Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Employee Reviews

Good experience
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2018
I had a good experience in my time there. Leadership was supportive and there were ample advancement opportunities give that you're able to demonstrate your skillset.
Over all its a good job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 9, 2018
There is a lack of team work in some departments, if coworkers learned how to work as a TEAM and not as an individual duty assignment I think some of the departments would have a better overall performance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a set schedule
It's an okay place to work, until the grocery market gets rough
Payroll Associate I (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2018
It's okay as a workplace: people are generally nice, and there are some on-site amenities in the corporate office (e.g., well-stocked break area, on-site gym); however, grocery has small margins. If the management didn't consistently keep its eye on what they needed to do, things could snowball badly. (As a family-owned company, top management tends to have a lot of the family involved; consequently, they weren't always interested in keeping their eyes on what they needed to do, and would be more interested in pet projects...) The organization is best thought of as a collection of individual units (stores), loosely controlled by a larger entity (corporate office); also remember that stores are union, corporate office is not. If they need to balance budget on the back of payroll, the corporate office will be cut first, sometimes quite deeply.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Privately owned, grocers have very small margins, questionable decision-making
Raley's
Maintenance Dispatcher/Admin (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2018
Good place work for a little bit, maybe for college students. Corporate offices are fun they have several events for the community. The benefits are top class along with the discounts.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 29, 2018
The overall experience was good, but they don't give you many chances to make mistakes on the job before they let you go. The management was pretty fair, and the environment was very nice to work in.
Productive and fun place to work. Great employees and team members, everyone works hard, customer service is great and it’s a healthy environment.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJuly 25, 2018
Raleys is a great place to work. Smiling faces everywhere, along with hard workers. Providing great customer service and assistance throughout the entire store. Helping customers with items or load groceries into their vehicles. Bagging groceries, cleaning spills, arranging products on shelves, and gathering shopping carts.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
10 min break
Flexible schedule and will work with you for time off.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CAJuly 21, 2018
Great place to work. Good people. Steady work full time great benefits positive atmosphere, great pay incentives. Everyone shares in the work load sharing the difficult tasks as well as the easy ones.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very physical
The break room is nice the staff sucked
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 17, 2018
I worked at Raleys for three months in college and all the employees I encountered were unfriendly and difficult to work with. The store manager was hardly ever seen and the assistant managers were rude. I felt so unwelcome working there that I quit. They only gave me 16 hours a week to work and I was only making minimum wage. so a little less than $200 a week. The brake room was very nice however and if you work 6 hours or more you get an hour lunch which was nice. They also offered me medical benefits even though I was only part time.
Fun work place, mostly work around school schedules
Checker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2018
Good work place, however doesn’t expand my knowledge for the field of work i would like to get into (paramedic). Fun atmosphere and place to work considering i grew up in this neighborhood
Hated this place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 8, 2018
Unreliable coworkers, disrespectful and lazy staff, understaffed results in management placing all the work on the lowest paid employees and expecting perfection. No help offered for any task. I was overworked and not respected. Would not recommend to anyone
great company
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
One of the best companies I have worked for. Very organized and fun. Although certain times of year could be very stressful the management defiantly took care of the employees
Fast Paced and Hard labor
WAREHOUSE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2018
The Pay and benies are what keep you here. it is definitely hard work with long hours and weekend work. Be prepared to bust your rear all hours of the day and night.
People are great to work with
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJune 25, 2018
Working there has taught me great skills that I will continue to use in my next job experience. Great coworkers to work with. You get personal training with all that you need help with.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
May only get one short break
Fast paced work environment
Bakery Clerk/Cafe Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJune 20, 2018
I love that raleys was always quick. it made your day go by very fast. There was always something to do. Sometimes it could be too much, but help was always provided.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Heavy work load
Great place to be
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, CAJune 18, 2018
Outstanding customer service, good hours and reliable pay.
Courtesy clerk, friendly environment, friendly staff & customers, there's always something to do.
Employment Review
Systems technician II (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 11, 2018
A typical day at work would be to answer phone calls and respond to emails regarding technical issues employees have with their personal computers, cellular telephones and store cash registers.
Great Co-workers
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 7, 2018
Worked with great people, but the amount of pay for the cost of living in the area was not acceptable. Positive upbeat environment with helping staff and management
Nice people and an easy job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 7, 2018
My typical day started cleaning the check stands while assisting customers with their needs. My coworkers were nice and I never had a problem with management. The hardest part was what you may or may not have had to clean up from people/animals. You'll end up cleaning some nasty stuff. The best part about this job is definitely my coworkers.
Pros
Friendly people, easygoing culture
Cons
Not a lot of opportunities to promote.
Honestly I hated working Here
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAJune 4, 2018
All the clerks were pushy, snobby, rude, and just unpleasant people. The manager rarely came out of his office ,never even smiled or said hello when he was outside.
Pros
Cons
no discounts or benefits
Friendly But Has Issues
Courtesy Clerk/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 29, 2018
The morning staff is always lower than it needs to be, anyone on the clock has to act as almost two people just to keep up. The managers and staff are friendly but Courtesy Clerks do not get any raises after a certain number of hours, the pay stays the same whether you've been there less than a year or several years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight