RAINBOW CLEANERS Employee Reviews

Hot and sometimes hazardous conditions
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 26, 2018
You work at one of 2 locations. The busy building next to where the bosses are, or by yourself in a building with no air conditioning, which is where I worked. It allowed me to learn valuable customer service skills and know customers personally, but the summer and winters were brutal and made work difficult. Management was approached many times to repair the building and received fire reports. It was clear he was waiting for the building to collapse and didn't want to spend any more money on that building.
Pros
Some downtime, unpaid lunch when you need it
Cons
No help, weekends are too much work for one person
Fun
Customer Service - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 19, 2018
Very flexible hours. Always something to do. Friendly customers. Nice location.Owner is reasonable with hours, allows days off easily if given advance notice.
Pros
Flexible Hours
This was a hard place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Holden Beach, NCDecember 9, 2017
The job was very demanding and physical. It was not an easy job to do. The hours were fine, but the work environment was very stressful. I did not enjoy it.
An Okay job
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2017
I got this job shortly after Hollywood Video closed its doors. It was an okay job as far as jobs go. The speed in which I moved to management was quite agreeable, but ultimately this business went under and I was forced to find gainful employ elsewhere.
Fun workplace with family members
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILJune 9, 2015
It is really fun to work here since I work with my family. Staying with your family and working with them is always fun. I learned how to interact with customers and what they think.
Amazing Business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 27, 2014
Rainbow Cleaners has been in my family for over 70 years. I could not have been luckier to have worked and managed at a place where I enjoyed going to work every single day. The cleaners has taught me how to communicate clearly and respectfully under pressure to clients and customers. Although a rather high stress environment, it has taught be to think quickly and clearly under pressure. The easiest part of my job is showing up. All of the employees feel like family, having worked here for over 20 plus years. As a family business, I was always treated like an employee and had to work my way into management. It was not easy, especially under the conditions of my family who expect highly of all employees. Unfortunately, the only way to move forward in this business is to buy out family members, and no one is ready to leave yet.
quiet easy environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Hills, OHJanuary 21, 2013
it was a easy and fun job, but there wasnt much room to grow, i was able to do homework on the job and the customers were all very friendly. but there was no raises and the hours didn't work with my school schedule
Pros
could do homework
Cons
not enough hours or no raises
it was productive in fun place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 7, 2013
This job was one of the best jobs i had!!!...The work was really easy the only thing i had to do was put bar code on items as they came in then i would enter them the computer for cleaning. i also played a majior part in all the other areas of the store..
Pros
best co-workers
Cons
healthcare
Always a nice place to work, very nice managers
Clerk - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 4, 2012
It was my first work in this country, customer service, manage invoice, help with the accounting papers, created a new system for a better customer services, created a new price list, function manual, and other, computer dry cleaner system, after three months I was promoted to supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone works and enjoy every Holiday as a family, was very funny time...it was sad when I was to left them.
Pros
evething