Rakuten Employee Reviews

Relaxed workplace ideal for working
E-COMMERCE CONSULTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaOctober 4, 2017
Morning meetings, strong working culture, and I had an excellent internship with Rakuten. My supervisor and manager were both excellent mentors in guiding me. I had learned ample from their experience, and interactions with other merchants.
Japanese Culture
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 17, 2017
Japanese management style ran the company into the ground. Director after director kept promising to turn the company around and as they cycled through nothing ever changed and the company went from profitable to less and less profitable. They were clueless about doing business in America.
Needs new management, Good
Loader (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 1, 2016
Crew there was friendly, good training, its in need of new Management, Always stuff to do to keep you busy, needs room for advancement
Productive workplace and fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYAugust 20, 2015
Rakuten is a good place to work, just not for me. My co-workers were very friendly after I was there for a couple weeks. The hardest part of the job was moving as fast as management wanted. Sometimes it was not as easy as management thought.
Pros
Good perks and rewards for meeting numbers
Cons
healthcare was too expensive
Buy.com was recently acquired by Rakuten.
Vice President, Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 28, 2013
Great company to work for. I've learned very much from the recent acquisition by Rakuten. The management team is good, however we have had a lot of turnover in the previous months. The teams are awesome, but often under staffed. The best part of the job is the teams.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Small teams