Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Employee Reviews

nice people if you needed help anyone will help you
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMarch 15, 2019
The usual day at work would be me coming in and checking the restrooms and after the restrooms are checked ill go outside and bring the carts back in and then after ill go to a cash register and help pack groceries or help people to their car with their groceries
Okay for your first job
E-Commerce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2019
I couldn't imagine working here as long as some people (20+ years). The amount of stress that is put on personal shoppers is ridiculous. I understand trying to make Raley's at the top for online orders, but they really should focus on the problems first before pushing more and more orders. There is a lot of issues that end up causing more stress on you. You need to be an expert at multitasking with quick deadlines because it will occur that you are left alone or having to balance trying to train new coworkers while being on strict deadlines. While all of that is occurring the phone will be going off repeatedly and you must answer. Then you have to deal with upset customers because coworkers accidentally messed up something on their orders and others calling to complain about their orders being late. The phone will also be going off for customers here for their pickup and the delivery drivers. Then while you're shopping, customers love to ask you questions or chat while you're shopping quickly. If you're short with them then they will complain about us being rude.
There's only so much a person can do. Also, scheduling is ridiculous. If you've been there longer than a year and a half you will get pretty stable hours. Anything less, you'll be shocked when you get anything over 24 hours. Then if you get a decent shift, someone will complain to management about how they want it and they'll schedule the next week with for them with that time, leaving you with a less desirable shift.
Don't bother to ask for help when everything is extremely hectic. They'll tell you no followed by
  more... some excuse. But if a person who's worked there for many years asks for help, they have no problem helping out all of a sudden.
Since I've worked here numerous amounts of people have quit from various departments because of poor management and stress. The ones who haven't quit are looking for a stable job to go to like me.
Pros
Weekly pay, hour long lunch
Cons
Poor management, little hours, high stress
DELI WORKER (Former Employee) –  Incline Village, NVMarch 11, 2019
Very great place to work! best deli I have ever been in, top notch!!!! Best sandwiches and sometimes over 30 fresh salads. The meat selection by far the greatest, meats you cant any where
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
none really
workplace culture
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 6, 2019
Gained great customer service skills and teamwork experience. It was a fun place to work at. The downside of working about working there was a few of the management clerks were not professional.
A Decent Place To Work If You Only Want Part-Time
Customer Service and Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 4, 2019
I guess my main stipulation to working here is that its only really if you want to work part-time, which I made it clear that I didn't, whatsoever. I genuinely try to make it clear I am always available while working, though the Managerial staff doesn't have the pay for a 32 hr. clerk. There are only ever 4 checkers working in a single day, and most, if not all, are part-time. Management is kind and understanding, but they don't have the funds to pay people properly. Coworkers who have been loyal and worked full time for 13 years are being told they have to start working 26 hours a week instead, when this is their only source of income, and I have had an entire month where I only worked about 40 hours. Overall, a positive work environment, but terrible hours.
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2019
Great and excellent employment love getting paid every week and the environment is awesome as well as clean and comfortable. I loved my coworkers great people
Great for the most part. Majority of the co workers were great to work with.
E-Cart/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 24, 2019
For ecart, I had to shop orders using a scanner gun, check to make sure product was in good condition, let customers know of out of stocks, load up orders for customers, and if product left behind, deliver them to their house. For checking, I had to understand how to work the register and memorize codes, regular transactions, checks, and Wic orders.
good pay
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2019
good pay, poor schedule, cool people and job related activities (sports and BBQ's, family days)
Selectors are on call for the first year or 2, you do not know if you work until 2 hours before shift start
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Always keeps me busy and love the energy of the workers , all the workers there are very helpful people they’re also nice when you first meet them and very open and welcoming and are willing to show you around and make you feel like apart of the team and make working there for you a fun and comfortable experience.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Clean Work place. Fellow employees make and effort to help new employees join the Team
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Customer Service is a priority for all. The most enjoyable part about being a courtesy clerk is the interaction with the public. I found that a large amount of the returning customers had shopped at the location I was working for years, because its near their homes.
Pros
Free Bakery Danish or other snacks at differnt times
Cons
Store Management would beenefit from a change

Want to know more about Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill?

Ask a question
Fast-paced work environment with great coworkers and management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I loved working at Raley's. I liked their clientele, employees and their attention to detail.. Lots of my coworkers had been there 5+ years, but it wasn't stimulating enough for me. They are pretty flexible with college students, but around the holidays it was hard to ask for less hours, especially around finals. I would say 90% of my coworkers really liked working there, and the morale was obviously high. The management truly cared about their employees, which you don't see in every business. The turnover was also pretty low, after working there for 9 months I noticed that for such an extensive payroll, there wasn't a large percentage of new employees being hired, except around the holidays which is expected. I think Raley's is a great place to work, and a great grocery store to shop at, if you can afford it.
Pros
Great management, attention to birthdays, achievements, etc.
Cons
Schedule flexibility was sometimes difficult
Very busy place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJanuary 31, 2019
It's a 7 days a week type of business but each workers only allow to work 40 hours a week.
I learned how to make the best sandwich and plus Raley's/Nob Hill does make the best sandwich and deli foods.
Management are great and the workplace is a lively atmosphere.
The wages is very desirable especially the cost of living.
Pros
Best Sandwiches ever
Cons
Wages
Employees are numbers not humans
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2019
They promises a certain wage soon hire, revoke wage at 90 days. Management finds excuses not to give raises. Work days are always unknown. No time to plan for family.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Overworked and under paid
you have to be a robot
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 25, 2019
be the one person who can be 3

work hard
dont trust anyone

do your job
stay out of the drama
if your lucky you have a great manager like i did

do not get hurt on the job
Had to be very people oriented.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 25, 2019
It was a great place to work, especially while raising my kids. They were always pretty good about working around a schedule where I could go on field trips and school functions with my kids. I did meet some of what I like to call extended family members.
Pros
I made a lot of friends.
Cons
The hours and the medical were being cut.
This was a great company to work for.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 22, 2019
I worked full-time at Raleys, all the while attending college full-time. I also had my baby boy during my first year working here. Life was over the top busy for me but the company was family orientated and understanding of my crazy schedule. This was a game changer! The pay/benefits were decent but living in CA was hard in general... which is why we moved to NC. Overall, I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great benefits, good company.
Cons
Pay was not enough for CA living.
Not a fun environment
e-Cart Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 18, 2019
You work way to hard for the amount of money you get paid. Manager likes to push you to your breaking point. not a lot of opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
get to meet people
Cons
over worked, under paid
Fast paced, teamwork environment, always make sure your area of the store looks stocked and ready.
Deli/bakery assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 17, 2019
I started in the deli department on the first closing shift from 10:30am to 7:30pm, there is a seconded person that closes with you that starts at 12:30 pm. The deli team generally all come in at different times so it all runs smoothly all day and there is enough to help for the morning and also closing the deli. When you are down a person or someone isn’t pulling there weight in the department the whole team definitely feels it so being a hard worker, efficient, and a team player is very important. Closing duties and cleaning the department are held to a very high standard and your work does get checked and reported. As long as you do the job how it’s supposed to be done and have good customer service you will have no problem.
Pros
They encourage you to move up in the company and if you want help you make it a career.
Cons
We had several different managers in the deli and bakery department while I was there, constantly changing the way we did things was frustrating.
Eh, really depends on managers
Courtesy Clerk, Checker, Floral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJanuary 13, 2019
>A typical day at work for a Courtesy Clerk was bagging groceries, assisting customers to their cars, sweeping the store (remember to clock your sweep!), get carts, and pick up the phone. When I was a Checker/Floral Assistant, I would check customers out, cash checks, water flowers, manage plants, pump balloons, face items on the shelf, help in the back, and personalize cards or flowers to a customer's liking.
>I learned how to use my coins, produce numbers, organizing shelves, what are good and bad managers, communication skills, managing schedules, asking coworkers and managers about information on the stores and policies, and floral management.
>Management was okay the first 8 months of my job. The head Manager was an understanding man and the Assistant Manager was great. He would listen to me, treat me like a human, thank me for my work, keep things organized, and overall be a joy to work with. After he left and got replaced with a new assistant manager who treated me more like a robot, work became a drag. All employees had to take off their festive wear because it "didn't fit code" even though it was a way to lighten up the store. A new Head Clerk (who was very close to the new manager) tried to get me in trouble for wearing a Union pin on my apron. A senior Head Clerk had my back and gave me permission. The new manager felt more "out to get me" and it was not fun. Work became more like "work" and I began to feel less motivated with my work.
>The workplace was alright. My co-workers were a lot of fun and I enjoyed talking with them. We had some bad courtesy clerks sometimes
  more... but that's always expected. There's always a couple of people who really stink at their job. Just had the typical grocery store rules, nothing really special.
>The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who didn't take no for an answer. I did not talk back at all but I had to sit through a lot of unnecessary scoldings about how the store didn't have Toffee covered almonds, even though I explained and double confirmed with another employee that they're seasonal items.
>Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and my very fun assistant manager. I had a lot of good times with them and everyday was a blast with them. I have multiple stories with them and the either crazy or ridiculous situations we got into. If the same people were working there, back during the holiday of 2013, I wouldn't mind being back at Raley's.
Pros
Weekly paycheck
Cons
No half time on a LOT of holidays, always changing managers
Garbage run away
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Place was garbage, shift supervisor tried to hook up with all the girls in the cake department. Pay was garbage too. Everybody blamed everybody else. Fix everything but don't spend money on repairs. Get it done but no overtime. That place was backwards like crazy run away while you can.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight