Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews

Found 1,590 reviews matching the search See all 1,898 reviews
The company was a comfortable workplace.
PEOPLE OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 16, 2019
I believe it would be beneficial to all new employees (in all departments) if there were more training.
It was always a good feeling to know what the next day would bring and sometimes it was fun and exciting to encounter some challenges.
Up until recently the management was not the best.
I enjoyed the camaraderie within the workplace.
I found the hardest part of the job was not knowing if the your work was appreciated.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making long lasting friends.
Nice atmosphere to work in, being a factory outlet store working the floor is learned quickly.
Retail salesman (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILFebruary 13, 2019
Ralph Lauren was a great place to work at, if you stay with the company the window for rising up in the company is attainable. Everyone employee receives fair and equal opportunities to better themselves in the company.
Pros
Free snacks and beverages in break room
Cons
No commission was giving for sales
Long time ago
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2019
RL Store Planning & Design was my first job out of college. I spent lots of hours on Madison Ave, but the time spent was well worth the retail knowledge, it enabled me to grow my career.
Great product, not employee centric
Men's Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2019
A day a Ralph Lauren would consist of calling customers and selling on the floor. You were not able to get overtime unless you had prior approval, not accounting for accidental incidents. The culture was nice, but all depends upon the people. I enjoyed the product and people I worked with and sacrificed pay and benefits. The culture was focused on transactional customers and selling multiple units. Overall, the people and product are amazing, but the benefits are marginal.
Worked when I was younger
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 12, 2019
My opinion doesn't quite count as I was young working a part-time job.So I have to type up a 150 word review of this job so I'm typing this to get there!
Good Place
Warehouse/Organization Team Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2019
It’s a great place to work. Tons of advancement. Great environment. A employee appreciated company. Great benefits and discounts. Will help you advance in their company or teach you how to be a leader in a anyotjer company .
Compensation and benefits were above average.
AM - Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Maryland.February 11, 2019
I was paid very well and the benefits provided were at least average for the industry and in some cases better. The work life balance was challenging for me because my commute was more than 2 1/2 hours per day. That is the only reason I left. That isn’t the company’s fault, it was one me because I didn’t want to move closer to my store. ( I had been promoted to open a new store). My DM was awesome. He was hands off most of the time and hands when needed. Clear expectation of what he wanted. I learned so much and still use those skills today with my current poistion. Like any retailer, there are never enough hours in the day/week to get it all done. RL taught me how to prioritize and go from there. Hiring associates was pretty easy because of the brand. Would go back in a minute if the commute wasn’t so far
Pros
Compensation, bonus program, benefits, employee discount
Cons
Work load- but that is a retail issue not a Polo issue.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2019
- Values employees and customers
- Management opportunities
- Great workplace culture
- Turnover was high
- Networking opportunities
- Stores individually compete versus working together which was a negative
Pros
Fast-paced environment
Cons
Turnover
They had a game room in the cafe
Packing Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 7, 2019
Its not the best job but they respect all their associates it’s just going on for those long hours standing on your feet and their breaks should be longer
Great place to work if you like giving customer service.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 6, 2019
My days were usually split between managing inventory and customer service. The management team is young and energetic. The hardest part of the job is gaining full knowledge of the inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible schedule and good pay.
Pros
Big discounts
Cons
Schedule being changed without me being aware.
good place to work at
Stock/Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 6, 2019
have meetings about the store expectations and store goals for the day, help customers refold clothes clean out fitting rooms, also help at cashiering.
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Working here would have been a lot better if there were better managers. I absolutely hated coming to work when 1 certain manager was around.
One manager quit and tried to recruit some of us to go where he/she was going next.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays were the busiest, and we never had enough staff. Even though they would hire new people every 5 minutes instead of just giving people more hours .
Great Company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I have been able to open a store and now going on 3years with the company. I love it, great benefits, great environment. Location is great as well. Overall great job
Not enough pay
ORDER PROCESSING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCFebruary 3, 2019
Pay rate to low for the amount of work required to do. A lot of heavy lifting . Standing for long periods of time with short breaks. Work load not consistent may be asked to leave early.
Good company , supportive management ,abilly to make commission.
Professional Merchandiser & Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa CaFebruary 3, 2019
see one shot and stay int oday. sometimes too many of us scheduled so competition can be tough. Always working weekends and have quota to sell before receiving commission but always rose to the ocasion.
Pros
excellent company and fun place to work. surrounding beautiful
Cons
working weekends and nightsa and commission only
Stressful
Packing Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 2, 2019
Started at 10.50 per hour, they dropped the pay to 8.50 per hour. Typical day at ralph lauren, would be unsettling hours. Different hours every day. On most days we'd be lucky to get 5 hours a day.
Help me mature my managing skills
Sales Specialist Dillard's (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2019
An amazing place to meet new and interesting people. A job where u meet all types of people. If you like to play dress up this job is perfect for you.
Most of the staff was friendly
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAFebruary 1, 2019
Basically a nice group of people to work with. Shifts varied from morning hours to evening hours and was very militaristic when it came to the way they treated most of the employees.
Pros
Pretty flexible if you could only work certain days.
Cons
Very militant with employees
Solid Place
Sales Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Polo Ralph Lauren was a good place to work. The days seem long, but you get through it because of the constant movement you have to do throughout the day.
N/a
Manager /Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Completely disappointed with the training process.., sink or swim environment. " Fail early is what they want"...……………………………………………………………………………………………….
Pros
Brand
Cons
0. 0 Training / Poor Training process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ralph Lauren. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ralph Lauren.

Powered by Comparably