Raising Canes Employee Reviews

Found 1,223 reviews matching the search See all 1,224 reviews
Loved it
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 21, 2019
I loved working with this company. Fast friendly service, teammates worked together and made the day go through easier. Some managers were the best and then a few had favoritism that was not fair to employees
Great introduction to the service industry.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Overall raising canes does a good job preparing their staff for the challenges of the food industry, and I would recommend this job. The work enviornment was very fast paced and organization was a crucial part of the job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Not enough hours
Easy to work job but no hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJanuary 19, 2019
The job itself is fairly easy and doesn’t require much effort. The only bad part is terrible management and scheduling. Don’t expect to work more than 7 hours a day or more than 20 a week.
Great Work Place, Cool Crew
Waiter (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2019
Good Job, Great culture . Management did a good job of advancements. Very Hogh Paced work Every Single day, proved i can work just about any other hogh paced job.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 17, 2019
It’s a really nice place to work. Everyone is nice and respectful towards one another. Nice environment to work in. The managers and employees are very encouraging.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours to work
Fun Environment
Shift Manager (Promoted) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Fun environment. Place room to grow and advance. The work/life balance is great. We also received all major holidays off and paid holidays when you became a manager.
Productive environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 17, 2019
I like the environment due to working on campus but because of management it's easy to feel overworked due to unhappy employees. If there were more employees and being crossed trained better it would be worth sticking around.
Fun place to work
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I am currently a GM of Canes and is a amazing company to work for. Starting from CEO down everyone is amazing. Flexible work schedules and great compensation. Also lots of great Canes love.
The Pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 14, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Cane's, the management was friendly and understanding, my co-workers were amazing and the job was pretty simple. However, the pay was the thing that caused me to leave, the pay advancements were extremely slow and not very high. One of my co-workers has been working there for almost 2 years and was only making $8.50, which is a pay rate that would be difficult to live off of, so I needed to find some place where the pay was more reasonable and the raises were significant.
Pros
Fun work environment, friendly managment
Cons
Pay, sometimes stressful work flow
Fun working environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 13, 2019
While I was at Raising canes there would be days where the work will be slow paced but mostly fast paced, great working environment, they took us on trips for absolutely no cost .
Pros
Discounts off your food
Cons
No breaks
friendly enviorment
Food Prep/Cook (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2019
a typical day would start at 10:00am we prep food then id say we'd get about 2 or 3 customers then around 10:30 a few more will come in our rush is during 12-2. What I learned is good leadership skills and good communication skills the management is chill and understanding if you need time off or more training on a certain position. Sometimes the hardest part is keeping up during the rush period everything moves so fast you can get confused with the tickets very easily the most enjoyable part is the staff is very friendly so you can make friends fast and they will help train on positions also
Pros
yes free meals during break
Cons
no paid off days
The best
Cashier and Prep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2019
One of the best companies I ever work for it was more then just a job we was a family. Anything I can go to my manager and they would understand. You can move up fast
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No rehire
Not bad
Bird Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 12, 2019
This location has the best gm probably in all of texas. Unfortunately her om is power hungry and picks favorites. If your not a favorite, watch out. He will get you fired. The pay is good, very clean! Everyone is pretty nice. But even if they aren't nothing gets done about it. So you better have thick skin.
Pros
Discounts, tiff
Cons
Power hungry oms. Lazy employees
It was okay
Cashier; Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHJanuary 11, 2019
It was fine other than working me for very inconsistent hours and 40 hours a week form a minor, i did not have the time to work that much as i had school to go to also.
Could've been much better and more understanding
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2019
The management team lacked understanding of those of us who were in school and trying to still maintain a job. They could've understand people's situations more.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
No breaks or understanding
Productive fun workplace
Fry Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 11, 2019
Positive work environment. Capable of advancing to the top. Employee oriented.Great place to work coming out of high school. Very flexible schedule. Perfect!
Raising canes was great for a forst time job and fun place to work.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 10, 2019
I loved my time at raising canes and there are always ways to advance. It really feels like a family while working there. I would recommend this to a friend who was looking for work.
Very good enviroment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Love the job everyone is respectful and helpful and work together as one. Managers always help you if you ask and there is nothing you won't have trouble on anything.
stressful but fun
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cottleville, MOJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Raising Canes can be okay and fun. It depends on the manager that is working. Its stressful and when you work there a lot, you get bored...
Pros
50% food, eat a little when its slow
Cons
No breaks, treated poorly, favoritism
Hardest Part of The Job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the rush hours. Rush hours are the times of the day where customer traffic is the heaviest. Dealing with the constant flow of customers gets difficult due to our maximum drive time number is 2:45. If the timer for the drive thru gets above the number the manager will come and bother you and possible kick you off your station due to your "lack of production"
Pros
Great managers and a great time while working
Cons
Crewmembers spread rumors about one another

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raising Canes. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raising Canes.

Powered by Comparably