Rainbow International
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Rainbow International Employee Reviews

Honesty its mitigation work. If you are about it, there is money to be made. But if you aren't it's going to be a rough ride. As far as my particular branch it is a great place to carve your own spot.
Rewarding work helping people when they experience a disaster in their home. You are on call about a week a month, but you get OT and bonuses when you are on call to make up for it.Management is available for questions which helps. They provide a lot of training and pay for your certifications. They offer benefits some paid holidays and vacation pay.
Pros
Pay and helping others
Cons
On call
this company is interesting and is one of the weirdest franchises ever there franchise fees are extremely high and the standards are sub par at best.
Managers actually work on the jobs! In Restoration Industry they normally dictate from office without ever seeing the job. Rainbow international goes above and beyond to properly train employees.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Bi weekly pay
No benefits. Terrible pay, franchises are no good. Crazy hours. No paid training. No advancement. People don't care broke down equipment working at hospitals. No set schedule. No flexibility. No paid time off not a place you want to work or try to raise a family
Pros
Cons
No benefits
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Very unorganized and poor management. You are not trained properly and if you mess something up they will take it out of your paycheck. The manager promises female employees advancement if they sleep with him. I’m pretty sure they are facing a lawsuit and many more to come. The techs get paid 12 a hr while other companies start you off at 15! They do not respect their techs which is a shame because they are the backbone of the company. The project manager is very creepy and disrespectful not ideal for a female employee.
Pros
Drive company vehicle
Cons
Everything else
Pretty sure the owner was sleeping with an employee. There were two (female) employees who were able to do anything without consequence. Very unorganized work environment. Owner would cheat customers buy using lower grade equipment and products. Manager said he would send me and another employee off for training to make more money, and after 2 year was never sent.
Pros
Not many
Cons
To many
I worked here for over a year, I thought it was a good choice.. but I thought wrong. Work life home life balance, there hardly is any with such a small company. They offered me, personally nothing. Management is a joke. They pick and choose who their favorites, that's for sure. Don't expect any paid days off either. They are lenient on sick days sometimes, but overall you lose money. No benefits, hardly any raises. I would not recommend this place for a job. You are always constructively criticized unless again(you are a favorite) then again it's a job. I tried to keep my head down while there. But didn't work out.
● Work-life balanceAt the Elmira, NY office, if you need to take time off, expect to be intimidated and have your job threatened by Mike Minichiello, I only asked for a half day when he threatened to fire me 3 times over it.● Pay & benefitsIf you need a job with health insurance or benefits, this ain't it.● Job security and advancementMike Minichiello uses belittling and intimidation to keep his workers in line, and is a sales master with no real experience otherwise in the field.● ManagementIn Elmira, NY, Mike Minichiello is an abusive boss who will rip you off.● CultureIt varies, I guess, from city to city, but in Elmira NY, it's terrible, due to the awful management of Mike Minichiello.● OverallI was treated badly, ripped off, and verbally abused because that's how Mike Minichiello at the Elmira, NY office likes to run his business. He ripped me off for $300 on my final paycheck and because there is no clock-in system, I couldn't do anything about it.
Very demanding, hands on at all times, dealing with customers face to face, long hours, very rewarding. Must know a little chemistry, follow step by step in manuals. Never a dull moment in this industry. Very profitable if you have the help.
Franchise owner was very unprofessional. Management was not understanding, and very indirect. I was not paid on time multiple times, and also was missing a lot of pay stubs. Opportunity to work many hours, but no real set schedule, and was often called in with short notice.
Rainbow as a whole is a great company to work for, but there are locations that are not living up to the Rainbow standard. Hope everyone gets onboard with corporate standards
Pros
Some location has great people
Cons
Not all locations have great management
I worked at this location longer than anyone else who works there but I got paid less than everyone. The people you work with are awesome but the upper management is a dread. They talk about bonuses and profit sharing but you will never see those. They took away all of our benefits besides 5 days of vacation. ONLY WORK HERE IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICES!
Pros
You'll make $16 plus an hour
Cons
Management is constantly lying
Just make sure the franchise you work for isn't owned by more than one owner. The one I worked for had three owners, and the actual management running the company had no say in anything.
The pay is good, but you have no benefits, 401k, or any appreciation. There is stability but there is no structure. There is no help in the office you have to manage everything alone with little to no training
Pros
Base pay is decent
Cons
It was a nice experience. My coworkers were very nice. We all worked as a team to get things done. The work load was enough to keep you busy during the entire shift.
Very hostile work environment the management sucks the manager is marring the owners daughter but has no clue about the job itself they do not care for employees 4 workers quite in a week
Cons
The office is very un organized no leadership skills
Terrible company you will only get 20 to 25 hrs each week but they expect you to be on call all of the time also I was fired because I was in the hospital for a week and could not complete a job that was missing material for said job
this place has taught me many of new things and I use them in everyday life now. If you're up for a new challenge this place has the best for you. I loved and enjoyed this place and management is amazing!!
Company has potential with proper office management and improvement on communication between employees and management on open and closed projects & tasks at hand
My job as manager was to take all claims completed by the technician, build a cad replica of the building, bill the insurance and stay in communication with the homeowner. Fire, flood and mold remediation was a very interesting industry to work in.