Raleigh Neurology Associates, P.A. Employee Reviews

Very reliable and fun place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 27, 2018
I love Raleigh Neurology. Management is great and so are the providers. I love my coworkers. I have good hours and have worked hard to earn my position. They have taught me well and let me grow.
fast paced work which is great for learning new medical experiences
Concussion Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2018
A typical day for me would be coming into work at 7:30am. We generally had two patients already in the office testing. I'd be working to execute concussion test with my manager back to back. Some days were incredibly busy we didn't have time to really catch a breath because we had 22 patients. Other days we'd have only two people scheduled the whole 8 hour work period. When no one comes in there is not much to do beside prepping for another busier day. Overall the patients experience here is incredible. I would usually work until 4:30pm. My boss would often leave at 3:30pm depending on the patient load for that day.
Pros
free lunches at times, pay was good, patients were amazing, the pediatric doctors were good
Cons
poor management, low benefits
Good Place to work
MRI Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Raleigh Neurology is a great place to work. They back their staff when it counts the most. It is very fast paced and things are constantly changing. They really care for their patients and put them first.
Pros
Free lunches and ice cream socials from time to time
Cons
short breaks
Doctors and employees are wonderful
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2018
Management is the only issue, they are very dysfunctional. It is unfortunate. Doctors are so kind. Employees and patients are wonderful. It is very busy daily. But so many days it is so worth it. I love the Doctor I work for.
Friendly work environment but very hectic workload
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 25, 2018
Extremely hectic workload depending on what providers you are assigned to. I was assigned one of the busiest providers in the practice whose schedule was always full with patients every 15 minutes and he double-booked a lot. I was responsible for rooming his patients as well as his mid level’s patients. So at times when he was double booked I was responsible for rooming his two patients as well as the mid level’s even though I’m only one person so it’s impossible to be in 3 rooms at one time. The nurse assigned to the providers is very lazy and would never help room the patients instead she did patient callbacks and medications refills. Upper management put the RN’s on this pedal stool as if rooming patient’s was not their job even when there were 4,5, even 6 patients waiting at times. I’ve always understood that the patient’s in the office took precedence to callbacks but maybe I’m wrong. A new clinic flow is definitely needed because the medical assistants get extremely burned out due to hectic workloads. I wouldn’t recommend this job to MA’s but I would recommend it for RN’s because it’ll be easy going.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly work environment
Cons
Very hectic workload, a lot of favoritism towards certain employees
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 9, 2018
This a good place to work as there are several educational opportunities for you to learn more about what a neurology practice is. Turnover rate is high
Excellent staff
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 29, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for Raleigh Neurology because of the work vibe and my staff. Everyone takes care of not only the patients, but the work flow is shared as a team. We each have our own providers that we work for, but we all help one another out.
Why I stay at Raleigh Neurology
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2018
For the past 10 years of my employment at Raleigh Neurology I have seen many changes which have greatly benefited our patients and the staff. One of those changes has been in management. RNA now has an open door policy with their managers. I know if I need to speak with my manager, their door is always open. The COO is very personable as well and is willing to jump in to help if an issue is at hand and a manager is not available. I feel that my concerns are heard and managers are very willing to work with the employee to solve the issue. Another change is the work environment throughout the practice. Recent changes have established an emphasis on team work throughout the practice and between departments. This has greatly helped the entire practice grow together as we have grown in number. There is a new focus on increasing ones knowledge through lunch and learns or additional training for new skills. This new focus does not lose sight of the great impact that our employee’s personal history and knowledge base brings to RNA. In fact this is seen as a benefit for the practice and employees are encouraged to speak up if they know a better way in accomplishing a task.

A very positive change from the past is the development of a “pod” system for clinic. The Pod is made up of 2-4 MDs, their midlevels, nurses, MAs, and a medical records employee. This structure offers excellent support to nursing staff, especially when an employee is new to the practice. The pod works as a team to make sure that our very busy clinic runs smoothly.

