Ralphs Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work or start out at
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 18, 2018
I work in the Service Deli and I am stressed beyond belief. My management is awful and my district coordinator doe not understand how a department should be run. Because in one hour, which is when they want me to start closing at nine when I am off at ten, I can totally pull the salad bar, the soup bar, the salad case, the hot-case, the sandwich bar, the hot island, fill out the PPST, the temp logs, compost, do bail, take trash out, wash all the dishes, put them away, clean the prep table, clean all three slicers, clean the combi ovens, sweep the floors, wash the floors and fill the HMR before I leave. Unacceptable, the Kroger company does not care about their employees and no matter how many complains you put in, they won't do a thing about it.
Cons
no breaks, horrible management
learning experience
Ralphs Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 16, 2018
I loved working with the customers and with food helping people. also it taught me to work hard and effectively like a team in the deli since there was cooking and cleaning every night I was motivated to do my best each day. I had no problem with management I was always on time and rarely called out.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 7, 2018
working here everyday makes me want to just go home and not come back. Main manager doesn’t care about your input. Not really worth my time if I get treated unfairly
Cons
Can’t take breaks, managers yelling at you for the littlest things, makes you feel small
ehh
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAApril 4, 2018
just a job to pass the time, not worth looking into for a long term job. they don't promote from within, a good about of nepotism, and it was not fun
Pproductive and fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2018
This is my Dream Job

Everyone that Ive ever worked with at Ralphs was truly a blessing to me
I learned alot even from the People that did not like me
I really enjoyed all of the jobs Ive done @Ralphs. I learned some folks are not your friends!!!

Management Awesome

The hardest Part of the job was when its time to go home and you have just one more thing you want to get done before clocking out

The most enjoyable part is being able to help Customers and Coworkers

Still Love working at Ralphs
Ralphs is Number One
Pros
employee pot lucks in break room
Cons
Health care/ 401k
ralph
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2018
I really liked ralph, it showed how a work environment is run even when it is busy or slow. You have different department to go to and everyone gets along with everyone
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch
Broken promises
Combo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMarch 28, 2018
I worked at Ralphs for the better part of two years as a combo courtesy clerk. I constantly busted my butt to try to work up in the company. I would push carts, jump on the register, clean restrooms, you name it. I did just about everything. And I made just over minimum wage. Management noticed my hard work and on several instances brought up promotions that they wanted to give me. Months and months passed yet nothing happened. Also, I was never offered any sort of health insurance despite my long tenure there. Leaving this job was the best thing that ever happened to me. This is just from my experience at store 715.
Pros
Cons
Hard work means nothing
Not recommended.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CA 92672March 28, 2018
Unfortunately I would not recommend this location to anyone, overall there may be many great Ralphs worth working at, however, I have never had a worse job experience than this one. I was often bullied, including by management, and I was set with unrealistic goals, leaving me stressed and often coming in off hours to try and help. Better management would easily have solved many issues.
Pros
I learned new skills
Cons
I left stressed and upset often.
Bad work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2018
The management was so messy , they dont listen , they work you for 12 hours. The workers that been there a long time think they know everything and dont help others
Ralphs (aka. Kroger)
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stevenson Ranch, CAMarch 19, 2018
What a horrible place to work, it’s all just a giant mess working for this company. Plain and simple. The attitude and cattiness of employees in other departments is ridiculous. Way too much drama, as well as, people who aren’t managers to expect you to do things for them, without properly asking
Cons
Short breaks (sometimes don’t happen at all), stupid daily tasks and plenty of needed unwanted attitude
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 17, 2018
Working for the company ralphs was a great experience! This company stands behind schooling and works great around school schedules. The environment was clean and fun. I thank ralphs for the opportunity and support.
okay place to work
Florist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 14, 2018
ralphs was once a great place to work, it became very stressful to work there. Demanded way too much from employees and nothing was good enough. very unfortunate.
Pros
fun job
Cons
corporate
Managers are too stressed to care
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 8, 2018
When I was employed through Ralphs, I felt that store directors weren't very caring and all business. They made everyone else feel stressed out and uncomfortable. Pay absolutely sucks because raises are far and few in-between and they are literally like 10 cents. I started at $8.00, and in 3 in a half years i left at $8.25. It was ridiculous.
Productive work Place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 7, 2018
i cant really say much but for the two mouths of working there i cans say that it was very cool work experience as a courtesy clerk working with very respectful people
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace not enough hours
Courtesy Clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAMarch 7, 2018
Great environment, awesome managers, decent coworkers a lot of drama so you have to keep your distance. My only problem would be they don’t give enough hours but there are times when you have to deal with lazy coworkers and the managers never seem to notice when you’re doing a good job but you do a good job for yourself not for the company. You learn to grow from this job and engage with really great people.
no life work balance.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 7, 2018
Very little or no communication. Always short handed, never enough people to do the jobs required. They will work you six days a week even when you only work 24 hours. The manager of the store is not qualified at all. They are only concerned with the numbers working out for their schedule, not the reality of what actually needs to be worked. Learned very little, since you never actually get trained for anything...you take little modules to learn a job when they remember to have you do them. The culture of the place is when you get a shout out from a customer, you get a little two dollar coupon, much like giving a dog a bone. You have little girls running around causing problems, which makes a hostile work environment, which of course the manager does nothing about, and actually promotes. The hardest part of the job is having to do more than one persons job and being expected to get them all done. The most enjoyable is getting to go home at the end of my shift, if they let me go home. Sometimes you have to stay later and no it is not always overtime and not always welcome.
Pros
Health Insurance with 24 hours worked
Cons
No life/work balance
very good company
Overnight Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 6, 2018
the company was good I like the fact ralphs is union. I went searching for another job so I wouldn't have to work overnight anymore. working overnight made me miss out on a lot of my son sport events.
A Great place to work
Courtesy Clerk & GM deli (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CA 93405March 1, 2018
Management was great. Loved all my co-workers and the business, felt like a home every time i walked in. i learned a lot from Ralphs. working as a bagger taught me to be outgoing a little bit since im a very shy person, working in the deli taght me so much i would go back if i could. Miss working there tbh.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
ever a dual moment
Good first job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Good first job to have. Management was good in my department. More pay on Sundays was nice. Some opportunity for overtime pay. Overall a good place to work.
I loved my job there
Combo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I loved my job. Operating the checkstand and closing the store was good and kept me constantly busy which is how I like to be. The management was amazing. The environment was awesome. Job was not hard. Loved working in receiving with truck loads and cardboard bails and pallets.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
cannot think of any