Raleigh-durham Airport Authority Employee Reviews

self chosen schedule
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 25, 2018
customer focused service business company, Transporting customers to their destination safe and with high level customer service. Bringing back customers to Airport.
Excellent place to work
IS System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2018
Very little turnover, due to a sense of stability and a good work-pace. A recent wage analysis adjusted employees wages to the medium for the area and for each profession.
Pros
weather related non work days, telecommute is possible in some areas, collaborative environment
Cons
none comes to mind
Customer Support
Package Handler (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2017
Excellent customer support and services team player.Load and unload packages onto or from company vehicles, trailers, pallets, conveyor system carts and aircraft
containers in a safe and efficient manner.
Ensure the use of safety procedures when handling packages.
Read package information (address, barcode and label) to determine where to look for package.
Pick packages from storage areas and ensure that the information provided coincides with work orders.
Lift, carry, push and pull packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts.
Determine the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying
numbers and sorting packages accordingly.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Fun Place to Work
IS Manager (Current Employee) –  RDUAugust 1, 2017
Working for the airport is fast-paced and fun. Great technology and people. Wide variety of projects to work on. Always the opportunity to make great improvements.
Pros
Great benefits, technology and people
Cons
Small company limits rapid upward advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 24, 2017
Stay focused on your job no matter what is going on around you. The airport gets very busy so it easy to get distracted. As long as you do your job management will work with you.
a great place to work and learn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 9, 2016
A normal day at work begin with ascertaining the good working condition of equipment used. The organization of the work area is followed before doors open. Arriving customers are directed to the right places. They will be greeted and their return processed.
This position has taught me a lot about people. Few two customers will have the same reaction in the same situation. Moreover I have learn a lot about myself as I was learning to put the customers’ needs first.
Most people in the management team are helpful and ready to assist. With the management example many of the co-workers are really team workers.
Although it is hard to work outside exposed to all weather elements, this job is fulfilling anytime that I am able to make a positive difference in one customer’s life.
Excellent Place to Work
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 13, 2015
Amazing place to work with great benefits! Provides a unique experience and the Authority truly takes care of their own. Would recommend this as a place to work for anyone interested or not!
Poorly run department by people with no real police experience.
Police (Former Employee) –  AOCMarch 20, 2015
Ever wonder why this position is always posted on here? This is a dead end job, for rookies just out of BLET, or washed up former troopers and SBI agents. I would rather work at G4S.
Great experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 31, 2015
This was my first experience at a Full Service hotel. The managers and staff made it very easy to learn the processes. The mangers took great care of their associates but Supervisor were treated like Managers and only received bonuses twice a year and only if the targets were met.
Productive, fast paced and enjoyable experience
Airport Lot Driver (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 29, 2014
Moved cars to different places on the lot, drove vehicles to the ready line area and parked for easy access by customers, drove vehicles through cleaning and servicing facility.
I learned that you have to satisfy customers needs in any way possible. It was also very fun working as a team and with the management, they made it a better experience for me.
The hardest part of the job was staying on a time schedule to get the car and park it in the ready line area in time for availability for the customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs and working as a team with my coworkers.
Not a bad place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  RDU Airport, NCAugust 26, 2014
Working for an airport is certainly a different place and exciting place to be. Similar technologies used elsewhere are used in different applications here.

Currently many processes under review, making doing some things very difficult at times.
it was my first job at the USA
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2014
it was a good job for student because it has more free time where you can do your school assignment
Have the potential to be great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2013
I had the BEST co-workers in the world... for the most part. I really wouldn't trade them for the world. Management was the worst! The supervisor was our leader but was COMPLETELY LOST when it comes to what it takes and mean to do our job. And the one above him wasn't much different. I always belied that in order to be a leader you must know and actually communicate with your crew. A good leader don't get his crew to do his work that was given to him them pass it off as if it was his hard work that run the department. favoritism can break a team no matter how many talented people you employ. Everyone must be treated equally. The equipment that we had was outdated... So outdated that most of it you couldn't find it on the market and we always have to pay extra just to slip a band-aid on a problem instead of just get down tot he problem and solving it. I was given such a hard time when I got pregnant that my stress level went up. My supervisor was a complete jerk and got worse when I had complications! But besides the management, and no room for advancement, and working with outdated equipment working at RDU was the best job I had in my life.
Pros
GREAT co-workers, and the easiest job I ever had!
Cons
Poor manangement, bad equipment, and no room for advancement
Coordinator of Part-time Law Enforcement Services (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham Airport, Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2012
Supervised and oversee the daily operations of the part time law enforcement division. Provided law enforcement support to the Transporation Security Administration.