Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care Employee Reviews

disastified
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WISeptember 27, 2017
No direction on your position. No good communication. The structure of your position in not defined. Too much chiefs and not enough Indians. Treated unfairly.
Excellent Company!
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILNovember 8, 2016
RHI was one of my best career experiences. Great leadership, fantastic co-workera and teamwork, supportive culture. Pay was fair, good benefits. I worked at the inpatient unit, the Ark, which was a beautiful place to work with an amazingly supportive culture.
Pros
Great enviroment, good teamwork, suportive leadership, company has values
Exceptional non-profit organization!
VP, Access & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 1, 2016
Exceptional non-profit organization! Lots of opportunities for advancement. Now part of Presence Health. Patients and families must be top priority.
Pros
Limitless opportunities
Cons
Hospice is not for everyone.
Angels doing sacred work.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 5, 2015
Wonderful company to work for; you feel what you do on a daily basis makes a difference in someone's life and/or end of life.
Pros
Casual Friday
The best co-workers you could have
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 17, 2014
Supportive environment. Very smart and compassionate staff.
Pros
A great environment.
Cons
At the end of the day it's about the patient's and their loved ones...
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJune 26, 2014
It really depends on your manager and the department you work for I guess. I had a great manager and I learned a lot while I was at Rainbow. It has a good mix of ages and the few males that do work there are really kind. Best social workers and bereavement staff you will ever find, that's for sure. They will go the extra mile just because that's the kind of people they are. It's the people that go unnoticed at Rainbow, that are truly the heart of Rainbow. And the widow who had it in her heart to start Rainbow Hospice in the first place, would have it no other way.
see below
Inpatient Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJanuary 20, 2014
The entire organization works very, very hard to provide the best care possible for the dying patient and support for the entire family.
I currently work in a very small part of the company in the inpatient unit.
I work as part of a team to manage and control symptoms that cannot be controlled at home per medicare guidelines. RNs work 12 hour shifts, and i have learned so much in the past 6 plus years i have been here.
I thrive working with a team of people to bring optimum relief and comfort to a dying patient and the family. That is the best part of the job and the hardest.
It is a joy to work with people who have one common goal; peace to a pt. and family at the end of life.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Great facilty and grateful co-workers and patients.
Patient Companion/ Respite/Reception Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIDecember 9, 2013
Always treated with respect and dignity by Volunteer coordinators, CNA, and Nurses..
Great place to work!
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 6, 2013
Working in this environment can be really hard but also really rewarding. You get to help people end their lives with dignity and comfort as well as help family members come to term with their loss. My boss was like a friend to me! All my co-workers were there to help and give support. The hardest part was loosing a patient but the most enjoyable was knowing what you did to help made a difference.