Raising Canes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Showing all 1,026 reviews
Such a great company to work for!
Crew Member and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 11, 2018
The company really does care about their crew. Ive never regretted working for the store. Raising Canes does get a lot of business so if you are wanting a laid back kind of job, Canes is not for you. BUT if you are like me and a fast paced work environment gives you a rush, then go for it! There are so many ways to advance here too but Canes does not play when it comes to it. You better do your work if you want to grow. I did my fair share of it and I do not regret it. 100% recommend working here!
Fun place to work!
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 11, 2018
Raising Canes is a great place to work and has been the most fun I’ve had at a job! Anyone looking for flexible hours and great co workers, this is the place! I would highly recommended this job to anyone!
Pretty fun job
Drive-Thru Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXAugust 9, 2018
great starter job, just not able to sustain yourself independently by working here and definitely doesn’t pay well enough for the cost of living. if you live with your parents still then this is a perfect job that teaches discipline and useful life skills
Challenge
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2018
I did not mind working at raising canes don’t get me wrong I enjoyed most people I was working with but some things there made me want to leave it was a little unorganized and I wasn’t paid enough
It’s all what you make out of it
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2018
Raising Cane’s can either be your go to place or your worst enemy. You can meet some amazing people and make the best out of it or let the job overtake you.
Pros
50% off meals, flexible schedules
Cons
No breaks, repetitive
Fun
Kitchen cook/ kitchen lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2018
A GOOD company just needs improvement wish I could of been higher up in the company but it wasn't for me I do not wish bad on the company just new to improve
Fun work place.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
A good place to work at. Have fun but also stay focus. Management is good. Workplace culture is fun but make the perfect box.
The hardest part about the job is a fast paste work environment. The most enjoyable part abut the job is HAVE FUN!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low retention and poor hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAAugust 8, 2018
When a store is opening up managers will promise to give you the set hours you tell them you needed. However, when the opening traffic dies down you start seeing big cuts in hours. It's normal to receive emails through the week about hours being cut or shifts just being taken away all together which leaves crew members to battle for shift pickups. They tell you how much they care about their crew, but also how they spend too much on labor so the group on shift gets smaller and smaller. A lot of people I was hired with have quit because of how badly their shifts were cut and I think the company is prepared or plans for this. They start hiring new people so they can avoid giving anyone too many hours that would allow them to get benefits. It is always a red flag when you have large amounts of people quitting and finding new jobs because of how poor the hours are. They also expect small groups to handle large workloads that are better suited for more people in order to save money.
Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 8, 2018
This was SO much fun! The company itself is very friendly and everyone employed is lovely. It's fast paced yet fun and they make sure youre happy as well. i loved working there and i really recommend.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO galleriaAugust 7, 2018
Raising Canes is a good place to work at because it different from other fast food restaurants. It nice you get raises every six months. It just I didn’t get enough hours there
Pros
Discount nice environment
Cons
No breaks and not a lot of hours
Very chill workplace
Restaurant image (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 7, 2018
I love my job and have loved it since the beginning. They are very flexible with a lot and work with you to work for them. Raises can be given every 6 months if deserved and it’s very easy!
Poor management. Great crew members.
Fry Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSAugust 6, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. GM was unwilling to work with anyone unless it was his way. One good manager who actually understood us. Management is the reason I left and I would never go back.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Unhelpful managers. Bad leadership. No advancement in company.
Fun and relaxing work culture
Cashier/ Fry cook (Current Employee) –  Watson, LAAugust 4, 2018
Very fun and relaxed culture. Enjoy working there a lot.
I just wish that when a crew member asks to try a new position or to try for a promotion like bird specalists, that the managers would help make sure that the goal of the crew member gets accomplished. Not saying every store has this problem, but I feel that the store I work at needs to solve this problem. Otherwise I love working there.
Pros
Fun, relaxed enviornment, casual uniform, and awesome crew
Cons
Pay, and advancement in company
competitive and standard-crazed
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 4, 2018
Raising Canes has some of the highest standards in the fast-food chain. With little items on their menu, they pour their blood, sweat and tears into ensuring that they are the cleanest, friendliest, and most advanced of the chicken joints. They "take pride in what they do; Fast, Clean, Friendly and Have Fun" The culture is out of this world! They really know how to make you feel like you are a part of the family! The majority of the management team is there for you and is willing to help you with whatever you need. But, like any other workplace, there are inconsistencies with training and the way that things are run. At the end of the day, as long as you don't have rent, it's a great place to work!
Pros
Healthcare plan and the culture
Cons
training inconsistencies and low pay-to-work ratio
Poor Management
CASHIER/ DRIVE THRU (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 3, 2018
Management in this company was very poor. They normally scheduled too many employees and always sent someone home early. Sometimes they would schedule 3 hour days. However, everyone, management including, was overall pretty polite and caring of your needs and wants outside of work as well.
Pros
half off on meals when working, not very strict phone rules
Cons
lack of hours
Management ruined work experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 3, 2018
The food at Raising canes is great , the customer service is great, but the culture amongst employees and management is not so great. I wouldn’t recommend working at the Raising Canes I worked at.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers
Not a bad place to work for a kid.
Fry cook, cashier, and certified trainer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 2, 2018
If your you d and in school canes is great but as an adult who needs a living wage you just can't make it at canes alone, you'd have to have a supplementary job.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No breaks hardly ever
Easy part-time job
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 1, 2018
This is an easy place to work at to collect your check and go home. Typically good for someone in school or just needs extra money. Not for career advancement because it takes awhile for management to notice or move you up.
The working environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 1, 2018
Honestly working at canes wasn’t all that bad for a first time job. Some managers cared others didn’t care at all. There was harassment and poor workmanship.
Pros
Getting a paycheck.
Cons
No free food. Harassment and bullying.
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 31, 2018
A typical day of work was stressful. To get every single order exactly perfect is a stretch, but we did it. To multitask and prep several orders at once is challenging, yet it helps you to focus more and become more alert as well. Management was very good. The hardest part of the job is working fast and multitasking as well. The enjoyable part was on the clock breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raising Canes. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

74out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raising Canes.

Powered by Comparably