Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews

United States2,234 reviews
Found 2,234 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Ralph Lauren selected this as a representative review
Easy to work there and get along with coworkers.
I loved it, they were flexible with my schedule and I felt welcomed as I started there. I didn't like how the assignment ends so quickly but when I was there I enjoyed it.
Official response from Ralph Lauren
January 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! So glad to hear you enjoyed being a part of the RL family!
Engaging workplace with a family of co-workers
I worked at Ralph Lauren for a year as a cashier associate mainly. I would help customers at the register, order items for them and give clothing recommendations. If there are no customers in the store, I would make sure the store is clean and organize clothes. Over the course of the year, I learned not to take things personally from customers(which sounds obvious but if it is your first job, it can be hard to distinguish.) If the customer is upset, it usually has nothing to do with you. As for my managers, I loved them. They encouraged me to be a better worker and did hourly updates to keep the employees in the wraps for how the store is doing and what we should be doing. After a while(and since most of them are women at my store specifically), they became like moms to me and we would joke around sometimes. All of my co-workers were nice and friendly(lots of college and high school students) but it is stressed that you are not supposed to socialize while on the floor(which makes sense :). The hardest part of the job is figuring out what to do when the store is empty and everything is clean but just be creative and ask the managers what they need help with. Black Friday is really chaotic and exhausting but that is the case with all retail stores so it's not much different at Polo. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connections you make with your co-workers,managers and customers. :) My store had regular customers which were really nice and one lady even came back and gave me chocolate for good customer service! There are a lot of employees at the store but even so, after - more...
You must pay for your own Uniforms
It's a good place to get your foot in the door. They offer a 30% in-store discount, and 40-50% discount online. Before working here, It's necessary to make sure that you are adherence to wearing the company's clothes and no other brand. They don't pay for your uniform. They don't offer discounted meals. For a mall employee, you will receive 10% off your food purchases. Don't be surprised if they schedule you 2-3 working days, as it was only a part time job.
Ralph Lauren has a very family oriented, inclusive environment
Ralph Lauren is a wonderful place to work. All teams work together to keep the lights on and improve in every area possible.
The people are all very personable and kind.
Job can get boring but managers and staff are really nice people
While the job itself can become tedious, the atmosphere and people who work there are great. I very much enjoyed my time here and loved my managers, they make the job fun.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Fun Workplace
Having fun and getting the job done. Typical day clocking in and assisting customers. I learned how to better my skill of talking with customers and building up a sale.
Productive work place.
I'm the head of loss prevention/operations at my location in Pennsylvania. I'm very happy with my pay, and my location works all together as a team. It is very high paced as we are a 9mil dollar store, but we are organized and I love it at the company. As an operations manager, I am offered full benefits, paid vacation time, sick time, plus monthly bonuses which is nice. We just started offering the sales associates bonuses as well if we make 105% over sales plan, which is very encouraging to them. I'm very pleased with the company so far.
Pros
Long breaks, pay, good work enviornment.
Cons
Wish dress code was a little more relaxed.
It was a cool job
Always had something to do coworkers were nice the managers can have attitudes sometimes but they’re managers. I enjoyed this job and the discounts were great
Good Job
the job was definitely tiring, at first i barely worked but as the job went on i worked a ton of hours. the pay is good considering it was an entry level job. i became good friends with my coworkers and since i spent most of my days that summer there, it was like a second home to me. the worst part of the job was the rude customers but overall it was a great summer job and i definitely recommend for a first job. I am also a pro at folding clothes now.
Rich Culture and Heritage
Pleasure to work alongside of some of the industry's best. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and be apart of company initiatives that go beyond the scope of the job itself.
Teen working at RL
Over the years I really enjoyed working at RL and the management was very well to work with and very pleasing people. And also very helpful in doing our job. The were always very good in hiring the best people to work with as well as honest people.
Good
Your job is what you make it. It’s only bad if that’s the attitude you bring to work. Management is fair and the shifts are up and down based on how much work is in the building.
Room for growth needs more than hardwork
While working here I discovered lots of good people and a great environment. But trying to further myself in this career was very difficult and was met with many obstacles. Un able to further myself in this career I decided to follow another path.
work surroundings
I LOVE working there. You work with fantastic clothing designs. We have a wonderful and generous discounts. I love the help in the community and encourage this.
casual workplace, easy going people
Great part time job for the summer, good way to get your first sales and customer service experience. Not much room for advancement, most of my co-workers were students.
Forklift/material handler
Order picker/scanner/pallet stacker
I enjoy working at Ralph Lauren..safety is first then production..climate controlled environment. Down to earth coordinators and supervisers that reward excellent work.
Loved the job, not the people (MGMT)
Overall, the company is a great place to work, especially for LGBTQ people.

While they preach diversity and inclusion, they really aren't inclusive for POC.
Pros
Longevity. Ppl have been here for 30+ years. There are 70somethings still working here!
Cons
Some veteran managers are petty hypercritics who will TRY to break you down!
Beautiful and Wonderful Environment
It was a dream job in many respects , had a wonderful supervisor , excellent pay and great mentoring . Mr. Lauren was a great person to work with , very approachable, kind , generous and a perfect gentleman. One of the most wonderful entrepreneur in the design industry, very down to earth and genuine. I resigned due to a very rigorous travel schedule.
Poor communication, Poor workplace equipment/environment
There is very little communication between management and day to day workers. The schedule will often be changed and the people affected will not always be notified.
During the Covid-19 pandemic the company was slow to close things down, and when they did they re-opened as quickly as possible without regard to most of the lower full time employees. There was very poor communication about pay during this time. The company considers itself essential despite not providing any essential items to the general public and in doing so put profits over the health of their employees.

The company as a whole is very inclusive and open to everyone which is very positive.

The benefits are average at best.

Though the company does give 3 weeks of PTO, they only recognize people who work 8 hour work days, so if you work a 10 hour or 12 hour scheduled day and need to take time off, you have to use a day and a half of PTO.

The pay is average and could definitely be better.

The facilities and work environment are average to below average. They only provide overpriced vending machine food day to day. On occasion they will bring a food truck in once a week. Many of the office items used daily are very old and outdated (computers, printers, etc) The buildings may look pretty, but what is inside is mediocre at best.
Great place to work i felt i didnt fit in so i moved on
I would apply to this employer in the future but i would like to habe a position where i dont have to wear clothes to promote the brand
Kind of felt forced to shop there i would just like to shop without feeling pressured
okay company
sometimes it gets a little boring but for the most part everything in the store is great. managers for the most part are cool. the hardest part is watching out for people trying to steal while trying to do your primary job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ralph Lauren. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ralph Lauren.