Rainbow Shops Employee Reviews

Found 2,081 reviews matching the search See all 2,149 reviews
Easy and manageable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 20, 2019
Rainbow is a good workplace for a first time worker, not for anything to rely on. They pay is not good and the management could be fooled with , very unorganized and unprofessional place of business for anyone interested.
Pros
30% off
Cons
Very little pay, little hours
Cool but Messy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2019
The Rainbow I worked at was cool at first but it started getting toxic and problematic due to one manager who made life in there for everyone a nightmare. Other than her, everyone else was cool and the customers were usually good and regulars. Management could be a lot better and organized.
Pros
No uniform, easy work, weekly pay
Cons
Low pay, short working hours, open on all holidays, bad management
Very bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 19, 2019
I would never go back to work there they didn’t kno how treat their employees an they didn’t care bout personal problems if there was any to come up.an they never let me have weekends off at least one
Pros
Great work space
Cons
Not enough hours an worked every weekend
Great First Job
Sales Associate and shoe coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 19, 2019
It was a great first job, I got promoted from sales associate to shoe coordinator within a few months of working, however I worked the job of a shoe coordinator for the pay of a sales associate for a while before I was finally approved for the raise. My managers were pretty awesome and I didn't really have any bad experiences while working there other than occasional work drama, like our LP guy stealing from the store, he was fired obviously.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
weird scheduling
Lot of things could've been better at the job, but there was'nt much problem solving being used.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2019
Overall it had it's good and bad days. Typical day involved processing shipment, helping customers, and any other duties asked of you from management. Working conditions weren't ideal as far as the weather was concerned, and the rodent problem was unbearable. Loved working with my co workers though.
Pros
Fles
Cons
No raises
Productive and good working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAMarch 16, 2019
Productive workig day, good management, the most enjoyable part of the job were woring and getting along with co workers, the hardest part was doing shipment.
harsh environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2019
Discrimination and unfair
Got fired for not coming to work from the district manager but I was not even on the schedule. I reported the store manager and district manager for discrimination and heard nothing back!
Cons
unfair schedule, doing manager jobs, take advantage of good working employees
Good place for high school students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJMarch 14, 2019
Fun place to work at, however hours are almost never set. It also depends on the manager of the store when you will work and the days off. Good for high school students.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours if you really need it
Great place to grow in your Career
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2019
Love working with Rainbow It was a great experience I learned a lot are you getting to meet the upper management what’s the best part it was a hand on company
Pros
Promote within
Cons
Parking
Fun
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 11, 2019
I enjoyed working in a cheerful environment. I enjoyed my customers and co-workers. They offered benefits, but the pay was not enough to support a family.
it was a ok experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 11, 2019
this job is for someone just starting off there is no real advancement opportunities there. there hours arent goods at all and the pay is ok but not enough to make ends meet
Retail
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2019
Retail changes every day, and it's more hands on job the staff is very small and we meet different customer every day and cash handle and long shifts at time
Pros
30% discount
Cons
30 mintues
Rainbow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 10, 2019
I enjoyed styling customers while monitoring the sales floor. The turnover ratio is horrible. The management is horrible. Many people left due to management.
Wasn’t the best atmosphere for me
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2019
Not for everyone . I had three managers and one was a little rude to me , i have a medical condition were i can’t stand for a long time but she made me stand anyway
Productive and a good place to work as a team.
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 7, 2019
Working for Rainbow was a great experience for me. It was a good place to work were team work was a priority. We were a good group of employees and we all respected each other. It wasn't a hard job but I still took it seriously. I loved to work there and I desire to work again for Rainbow Shops.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Short brakes
Worst company to work for only care about their numbers and shrink
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, COMarch 5, 2019
The upper management only cared if we made our payroll and if we didn’t we had to keep cutting hours if we wen’t over we got in trouble. They also only cared about their shrink if your store was a high shrink they would fire you with no warnings at all. Also the district manager was very unprofessional and likes to gossip about every store to all the employees and pick favorites I wouldn’t recommend this job at all worst company I ever worked for!
Pros
Co-workers were great, 30% discount 10% discount on clearance
Cons
Really poor pay, only store managers get over time and time and a half on holidays
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate, CASHIER/ Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 5, 2019
It was amazing staff I loved working at the store loved helping people around searching for items they needed. All of my co-workers were nice and friendly people! Make you laugh make you smile and always have a positive attitude.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Inside everything you learn a lot
Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2019
It is a job for people who are currently studying or for people who only want a partime at the moment. But you learn fashion, everything that is at the forefront at this time.
It was an alright experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2019
It was very stressful.Having Organization is very important and.It was the complete opposite.Over all it was and nice place meet some interesting work place
Pros
Nice cloths
Cons
Not organized, poor management
Summer Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Worked here for one summer to get the feels of work and get paid so that I don't have to ask my parents for anything. Great job experience, not so much a great place to work.