Rainbow International Employee Reviews

Started out good and than dropped off the cliff
Carpet Cleaner Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMarch 11, 2019
I started out in late October and it was very good hours and pay at first for training. After a while I was told I’d get a dollar raise and never did. I also never got to finish my training before I left there. My hours started of consistent going from 20-35 hours at one point during the “cleaning season.” Well after December my hours plunged from 20-35 hours one week to 15-20 hours and then a month later after I got back from vacation I ended up only getting 5-10 hours and by the time I left within three weeks I only got 2 hours total. I’d recommend this job to someone who is in college and need a job to work with your schedule. This is not a job for someone looking to get benefits that are good because you won’t get any here at all as I was told from a full-time worker and he only got PTA. But the kicker is that at this job some weekends you couldn’t even make plans because you had to be on call and you could make only an extra 50$ for that weekend. Well what broke to straw on the camels back for me was that I was told they couldn’t afford to put me on call for a week because I received 0 hours for two weeks straight.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
No benefits, no hours, no raise as promised, only get ours for a certain period of time, occasional on call shift, can’t plan weekends at all, inconsistent scheduling
Difficult employer
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 8, 2019
Upper Managment is not customer service friendly, cares more about self and bottom line. Does not offer training, guidance or direction. Always micro-managed.
Overall awesome company, one of the greatest jobs I’ve ever had
Carpet Technician/ Demolition Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 28, 2019
The work hours were great, the jobs were fun...hard work but fun, I enjoyed meeting new people everyday and being welcomed into their homes! The veteran employees are super kind and welcoming. The owner is super friendly and someone I was proud to work for
Pros
Great pay, awesome energy, chances to promote
Cons
Gets slow during the fall and winter
sales sales sales disguised as oher "jobs"
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 26, 2019
its door to door sales of vaccuums. you sell to your family for one of the most expensive vaccuums. dont bother. go work for mcds or any other fast food place.
NOT a good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Work here if you want to work for people who never trust you, talk about everyone behind their backs to their other employees, and generally think they're better than anyone else. It's a family company, but don't think they'll treat you like family. The owner's son started working for the company full-time when he graduated high school and literally laughed at me for going to college. Also, the only way you advance is if you are a relation or dating the owner's son (not by skill). Beware, they also constantly threaten to sue people and have taken some employees to court. Also, there are four managers for such a small company and each one will tell you the other one has no idea what they are talking about and then tell you to do something different (which is never good for you).

I could go on, but I won't.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare and no chance of getting a raise. You get paid $10.00 an hour, but they'll tell you you're not worth it!
Personally I will not recommend this place for work
Content supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 15, 2019
We do fire clean structure clean pack outs water pack out it was fun working with them not with the actual office people but our coworkers that we work on the field
Could be better organized more professional more enthusiastic professionals
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  220 industrial loopSeptember 17, 2018
Company has potiential
Needs better leaders
Need to improve teaching and training methods
Needs to teach and train period
Pay better
Be more professional
Pros
Could learn a lot
Cons
They don’t teach you
More family oriented fun but get the job done
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Lots off driving time dealing with customers makeing them feel comfortable and confident with the work we perform. The hardest part is crawl under houses setting containment. I enjoy dealing with the customers.
Pros
Riding time
Cons
No benefits
Hard work, no work/life balance
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2018
Long hours of hard work, limited information or education passed on to employee before they are thrown into the field, coworkers that go and do whatever they want regardless of what the scope and boss say. Lots of driving and not being home
Pros
Zero
Cons
No benefits or pto, coworkers, work/life balance
Francise oowners stronly push for profitability and growth
Estimator, Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 16, 2018
Work[place fundamentally was self centered and in some cases sugar coated about their work ethics. No health benefits offered. No opportunity for managerial advancement. Tone of owners more in tune with methods to grow business and economical gain.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Insufficient comfort in workplace or motivation. .
Ran by people that did not know the industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2018
The company I was working for was bought by a father/son team who turned the company into a Rainbow franchise. They ended up having to close their doors.
Pros
hours, co-workers
Cons
owners not very knowledgable
Busiest and most stressful job i ever worked
Fire and water restoration (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 27, 2018
A very fast paced, on call job where i had to be able to work long and often unpredictable hours. I liked it in the short term, but i don't see this job as a career
fun place to work alot of hours does not hire enough people to do work.
Business/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2018
great place to work. alot of hours due to owner did not want to hire the correct number of people.lots of room to grow and show your talent. owner was great at buying great equipment and buying as much as we need to complete jobs.
Pros
nice people
Cons
lack of workers
My pay checks bounced
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Friedens, PAMay 29, 2018
The franchise owner bounced several of my pay checks and then didn’t have the money to pay payroll at all. On several occasions there was also alcohol consumption in the office during business hours.
Fast work pace . Friendly employees
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2018
Working at this company is fast past an hard on your brain long hours an working thorough out the noght. Working on weekends no home life never really get time off or know when your getting off
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Not so good pay
New managers veiws and ethics clashed
Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCApril 10, 2018
Fast paced with no reward from company, new operations and new production managers direction for the company and their ethics are not in line with mine and not what I hired in at
Employment at Rainbow International
Mitigation Technician/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23606March 27, 2018
The average day at rainbow was pretty relaxed. Ive learned a lot working for the company. The management was great they worked a lot with my children and I with our schedules. The most enjoyable part of the company was the people and management. The hardest part of the job was working with temps that would only work for a week then not return.
Pros
Relaxed company
Cons
Not stable
Great place to be!
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 6, 2018
I found the restoration buisness in my early 20's. After just a few months I found out I loved it! Helping people is a great feeling. Every day there is something differnet. Ive worked on huge homes to historical buildings to hospitals and even the State Capital Building here in Columbia. I really do love. If you are willing to work very hard on hot summer days and long hours when the whole city freezes over this is the job for you.
Pros
too many to name!
Cons
Not every customer is fun to work for.
Stressful and unpredictable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 26, 2018
Company was good starting off then suddenly became a very stressful environment to work in.Daily changing of the scheduling, no benefits, and horrible working environment.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
No healthcare
Wonderful company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, OKJanuary 7, 2018
I learned so much from Rainbow International! This opportunity helped me grow like no other. It also gave me a direction for my life. My manager was the best I could have asked for! I was so lucky to have this position when I got it. I'm so grateful for it!
Pros
Extremely positive learning environment
Cons
Very long workdays left me exhausted at the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainbow International. Our community is ready to answer.