For me personally as a parent I really
  more... enjoy the work life balance found in a clinic setting (working 8-5, no weekends, no on call). My hours allow me to have a home life that was not possible working 12 hour shifts in the hospital. I also love to be busy and challenged at work and also know that I daily make a difference in patients’ lives. This is why I stay at RNA.

RNA is a great place to work and I would (and have) recommended it to others.
Pros
Supportive staff, work life balance, emphasis on learning
Fun place to work
Medical Coder/Biller-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2018
It was a fun work place with good life work balance but pay benefits were not up to the market. No future career advancement but work environment was encouraging.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Low salary benefits
CMA Beware
CMA (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at work? Rooming patients, taking vitals, rooming some more. Working for ungrateful people who let you know just how ungrateful they are on a daily basis, sometimes hourly basis.
Management? Well, I agree with most others. This place is in need of a change.
Workplace Culture? How to delicately put it...a joke.
The hardest part of the job? Dealing with ungrateful management on top of the sometimes ungrateful patients. But in healthcare, you always have to expect some patients to be ungrateful.
The most enjoyable part of my job? Leaving at 4pm.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment needed
Good for a notch in your belt
Secretary/Receptionist to Clinical (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 15, 2017
RNA is a good place to gain experience if you're just getting started. Working here provided me with opportunities to do a little bit of everything. That is how your hard work is rewarded. You get to do more and more... The CEO is VERY personable and knows nearly, if not every, employee by name. However, he is NOT the go to for lower level employees so unless you are a provider he can't/won't help you. HR is a joke, literally a laugh out loud joke! And the managers overall consist of the "inner circle". They are clueless about the peoples' jobs they're in charge of. The majority of them are NOT management material at all. If you are lucky enough to get into a department where the team actually cares about each other, as I did, you'll enjoy this company. As long as you never actually need anything from management you'll be fine for a while here. But the days of you working here into retirement and getting out with your dignity intact are long gone (And I'm an 80's baby). I watched them phase out the older generation, lay them off, demote them, and shove them in hidden corners (not offices) throughout the building.
Pros
Lunches, decent benefits, AWESOME patients, job experience
Cons
Management, high turnover, can be cut throat, seniority means NOTHING
Supportive, Family-Friendly Workplace
Non Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 8, 2017
RNA has been an amazing employer.
In my many roles over the years, I have been allowed to fully demonstrate my skills in a multitude of areas, but most especially with patients and coworkers. Management has only improved over time and therefore the culture surrounding our daily lives with our work family. The practice has grown threefold since I began and everyone has worked very hard to keep up with that demand. This can do attitude by the majority of staff has been what has allowed us to work through these growing pains and continue to offer exceptional service to our community. Fast growth can be hard for some and it's been wonderful to see coworkers show that they can change and adapt to meet the need. There's always a fine line to tread due to ever changing insurance and regulations but through it all, I feel RNA keeps the patient as the focus.
I look forward to seeing ever positive changes in the years to come!
Pros
lunches, staff functions
Cons
increasing workload, constant insurance changes
Clerical (Current Employee) –  RaleighSeptember 7, 2017
Raleigh Neurology is a great place to work with friendly physicians and staff. My team is amazing, and I get great satisfaction from bringing a smile to our patient's faces. Management is very engaged with staff.
Needs a change of culture
CMA (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2017
Being a medical assistant here proves to be challenging. In management's perspective, you are essentially a body that puts other bodies into rooms, and you better accomplish that quickly and move on to the next. Taking pride and/or initiative is often looked down upon. You are never thanked for all that you do, rather degraded for all that you didn't do. Being a CMA that has spent 2 years in school, and taken my own state board test to get certified...this job is insulting. You can do and be so much more than they allow, and they find you as a threat if you try to do go above and beyond to do your job. They want you to be "brilliant at basics" only, this is not an exaggeration...that is in the mission/vision statement. I will say that if you are lazy and would like to have a job that just rooms patients and spends the duration online shopping, texting, or checking your facebook feed...then this is the job for you. You may even get nominated as employee of the month for it. I came from a practice where nurses didn't exist, and this place is the reason I have returned to such an environment. The annoying nurse stereotype is real at this place. Furthermore, you are treated as if you are replaceable...and trust me...you are. The amount of turnover in this establishment is overwhelming, yet no one seems to be looking into why this occurs so often. I'll tell you, it's because you're a medical assistant and no one cares. Talking to management is like talking to a wall, one may be more effective than the other (hint: it's the wall).
