with my schedule and the schedules of those that I work with.

I can definitely tell that a lot of reviews for rainbow on indeed are from disgruntled employees who were probably only mad because they don’t like working.
Pros
Long lunches, amazing kids and parents, supportive coworkers, flexible schedule, enjoyable environment.
Cons
A little less pay than I would like, but still manageable.
Rainbow
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2018
I was a director for a few years and enjoyed it in the beginning. Unfortunately, the company began to change drastically and focused on revenue rather than the families and staff in the centers. I had to leave due to poor corporate leadership.
Worked you to the Death and management lied to get you in trouble
Lead Teacher, Infant Room (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJuly 30, 2018
Overall I loved all the staff that I worked with at Rainbow. I loved the families and how I was initially treated when I first came on board with the company. The director at the center I worked at either loved you or she hated you. I came in there knowing I could work late 2 days a week but as a parent I needed to be able to pick up my child the other times when I couldn't stay late. I also couldn't get there before a certain time and although I continually expressed this to the director she constantly made my in time for a time knowing I would arrive late.

I enjoyed the staff I worked with directly as well as the staff I saw on a day to day basis and did my best to stay away from negativity.
Pros
hour lunches, working with children
Cons
negativity
Poor management and work environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 29, 2018
The management of this place is very poor. Not only does management overlook the care of the children in this place but they also mistreat their employees severely.
Boring and rude
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Collierville TNJuly 26, 2018
I loved all my babies employees and management down right rude and mean. Lack of communication and did not feel like they cared about me. I love the kids.
Pros
The kids
Great
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 24, 2018
I love the job it was amazing I went to the daycare as a child and I just felt like I would love to have some type of career in the child care business
Poor Support from Corporate
Assistant Director / Interim Director (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 23, 2018
I started as a teacher. My first day involved me being put in a classroom of 8 children and left to fend for myself as the other teacher returned to her room with a co-teacher. The turn over rate was through the roof, however, that is expected in this field. I loved being in the classroom and the children and parents, I did not love the Rainbow expectations. Corporate visits were a dog and pony show. We prepped for a week before to ensure everything looked like it should all the time. In my opinion corporate is more concerned about the appearance of the classroom than in the quality of the care provided and the teacher training. As an assistant director, my director failed to train me. Then a medical issue kept her out and I had a crash course in training, but minimal support from other nearby Rainbow Directors. I learned a lot on my own and found many financial mistakes my director had made.
Pros
free lunch (eat with the children)
Cons
a lot expected for little pay.
Overall Good work environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHJuly 14, 2018
It is a good place to grow as an employee and get general knowledge of the work force. However the staff is very underpaid but the price for daycare is sky high.
It depends on the day
Full Time Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
At Rainbow, you never know what you are going to get. Some days it is great, and other days you are surprised you made it out alive.The children are usually fine, management is the big problem. All chiefs and not enough Indians sort of speak.
love the kids who go there
Teachers Assistant/Floater - Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Stewartsville, NJ 08886July 10, 2018
work environment is excellent, I learned to be a little more patient with kids when they are trying to speak, trying to learn and doing new things. The most enjoyable part is being with the kids and interacting with them and making their day better.
Fun and req=warding workplace
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 9, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time I have worked at Rainbow. The supervisor is awesome and takes into consideration that everyone has a life outside of their workplace. The people I work with every day are excellent and loving people. We are a family at Rainbow Childcare and I don't want to leave but I have been unable to make a living on the pay.
Pros
work family, leadership
Cons
pay
Loved the company but...
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 4, 2018
I loved the company as a whole. I loved the vision the company had and the policies that were set in place but at the time that I was working we were severely understaffed which made it hard. The office management and higher up management also didn't enforce the policies the company had in place which made the staff think they could get away with anything and everything without any consequences. It was very hard to work with that.
Depends on where you are.
Assistant Teacher/Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJuly 2, 2018
Some centers are alright, there are others where you will dread going to work every day. If you want a intro into teaching I would recommend giving rainbow a try for a little while. They are held to high standards but rules may not be followed.
Rainbow Child Care Center
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJuly 2, 2018
At the time of my employment the supervisor was not effective for program. It wasn't a fair environment to work in and often teachers were supplying material out of their own pocket. Most Co-Workers were friendly, but tension were created by the Director between teachers due to unfair treatment. I believe this program has a new director now and things have improved greatly since finding a Director that fits the needs of the program and staff.
Pros
discount child care
Cons
having to find your own sub, difficult to get time off
Draining and unfulfilling
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2018
Now obviously the child care industry like many industries is lacking when it comes to benefits and adequate pay. Needless to say it was a bit of a cultural shock going from a locally owned preschool to a corporate ran child care business. People are paying the same money for broken toys and un-stocked classrooms. It is unclean and full of employees that enjoy making the new people's work environment toxic. The only people treated worse than the employees were the children. Now as for the parents they are all, of course, worshiped. After all, they are the ones paying top dollar to this establishment. When interviewed I was immediately hired. Unaware they were so desperate to find good employees because anyone with sense doesn't stay there long. I continue to work here until I find the exact opportunity I am looking for.
Pros
Free lunch, some nice people
Cons
horrible pay and benefits, screaming children, coworkers, and parents
Cares for profit only
Program Director (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 23, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my career. Upper management was terrible and didn’t have a clue and they didn’t seem to care what was going on with the center. The wages are insulting considering the amount of work. Most program directors work 50 hours on average. It’s very stressful and not worth it the time or effort required. Too much work is put on management. The company needs to completely revamp how they do things. I advise anyone to avoid this company! They just want the profit and don’t care about the children, parents or staff.
Pros
Friendly parents, great children, occasional free lunches
Cons
Healthcare was expensive, low pay, long hours, high stress
Working at a Daycare Center
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJune 23, 2018
A typical day at work is fun but also stressful.
I learned how to handle large groups of children.
Management has recently changed.
The workplace culture is understanding and loving.
The hardest part of the job is that it is costly for me having to pay them for daycare for my infant. Somedays are better than others. Some day we have children get hurt and others are better. Working in the toddler room all the children are still learning to communicate and walk so there are usually accidents.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children learn and show off their new abilities.
Pros
free lunch, fun enviorment
Cons
healthcare, pay
Terrible Upper Management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Oakland County, MIJune 19, 2018
The management turnover was almost as bad as the centers. I went through 3 regional managers within a year. There is no consistency and therefor no one who really knows anything about you or your center. Upper management micro manages and makes decisions for directors when they have no idea how it actually affects the day to day operation. Good staff are extremely hard to come by and management is always in classrooms, making it very hard to run the center efficiently.
Pros
Interacting with children and families
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainbow Child Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight