Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill
63Average

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Employee Reviews

United States624 reviews
It’s a nice company to work for they have great benefits they work very well with your schedule most of the management is easy-going and great to work with the customers are awesome the employees are really fun and it’s like a family when you’re there at work there’s always something to do
Working at raley's is no like many other grocery store jobs because the employees are very close knit, which is a good thing and a bad thing. If you really want to feel like you belong here, you have to be down with the herd, so in that sense it's just like any other store. But if you have an ounce of charisma, some self discipline and willingness to improve, you will find it a rewarding place to work regardless of your department.
The main customer base of the store is elderly, and it is frustrating sometimes helping customers out on the touchscreen to pay, or dealing with people that are too high & mighty to wear a mask like the rest of us.

As far as breaks go, the managers can be strict about it, but there's a good reason, and that's because other people depend on you getting back from break on time so they can go to lunch, or go home, or go on their break. So I don't blame the managers for that.

If you're a courtesy clerk like me, the workload can be overbearing at times. Some days im bagging for 8 hours straight, other days im wiping carts for the whole day, but I try not to complain. Most days the workload starts easy, gets tough, then goes back to being easy again. Maybe by the end of the day you'll get time to do gobacks, stock a shelf or do some other task where you can just tune out and enter your flow state.

If you are not at some level physically fit and you start working here as a courtesy clerk, you will be sore in the legs, back and shoulders the first few days, but you get used to it very quick.
Pros
Easy to feel like you belong, cultivates discipline in your life
Cons
Short breaks, heavy workload at times, difficult customers.
my typical day starts at 11pm and involves breaking down and working the loads for that day as well as managing the ordering system to correct mistakes and place special orders then preparing the store for opening by facing and merchandising displays.
I don't have anything i would like to say. And choose not to, I don't like writing reviews thanks. Great place to start your first job. Not to big of a store.
Raleys is a good place to work at for those just getting started in their adult life. they're relaxed, chilled, and easy to work with. You have a legitamate problem at work, they are willing to listen.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I like the way they used to do it they used to give you a raise every 500 hours now you have to wait months maybe years to get a raise. And I also think that the pay should go off of their work skills and your motivation in the company
Too much favoritism. Not really interested in your success unless you are a part of the “in” crowd. Management is too friendly instead of taking care of business.
Personal needs are not really considered unless you are the favorite.
I really like working with co workers Everyone was so close like a family, and there wasn’t too much problems with the managers or anyone in general
We all worked together as a team
typical day is continuous work low standby time
I learned the inventory control system.

Management works with you not against you

workplace culture was diverse, like one big family

There was no hard part of my job, I loved going to work

I enjoyed cross culture conversations and learning others points of view
In a short time there I felt like family. The store director was amazing and so supportive. One of the physically toughest jobs I have ever had, but also one of the best. Great employees and great customers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill?
This company is great to Work for.
Constantly open to help you succeed

Works well with flexibility and any other obligations you may have

Highly recommended working for

Positive working environment
It was all very easy tasks to perform. As long as you showed up on time and completed the tasks under your time, you had nothing to worry about. You were never expected to perform tasks out of your position title. It was very enjoyable work.
The hours are nice, and you can always ask other employees to take their shifts for extra pay.
Nice, flexible work schedule.

Benefits are really well too.

Can't say much about management, they're fine as they are.

Not a place I'd want to retire from or spend too much time in, but money is money and work is work.

The pay is on the lower end of the spectrum, but minimum pay isn't minimum work, minimum pay is minimum experience needed.
I worked for this company for 40 years since high school and it’s been a great job but I’d like to retire and try something else. I’ve learned so much and worked many different departments.
Raleys has it's bright spots, but the management is not very mindful of employee happiness at all. I have been promised multiple things that have not come through. It seems like people are talking behind eachothers back all the time
Raley's was promising but care far more about customer satisfaction that employee well-being. They were short staffed for quite awhile and over-worked many of the college students.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Rough on college students
First day I went in. I bumped into a manager (by accident). While having a great conversation.Fully unaware. She put in a good word and I got the job within a week. A negative experience that I could talk about is having to work during the fire, outside. While smoke and ash was falling from the sky, pushing carts.
Worked for the company as an eCart team member and was not given any training. The eCart team is overworked, and it takes more than two people to bring customer orders out. There’s not enough time for two people to smoothly deliver orders, especially when multiple orders have to be delivered at the same time. Half of management is lenient and willing to help correct any mistakes that occurs, while the other half of management constantly has to pressure employees to speed up their work and doesn’t seem to care about mistakes.
Its productive hard work and fun workplace with co-workers and great customers. There is a lot of heavy lifting and skills to be organized and rotate foods.
Benefits
Cons
no day shifts available, i work nights and weekends
Working in night crew didn't give me the full spectrum of how things went for most of our employees, but my coworkers that I saw pretty much every day were very friendly and gave me critical advice that assured my success in the workplace.
Pros
union benefits, weekly paycheck
Cons
not much room for advancement.
I picked a 3 due to cutting my hours to 4 hours a day and driving 25 miles each way. Management was far. The store didn’t have team skills. So I left.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight