Rainforest Action Network Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
Intership
Video Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 27, 2017
During my internship I was able to be a video assistant and photographer for one of the projects for about 5 hours.

Most of my experiences were doing phone banking to call for people support in boycotting company's to save endangered animals.
Pros
diverse, nice, organized, fair roles
Cons
Does not give enough experiences to specific desired skills.
Great Volunteer Opportunity, Awesome Organization
Palm Oil Action Leader (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2015
This is a volunteer position I aquired by applying for and attending a specialized activist training for Rainforest Action Network. I was invited to apply as I had already done activist work with RAN in the past. The training was lovely and extremely valuable. The position requires anywhere from 1-10 hours a week of volunteer time, organizing volunteers to create campaign action events targeted at major brands with the purpose of garnering responsible palm oil commitments from them. Lots of support from managment, bi-weekly support calls, freedom to create our own events. Great opportunity to build experience in the field of organizing.
Pros
Meeting lots of great people, freedom, creativity
Cons
Big gaps between events