Rainforest Cafe Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 16, 2019
Working at downtown disney means a lot of poor traveling tippers. Hours were terrible. Guests and servers are very rude. Food is terrible. And the birthday song you have to memorize and sing and get a group to sing with you is ridiculous.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Money was terrible
Paid poorly for poor hours
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 1, 2019
You won’t get the hours that you request and sometimes you’ll go weeks without being scheduled & they’ll schedule too many or too little people on days and you’ll either get sent home or overworked.
Pros
Free drinks and nice coworkers
Cons
Won’t pay the bills
Coworkers are helpful and friendly
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 26, 2019
A typical day at work is very slow on weekdays but picks up a lot on weekends. The management could use some improvement. They are strict on the rules, especially silly things such as dyed hair, acrylic nails and wearing belts.
Pros
50% off
Fun place
Tour Guide, Server, Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Fun place to work to see new faces everyday. Always will keep you on your toes with fast pace environment. Management is always on top on keeping all coworkers working together to make it a great easy day.
Pros
Great location to all sorts of shopping
Cons
Tends to hurt the feet with all the standing
was not a good experience
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2019
One manager would defiantly had favorites and made sure you knew it. She would also keep sitting customers even when the tables weren't ready to be sat. She would stress ever server out and fill their section up all at once and then disappear when you needed her help or took forever to help you and didn't care if you lost all your money off the table. Just cared that her numbers where up. One manager would just be a mean to everyone.
Typical day at work
Server (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 24, 2019
It was a cool job for me at 16, cleaning up tables isn't always the funnest but tips at the end of the day would make it feel worth it.
very fast paced job as you constantly have to jump from table to table. Staff were helpful and supportive. Overall great workplace
Fun workplace
Busser/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
It was a fun place to work. It had its ups and downs but overall I loved my co workers. For the most part we all worked and a team and things flowed natraully.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
not a lot of hours and poor tips bad clientele
the peoeple make it fun or they dont
housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 14, 2019
the managers are slave drivers keeping tables open past closing .FAvorittisim is very real
hey got roaches and they execpt you to do above and beyond but dont listenm to you wants or conerns
female employess are sexually harassed often
the food was good
the people there make or break you.
Pros
discount food
Cons
short to no breaks for kitchen
Cesspool
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 14, 2019
They will not work with your family life, even if you have kids. Getting days off is nearly impossible. Vacation is a joke as half the year is blocked out so you wind up losing vacation every year to managements butt buddies. Kitchen is disgusting, always water on the floor giving the feeling like you are working in sewage. There is no A/C in the kitchen and on the line where temperatures can stay 155*F plus, endangering your health and possibly worse. There is no effort from managers to bring water to the line so yes cook have thrown up and servers passed out from the excessive heat. Management is more concerned about which girl they are going to hook up with and get pregnant than the actual job itself. If you need help they are never there and if you have a family emergency, legit, on a holiday, they will threaten your job and a write up just for trying to call out and attend to your child’s and family matter. Offer no insurance other than the marketplace. So if you like a filthy kitchen, where they microwave steaks and everything else and ready to hurt you health with the mold, roaches, and excessive heat, this place is for you.
Pros
Cons
Management, Blocked vacation time, pay for your meals, advancement nearly impossible
Fun environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoy working at the Rainforest Cafe very much. All my coworkers and management are very easy to talk to and get along with. of course in the restaurant business it can be stressful but everyone seems to handle it well as a team!
Fun Faced Paced environment with animated animals for kids
Server (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL Sawgrass mallJanuary 9, 2019
Upon Arrival, had to have a pre-shift meeting to discuss what's been going on and talk about the seasonal specials. Learn ways to sign guests up for Laundry's Select Club. Let host know we are on the floor and start working. First thing I would do is set up the place for success for the night shift by restocking and re-icing everything. Introduce myself to table and give them a tour of the menu with suggestions. Had running side work to ensure a smooth shift. I learned some managers have a hard time multi-tasking in turn hurt my tables. managers would get easily flustered. The hardest part of the job was communicating with guests that do not speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how much fun the kids had watching the animals. I was entrusted to close every night because I have high standards for cleanliness. Plus I didn't let anyone leave until all their side work was finished.
Pros
Fantastic ambience, Great teamwork, lots of entertainment for kids, great pay
Cons
Kids running around making it dangerous, management struggled with remembering what they had to do, no breaks on 12 hour shifts
fun workplace with great management
Bartender /Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2018
Quick paced job with a pleasant workplace environment. Great management , flexible schedules, and great training provided by management. Team work is a must,
Pros
busy summers
Cons
short hours
Very fun atmosphere to work in.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2018
During my many years at rainforest I enjoyed every moment. My main job requirement was to make sure gusts left with a positive memory. Ensuring they get there food and drinks on time all while enforming them about the rainforest atmosphere and let them talk about there time there.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Poor management
pruductive and fast paced restaurant
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2018
it was a fun and fast paced experience. I managed to learn all the necessities I needed to work and show guests what great customer service was about.
Good Money during the summer
Server (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It is very hard place to work, but money is good especially during the summer, holidays and weekends. Over 70 tables in the cafe. No break time, huge side work every night.
Pros
50% discout for food.
Cons
poor management team
Quick pace and fun!
Sales Associate, Hostess, Busser, and Runner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 30, 2018
Loved going into work and being able to greet kids and show off the amazing atmosphere of the Rainforest Cafe. This was my first real job so I learned a lot about retail and the restaurant business. The management that I worked with at the time was really nice and fun people! The culture was fun too because almost everyone got along and would help each other out when it was busy. The hardest part of the job was being able to communicate and be professional with the guests no matter how rude they behaved. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to walk into the Rainforest Cafe every day and also the benefits.
Pros
Great management, decent pay, fun environment
Cons
Little to no breaks, overworked
Very productive
Safari Guide-Server/Retail/Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
It’s very loud and busy but overall productive and fun most times. People from all over the world come in to dine with Rainforest and share very interesting stories about where they are from. Coworkers are always fun and keep up the positive vibe.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
No breaks
It was a fast paced but very fun and friendly environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 2, 2018
Over all I really enjoyed working at the rainforest... But as a single parent I just need more stability and they offer no benefits... The job is a kid friendly environment and it requires excellent costumer service skills in order to prevail
Pros
It's definitely good income
Cons
It has a slow season
Decent entry level job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 30, 2018
Working at Rainforest Café improved my work ethic as well as my personal capacity for working with a variety of people. My job was both fast paced and slow, depending on how many guests we received in a day. The management was sub-par, only 2 out of the 5 managers were tolerable in my personal experience, although everyone has their own opinions. In all honesty, I enjoyed working at Rainforest Café when I started, but a select few people really stressed me out and made any simple mistakes seem like a personal problem. If these are not an issue, then I would most likely recommend applying here.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Mediocre management
I enjoy working at rainforest. The bar position is very inconsistant with business and the struggle to make money.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2018
I would recommend this job to all new bartenders or people looking for a job through school. The bar is slow pace and great when learning to become a bartrnder.
Pros
Great people and management
Cons
Slow business for bartenders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainforest Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.