Rainbow International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ran by people that did not know the industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2018
The company I was working for was bought by a father/son team who turned the company into a Rainbow franchise. They ended up having to close their doors.
Pros
hours, co-workers
Cons
owners not very knowledgable
Busiest and most stressful job i ever worked
Fire and water restoration (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 27, 2018
A very fast paced, on call job where i had to be able to work long and often unpredictable hours. I liked it in the short term, but i don't see this job as a career
fun place to work alot of hours does not hire enough people to do work.
Business/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2018
great place to work. alot of hours due to owner did not want to hire the correct number of people.lots of room to grow and show your talent. owner was great at buying great equipment and buying as much as we need to complete jobs.
Pros
nice people
Cons
lack of workers
My pay checks bounced
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Friedens, PAMay 29, 2018
The franchise owner bounced several of my pay checks and then didn’t have the money to pay payroll at all. On several occasions there was also alcohol consumption in the office during business hours.
Fast work pace . Friendly employees
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2018
Working at this company is fast past an hard on your brain long hours an working thorough out the noght. Working on weekends no home life never really get time off or know when your getting off
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Not so good pay
New managers veiws and ethics clashed
Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCApril 10, 2018
Fast paced with no reward from company, new operations and new production managers direction for the company and their ethics are not in line with mine and not what I hired in at
Employment at Rainbow International
Mitigation Technician/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VA 23606March 27, 2018
The average day at rainbow was pretty relaxed. Ive learned a lot working for the company. The management was great they worked a lot with my children and I with our schedules. The most enjoyable part of the company was the people and management. The hardest part of the job was working with temps that would only work for a week then not return.
Pros
Relaxed company
Cons
Not stable
Great place to be!
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 6, 2018
I found the restoration buisness in my early 20's. After just a few months I found out I loved it! Helping people is a great feeling. Every day there is something differnet. Ive worked on huge homes to historical buildings to hospitals and even the State Capital Building here in Columbia. I really do love. If you are willing to work very hard on hot summer days and long hours when the whole city freezes over this is the job for you.
Pros
too many to name!
Cons
Not every customer is fun to work for.
Stressful and unpredictable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 26, 2018
Company was good starting off then suddenly became a very stressful environment to work in.Daily changing of the scheduling, no benefits, and horrible working environment.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
No healthcare
Wonderful company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, OKJanuary 7, 2018
I learned so much from Rainbow International! This opportunity helped me grow like no other. It also gave me a direction for my life. My manager was the best I could have asked for! I was so lucky to have this position when I got it. I'm so grateful for it!
Pros
Extremely positive learning environment
Cons
Very long workdays left me exhausted at the end of the day.
Getting to know how you changed a homeowners day when the project was done.
SITE MANAGER TECH (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 6, 2018
Use multiple machines and tools to build, repair and produce the desired product (for example homes, decks, or to restore fire, smoke, and water damage)
On call as needed
Oversee jobs and others to make sure jobs get done on a timely fashion
Pros
Working with the homeowners after the had a fire or water damage at their home.
Cons
Mangement not telling you everything about the job before you go to the job for the first time.
The particular franchise I worked for was supportive and provided a car. The franchise is under new ownership and the owner is looking forward to hir
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 22, 2017
Rainbow is an independently owned franchise. Each Rainbow compensates BDAs differently and expectations are different from franchise to franchise. The bigger budget for marketing, the more success you have. Some franchisees are able to send BDAs to training, summits, and offer incentives
Pros
Training
Cons
Sometimes there is not enough of a budget given for marketing
Great Company but...
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2017
I have a lot of respect for the owners, they mean well and really know the restoration business but it is fast pace business and they are just missing a base foundation of training and development for their employees to advance and grow the business.
Lack of work
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MINovember 14, 2017
Typical day would be to go to different job sites and maintain water and or fire damage. I have learned how to read the moisture in wood and learned how to wash contents that were previously in a fire.
Pros
hours are 7:30-4:00 Monday-Friday
Cons
Not dependable, not enough hours
Buen ambiente durante el break
Operador de Empaque (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2017
Tube una buena experiencia de trabajo en las do's areas de trabajo shipping y Reicibin, me gusto ingresar informacion para despachar las ordenes, creo que siempre fui uno de los mejores
Good Job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I learned new skills at the job and was able to get certified in water restoration. I had to travel with the job, which could present a burden on family life.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2017
It was alright, but I didn't have a secure job. My co workers were really nice understanding so was my manager. But it wasn't a fair understanding if I was gonna have a job or not.
It was okay
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 16, 2017
I liked the environment and the business grew quickly, the management was nice and I had a good time working there. Would recommend it to someone else if they asked me about my experience.
Poorly run company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Byron, MIAugust 10, 2017
The owners of the Byron Center location were very unorganized. They don't care for their employees
Pay is terrible for the hours and work they require.
Want you to be dedicated employee but they don't care about you.
Cons
Healthcare/ wages
Not for everyone. But if you like being micromanaged and never advance then this is the Job for you!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2017
You will be treated like an incompetent child. From 8 to whenever they let you leave. They talk a big game but will not deliver. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys you work with. The hardest part is dealing with management. Stay away unless you cant find anything else.
Pros
overtime
Cons
the only way to get promoted is to get injured or move to a different company.