Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews

Fabulous Company and Fabulous benefits.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2018
This company is fabulous to work for. Appoximatley 3 weeks vacation are given to full time associates, as well as benefits. The work hours are pretty flexible, allowing for a home and work balance.
Negative and unhelpful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 18, 2018
Being a student, school comes first but the circumstances I was put in due to family issues I had to get a job. In the beginning Ralph Lauren assured me they would be flexible with my school schedule, in the end it turned out to be the exact opposite. Knowing my school is 30 minutes away from my work place they would repeatedly schedule me 10-15 minutes after I would let out of school. My breaks were always short... I was not allowed to leave the break room on my break and it was just not right. The employees were welcoming but however the management was not.
good experience
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
it was a good experience to do intern at polo. I learned many things from this job and nice members. The working environment was quite nice and enjoyed time work there
you have to be willing to work weekends and holidays
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 17, 2018
it's great as far as work hours go when you are looking for a job that has plenty of work during the holiday season I.e. October, November & December.
Pros
you get your 40 hours a week
Cons
off season you are lucky if you get 25 hours a week
Classic Retailer
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex, VTJuly 16, 2018
Ralph Lauren is a name we all recognize. Classic clothes designed by an fashion icon that has stayed true to what made his company great. Management has very little control of the big picture, corporate controls all aspects and decisions. It's basic, if you enjoy selling good clothing and building a team that believes in dream that Ralph has been selling for 50 years than employment with RL is the job for you. If you want to feel like you contribute more and your opinion is valued, this is not the company for you. Fun customers, that love life and enjoy fashion. No big challenge in this company.
Pros
Representing a Incredible Clothing Brand.
Cons
Management has so little control.
Na
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 13, 2018
The work life balance become difficult during the peak need for the business. There is not very much down time due to the demand which make being able to live life difficult if you are all in.
Great place to work!
Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed the friendly culture. Casual attire and overall the pay was grate for the temporary job. I was not able to stay because they had a hiring freeze at the time. Otherwise, I would have liked working there permanently.
Pros
Laid-back and friendly environment and learned a lot while working there.
Cons
Temp position with no opportunity to be permanent. Dead-End job!
Productively
Shipping and Receiving, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 11, 2018
It is a very nice environment to work in. They provide great discounts within the company to the employees. The supervisors and coworkers are very friendly.
Excelente lugar se emple
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2018
Es un execelente ligar de teabajo para el desarrollo personal ya que te da facilidades de estudiar
Nice Experience
Sweaters Purchaser (Former Employee) –  ParisJuly 6, 2018
I was pleased to work at Ralph Lauren to learn how a big famous brand is organized and work. To learn how an American company is managing a team, this is a very different culture than our French companies. That was very interesting
Pros
Good Income when I was young
Cons
No traveling on production sites
Not an awful place to work, need better communication to associates and management
Inventory Control/ Quality Audit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 5, 2018
A typical day has a steady pace. At times the facility I work at is slow paced due to low order volume. Have a high turnover rate for temporary associates due to low pay and inconsistent training. Very difficult to move up but they do try to train associates in some basic computer skills.
Pros
Discounts, Vacation time
Cons
Pay and communication
Challenging. You become highly adaptable.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 3, 2018
There have been a lot of lay offs at RL. Right now employees are very concerned in all departments. Hopefully things will turn around with new CEO.
Hardest part of job: The clients
Most enjoyable part of job: My Team
Employees start out at a very reasonable wage, but don't expect to get promoted.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 3, 2018
A typical day depends on you shift. If you come in at 4 or 5 am you'll be breaking down truck, so opening boxes of new merchandise and adding censors to items that need them. If you come in an hour or two before open, you'll most likely be straightening up the store until open. During store hours, you'll either be a cashier, "salesperson", dressing room or in the backroom looking for more sizes for the sales people. Dressing room you will be helping customers with suggesting items to go with their purchases, getting new sizes from the floor, and folding clothes that were tried on. Sales people will be trying to up-sale items and helping customers find styles and sizes, when they aren't with customers they will be straightening the store. I was there for about 6 months and I never saw one person be promoted, but they did bring in two or three managers from outside the store. They also will not give you very many hours, I was picking up hours to get more and got in trouble for going over 30 hours.
Pros
Paid 15 minute break
Cons
No advancement opportunites
Awesome Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 2, 2018
You cannot beat the benefits, bar none. Are the hours crazy, yes. As a temp, you can work here forever if you have good attitude, performance and attendance. If you are a full time associate, you cannot beat the vacation and days off. Great coworkers and easy work. Also, very good deals on Polo items.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours
Dead End
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2018
This part of the company has no advancement and everyone is aware. Most people leave after three years if they have any ambition at all. Company is in shambles probably won't be around in 15 years.
Love Working at Ralph Lauren
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 28, 2018
Ralph Lauren is an amazing company to work for they allow you to be who you are. They make sure that you are well trained and offer training to those of us who need it. They also offer some amazing benefits, I would like to see more from the corp team.
Pros
Benefits, Schedule
Cons
Work Life Balance
fun warehouse to work at
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 27, 2018
the job included picking merchandise, ticketing with correct size and color, packing merchandise and get it ready to ship out. all the managers were great.
Pros
medical insurance
Beneficial
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 27, 2018
As my first job i learned to communicate with the customers on the sales floor, i did the cash register handling money and i also did stocking. Management was always there on any question you needed and very open on the sales floor. I felt very safe and will treated and never had an issue. I enjoyed working as a team and learning more each day.
High volume workplace
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
I worked in a store with high volume of customers in a Florida Outlet store. Everything was rush rush helping out many customers at the same time. The managers were very helpful in keeping the customer's and employee's needs satisfied. I worked with people that knew the meaning of teamwork. Although we would get the occasional customer that could be unbearable, still, we managed to send them off a happy customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was putting the store back together again at the end of the day.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
pay
Awesome organization
Human Resources Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 25, 2018
I hated to leave Polo, but my upline management was not willing to balance my schedule at the time against my MBA studies, so I had to make the best decision for myself and leave so I could focus on my career evolution.
Pros
Employee discount, professional and supportive culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ralph Lauren. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight