Raining Rose Employee Reviews

Good workplace, we play softball at the city league games
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2018
Raining Rose is a good place to work, good environment lots of good people to work with, I've been working there for almost 5 years now, we work very hard, we try our best to make our supervisor feel happy and proud of what we been doing in this plant, the things that we do the most is packing the EOS product and make sure everything are safe and good, so what Im trying to say is safety is more important here in raining rose, not only for the product , but also the employee, so I believe that raining rose is a good place to work..
Hate
Batcher (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 19, 2018
. HR and managers were more into potlucks and drinking after work then actually working. Long hours. Heath insurance was very expressive and not that good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
It all is bad
Productive work place, fast paced
Packaging Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 18, 2018
Fast paced work environment, easy to make friends and the people are great to work with. The supervisors are very nice and they respect you and help you achieve your goals.
Pros
they have vending machines and food and pop and drinks
Cons
You hav eto buy the food they have, your on your feet the entire time your there, normally standing in one place
Not enough Hours was Given
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 21, 2018
I would walk in and be greeted by Team Leads and once I gotten to the Line where I would be working at. I was always greeted by employees that I gotten along with on my line. They moved you around so you wouldn't get bored by standing in the same spot on the line. The work environment was great. The employees there I enjoyed being around. Hardest part I would have to say for at Raining Rose would have to be loading the product into the machine due to getting dizzy. The management was great as well, they always recognized what the good in their employees do there at Raining Rose by rewarding them.
Disorganized, unfriendly, power hungry company.
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 16, 2017
The reason they're getting so many bad reviews is how they treat people. They try to call it a family there, but the only part of the company that applies to is HR and above.
Pros
Pto, 30 min lunch
Cons
Short breaks, lacking raises.
As i said, is a nice place to work because supervisors create work stress environment. Are always willing to teach workers news when have no knowledge
Production worker (Current Employee) –  IowaOctober 4, 2017
Raining Rose is a nice place to work because you meet people of different nationalities. Share fun and ones country information. Supervisors are very friendly people.
Stay focussed
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 28, 2017
You have good days and then you have bad days just make sure you determine how your feeling don't let people get in your head you determine if you fail or succeed
Happy place to work, creative, energetic
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 9, 2017
As maintenance Coordinator I scheduled contractors to work on projects. I advanced my technical skills and enjoyed the challenges. I loved working there.
Raining Rose for most part is a good company to work for.
Packaging Line Worker Level (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 4, 2017
Must be able to work at a fast passe and follow instructions, also must get along with others and also taking orders from your machine operator. Everyone is very helpful with training.
Cons
only two 20 minute breaks
great place to start but you definately won't get rich here
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2017
It's a great place for someone with no skills or someone who is just starting out of high school. Pay is not competitive and you will not be able to support a family with out a second job unless you obtain a supervisory position or higher. Management is very top heavy and is slow to respond to needs on the production floor. No paid time off or proffit/goal sharing. very little room for advancement. They hire a lot of part time help during the later part of the year and lay them off at the beginning of the year. The only requirement to be hired on as a part time employee is (are they breathing). Many part time hired can not speak english or count and have no factory or production experience which makes work difficult for full time associates.
Management is professional and courtious.
Pros
professional and courtious
Cons
pay, hours worked, Pto, expensive benefits
fun environment. Decent labor for pay. ability to learn and advance knowledge through multiple work environments.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 22, 2017
I had a good time while working for Raining Rose. I met good people, worked for good people, and learned a lot about being a Material Handler. I got to do something I enjoyed doing. In the end it started to not go as well as it did in the beginning. Things started to change such as the culture within the facility. In the end it was a good experience for me, and I appreciate the opportunity given to me by Raining Rose.
Not porfational
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 5, 2017
They do carry if have anything out side work lime family or school. More then one time they where mad that a family member was sick so i use pto to leave work. Put meatind right when i had school. Aspire yes to only have them came first
Pros
Cons
Helthcare to hight to use
Family Friendly Workplace with Struggling Middle Mangement
Batcher Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 1, 2017
It's easy to work at Raining Rose and maintain a lifestyle outside of work. Most everyone Is kind and respectful. It's a smaller company so that in of itself has a lot of benefits. I greatly respect some of the higher ups but the middle management struggles. They just lack essential leadership skills and experience.
Pros
Lots of days off or Mon.-Fri.
Cons
Middle Management, unnecessary heavy lifting
Good place to work, and great people to work with
Lead Operator in Production (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IowaFebruary 23, 2017
This is a typical production job.
You work with others on the line.
Management is open and easy to talk to.
The job is very repetitive.
The employees there are great to work with.
Pros
Fun workplace activities every week.
Cons
You only get two 20 minutes breaks a day.
Fun place to work at, everyone was nice and was ready to work as a team. The machine operators made sure you know what your doing
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 16, 2017
Working at this company was fun, even though you have to spend hours on your feet the employees somehow made it fun and made sure you learned. If you're slow with what you're doing they give you something easier or something you'd know
Worst company ever
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 18, 2017
All I need to say is these people are lost. From HR to the owner they all lack experience with basic business skills. They fly by the seat of their pants have multiple meetings on the same issues without resolving the issue. The VP is a former teacher who can't figure out what his role is. They put very incompetent leaders in place who fail in every spectrum. They all look up to a phony purchasing manager who can't seem to read a MRP report which leads to expedition of products that back up lines and increase costs.

I have seen some poorly ran companies but this takes the cake. They have lost major key people in the past few years that were tremendous workers and desicion makers. Major re-work issues due to the lack of leadership.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Frustrated employees lead to bad attitudes. Major turnover with low morale.
positive and negative
Packager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 27, 2016
The management should take more consideration of what employees tell thm. Alot of great people to work with. But some negative ones that bring the atmosphere down
Awful place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 19, 2016
Management plays extreme favorites. They say its an "open door" policy but when you give ideas that they don't like they will make sure you know it. Extremely boring, the same thing day after day. Not family oriented bussiness. When they let people go its in big numbers usually, have really high turn around rate. So if you want a job to stay at don't apply here.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Everything, place is awful to work at. Management and HR are terrible
great place to work
packaging (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 21, 2016
great place to work, enjoyed my job and the people I worked with were great. management/supervisors were easy to talk to and understanding, helping with any questions.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
sometimes work was slow
Great People and work place
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work. Easy people to get along with. The work is fast paced but not too challenging. Pay isn't competitive.