Raising Canes Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,110 reviews
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 19, 2018
I met allot of goods people at canes it was hard getting use to the drive thru conaidering it was my first job but I got it down packed wasn't so hard after the first few days I trained
Pros
50 percent off
Cons
Stinks
Very good job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAOctober 17, 2018
Raising Canes is a really good job, they have flexible hours and work with you like you would want any job to. They are very nice, gentle and very understanding when it comes to your family
Pros
They’ll go around what your able to work and not able to work
Cons
Not paid enough
Canes
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 17, 2018
very busy on your toes a lot. restocking and replenish foods used when busy. management is great always around when you need them. hardest part is staying clean. I enjoyed working in drive thru or cashier.
relaxed environment
CREW MEMBER AT RAISING CANES (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 16, 2018
I love working here. Everyone I work with has been a team player even the managers.it depends on what store you work at and how well YOU get along with people but I enjoy my coworkers. The only downside is hangry customers and people not wanting to pick up shifts or help if you are sick
quick paced
Cashier-Cook, Raising Canes (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
Overall it was a great experience if your looking for something fast and stressful. The managers do have favoritism, and they don't really pay attention to family emergencies or last minute set backs.
Very crew oriented.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 16, 2018
Pros
50%off food. Crew parties. Free food for meetings
Cons
Ive worked night shift for two years and they keep putting off changing my schedule.
Okay place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 14, 2018
Favoritism in the work place , very fast pace , lots of teamwork but also competitive. Not very professional some managers are okay . Cool for you first job
Ughhh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 14, 2018
When I started at Canes it was fun and I loved my job even though the pay sucked. But when they started bringing in the wrong people it went downhill fast and hard. Lost 5 employees in less then a week 4 of which were the strongest team memebers. I was one of the ones that left
Pros
50% meal when working if you get a break
Cons
Management went downhill and they are not being picky enough with who they hire
Fun but fast paced workplace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 14, 2018
Fast paced environment,must be on the go and pay attention,must be stay on the move and keep eyes open for customers who need help or crew members who need assistance.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Shifty schedules
Stressful environment with stressful managers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2018
I've worked at Raising Canes for almost 3 years now. Some of the managers have been awesome, but a lot of them have just been a mess. The company itself is a lot to handle. lots of ridiculous cleaning ( i know its a job and cleaning is required but some of it is just ridiculous). We have a new position that gets a increase in pay (its $1 more per hour, but your only scheduled that position for 2 hrs. And then after scrubbing on your hands and knees you have to come back and deal with rude customers complaining that the sauce you pump every single day is $.35) to do a list of cleaning tasks. The managers still give it to the regular paid crew members and expect them to do the work. They make us do a million things at once and then yell at us when the times in our drive thru get over 3 minutes. Overall, its very stressful and it used to be fun, but now walking into the doors is just different. I have been looking for a new job, but one just hasn't yet come my way. Wish me luck......

Want to know more about Raising Canes?

Ask a question
Very Fast paced
Canes Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LAOctober 11, 2018
Workplace culture at raising canes is amazing. And the people that I worked with were phenomenal. However management changed often and weren't always in the most friendly moods. It is a very fast paced and detail oriented restaurant that is fun at first but after a long time becomes very repetitive and tiring.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, scheduling
It's ok
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 9, 2018
It's decent. The work is well ... work. It's sort of well worth it. The people are cool some of the time. They shift back and fort so don't get too attached.
One of the most stressful jobs I've ever had.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
The job started out okay, but the manager definitely had favorites and you could tell exactly who they were. The workers were catty and I stayed to myself, but whenever coworkers would fight they would try to force you to pick sides. It was nothing but pure drama and the manager was terrible. She would constantly get on you about everything like taking too long to clean tables when the lobby was empty. Way too stressful for the pay. Not worth it at all. The only thing that made this job worth it was the customers.
Pros
Discounts and nice customers.
Cons
The manager.
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 8, 2018
as raising canes being my second job i loved it more than my first . their was so many nice people and all the employees and customers were nice . no one ever mistreated me in any way it was my favorite job so far .
Pros
great people
Cons
too far for me
Fun workplace, but very political
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 7, 2018
The work was very easy, but the business is ran off politics.
They have high standards which is good.
The workplace is laid back and fun. You can wear any color solid print pant. So uniforms were fun to change up.
great place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 6, 2018
amazing customer service employee benefits friendly service good training schedules management and staff are easy to work with flexible hours and there's always things to do to move up
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
no cons
Productive and family like environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 6, 2018
The managers are super nice and understanding. The work is fun and challenging at the same time. All crewmembers are treated fairly and most of the time are considered family.
Fun and busy
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 6, 2018
Raising canes is a fun and busy place . They are all ways busy with students from college . It's a cool and friendly place to work . I would mainly recommend teenagers to work there or people in school they are great at working around your schedule.
Fairly great.
Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2018
Very fun job, great experiences. Not enough hours due to tight schedule. Easy and simple tasks given. The discounts aren’t really much. All employees were friendly!
Pros
Free drink.
Cons
Not enough hours.
It was okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXOctober 2, 2018
When Canes first opened I was working 20 or more hours a week but when it started to slow down I was working one day a week. They wouldn’t let me work in the kitchen or at drive thru because they had favorites. That’s why I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raising Canes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight