Ralphs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was terrible.
Cashier/Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAAugust 6, 2018
They don't care about you. There's nothing else to say, they just don't care at all, whatsoever, and thats about it. Don't apply to Ralphs unless its only temporary.
Pros
I get paid every week.
Busy place to work
Bakery Assistant/Cake Decorator and Price Tagger (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 3, 2018
The people at Ralphs are very friendly. You need to work independently. There is not discrimination. People work in different departments, therefore the job environment changes.
Pros
job secure
Cons
low salary
Busy in the deli.
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2018
Busy,hot,and must be patient with the impatience of angry,rude,tacky customers. Very good place to shop. It carrys all your needs .Very sweet ,and respectable staff. Always have the freshest foods,and products that I need . I am very picky,but Ralph's Kroger accommodates my family needs /wants.
Pros
Not enough hours per week
Cons
Great food, and discount
courtesy clerk
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 23, 2018
as an courtesy clerk, i made sure groceries were put in order for safety of the food. stocked items in a fast pace properly, cleaned bathrooms and put the food carts back where they should be.
Pros
team enviroment
didn't like the management
Combo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 22, 2018
I was a very loyal employee. I really enjoyed my job - my life revolved around it, however they let me go when I defended a fellow coworker when they were being attacked by another coworker.
A Quick Rundown as a Courtesy Clerk at Ralphs
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 21, 2018
A typical day at work would have you starting off the day/evening/night with bagging groceries, if not handling carts outside, or if not doing your job duty for the day. It's hard to manage the time you need to keep on your task when there is a shortage of courtesy clerks, and no help around.

One thing I learned that can be applicable in all job scenarios is speed is not the key point to developing any skills, but precision and good organization are two things to keep in mind when doing tasks at a brisk pace.

Management is a hassle with how crazy it can be, dealing with customers and their possibly large orders, for both the cashier and the bagger involved. There are many times where we just don't have enough people on hand to speed up the lines, which is always the hardest part of the job, which is out of everyone's control.

The general work area in the front end is usually reflected on your personal behavior with everyone around you, if you are nice/rude to anyone, they tend to reflect that back to you, generally making it easy or hard to communicate effectively. Some people may get lazy, all workers alike, and tend to slow the pace down, or are no where to be found.

The most enjoyable part of work is difficult to answer, but it's generally brought down to being able to help a customer just trying to find something. It's really simple, and it really brings out your knowledge of your store in a physical point of view, making you look dependable and able to assist others.
Pros
10% discount, Healthcare Benefits, 401k, Potential to save on gas
Cons
Very Short Breaks, New hires get the short-end of the stick (2003-2004 strike)
Fast paced workplace
Combo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 17, 2018
When i worked at ralph i had a very fun time because most of my coworkers were also high school students. The cons were that my location had bad management and terrible hours
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
poor management
good place
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 17, 2018
Truly a job for a student still currently in high school or college. really nice customer's .furthermore flexible hours. it was a good place though highly recommended
An okay Place to be
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 17, 2018
It was an okay place to be, this job has a lot of restocking and getting carts from outside. I was learning to do cashier but since i was new i mostly restocked .
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRJuly 9, 2018
It is a very good job. The pay does not help much but I could say that for something it helps. But it is a very productive and collaborative place. The managers are always aware of everything in the store.
Dont work here
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Do not work here, the people are terrible the coworkers are disrespectful and the managers hate a lot of the guys, unless your female its a good place to work you a guy and it isn't.
Pros
there are none
Cons
everything sucks
The people are great
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 8, 2018
The people, such as the customers, and coworkers, are amazing, The only stressful part about working here is the demand of customer service and lack of help.
benefits
Cons
lack of help
Awesome company!
Local Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 7, 2018
My manager was great. Firm but fair. They were trying out a new program to let truck drivers with one year of experience come and work for them due to a lot of truck drivers retiring.
They could not continue with the program due to budget constraints.
Easy job, friendly environment
Courtesy Clerk & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 6, 2018
There was always something to do at Ralphs. Most tasks were easy and just became routine. There was plenty of interaction with customers and co-workers. It really feels like being part of a team.
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAJuly 2, 2018
Don't gossip and do what you're supposed to do. Sometimes the workload is too much but you just have to grunt it out. The people are nice and willing to help and teach you.
Pros
Cool people, Room to advance
Cons
Too much gossip
Working in a California Deli is the best.
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 2, 2018
A typical day at work is seeing face to face with my regular customers. I learned all about diversity and how good it does in communities. Management is very consistent and honest. They are always straight forward and do what they can to help. Culture is rich which was, at the time, a refreshing change from the midwest where culture was scarce. The hardest part of the job was leaving it because I had to move away. The best part was the room for advancement, benefits and the friends I made along the way that became family.
Pros
benefits, hours, culture, community
Cons
difficulty in transfers and relocation
Good company to work for.
COMBO CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company very much. They took care of their employees and made sure breaks and lunches were taken. Work did get difficult during busy times if we were short handed.
Pros
Good health benefits. Money spent at store comes back to you in check form to be used at store.
Cons
Favoritism keeps the correct people from being promoted.
Positive
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJune 24, 2018
My experiance at ralphs was mostly positive, tge staff was friendly and being able to interact with customers was fun and relaxing. Overall a great work experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
all around great company
GM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 13, 2018
i love this company and would recommend it to any of my friends looking for a career in the grocery industry. Company takes pride in making sure our customers have the best experience when shopping at ralphs.
Pros
Very flexible schedules
Cons
Short on help
Calm and Stressful
Courtesy Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJune 7, 2018
Depending on who was the front end manager would determine how the day went. One manager would over exaggerate on everything and also would go around yelling at the employees for doing something that they haven't even done. The other manager would just be calm if we messed up on a task he would talk to us respectfully and tell us how we do it properly and not get frustrated at all.