Career advancement is non-existent unless your last
  more... name happens to be that of the CEO and/or someone who is already a supervisor, so good luck with that. Standard 3%-4% raise yearly, even if you do more than is asked of you...so don't strain yourself, it's not necessary or rewarded. In fact, the only thing that is rewarded is pure laziness and sometimes accomplishing your job...but nothing more.
So just remember, you are a lowly medical assistant. RNA would be amazed if you could walk and chew gum at the same time, but as long as you can room patients and take vitals...that is all that is required, and this is the job for you.
Pros
Leave at 4pm.
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Fast-Paced & Challenging
Medical Secretary & Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 25, 2017
Raleigh Neurology strives to demonstrate compassion and provide superior healthcare to improve the lives of their patients. Being here, you learn to focus on the patient and do what is in your power to help them the best way possible. It is great working here. The CEO walks around every so often and says "Hi" to you personally. It is not one of those companies, where you never meet who you work for. The Call center is takes in a high quantity of calls. In a day, I can take about 150-200 calls. The stressful part can be trying to figure what exactly the patient is asking for or what they need. Every day, patients call in with different requests, so you're always on your toes, learning new things, and procedures. The most enjoyable part of job is how friendly and flexible the company. And if your lifestyle changes, the company will work with you and put you in a different position that works around your goals.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Schedules, Great Benefits, Hardworking Managers
Cons
Stressful patients, The doctors can be booked for months
co workers were like family
Medical Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2017
great place to work but alot of higher management seemed to whisper alot. they would feed the employees from time to time and they had fun during Halloween and Christmas Bonuses were nice
ok place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Not enough help to take care of the patients. I feel like its not about patient care at all but about the all mighty dollar.
Enjoy pharmacy & customers...need a change of atmosphere
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJuly 30, 2014
Very face paced environment and deal with a lot of difficult patients. I have learned to be very patient as you never know what someone has gone through before coming into our business. Always wear a smile and being nice can be one of the most difficult part of my position as we deal with the public. Enjoy most of my co-workers...which in retail you can have a change in people you work with periodically. I conduct myself in a professional manner even if i do not agree with another co-worker. We are there to provide a service. I do enjoy working with people and concerned for their health issues. Enjoy that many customers will go out of their way just as i do to say hello or ask for me because i have earned their trust.
Pros
Benefits, 401, and 4 weeks of vacation along with full time work
Cons
Hours keep getting cut with no time being given to get tasks completed, difficult to take time off with lack of qualified coverage, schedule changes weekly, no breaks other than lunch, consistancy is an issue, favortism
Raleigh Neurology was a wonderful opportunity to continue to flourish in the medical field.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2014
I enjoyed working closely with the co-workers. Everyone was a team player and contribute to the greater good of the company.
Poor Management
former employee (Former Employee) –  RaleighNovember 16, 2012
The management is the worst I have ever seen; they have people there doing a job that they are not even qualified for or capable of doing. Most of the doctors don’t really care about their patients only the $$ and if you have any concerns or problems don’t go to HR because they are not there to help you. They have two departments the Adult and Pediatrics and if you get stuck working in the Peds you will regret every day your there. The supervisor is the worst and she is very back stabbing and talks to other employees about other employees. The most unprofessional place to work.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
to many to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raleigh Neurology Associates, P.A.. Our community is ready to answer.

Raleigh Neurology Associates, P.A. Reviews by Location