Ralphs Employee Reviews

Terrible
Cleaning free lance work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2018
Bad management. The lady in their speaks in a rude tone of voice.
The sales manger is so mean and rushes people. He should not work their anymore cuz.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Rude staff
Productive day at work
Combo Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Come into work and assist customers. I have to make sure that my area of work is clean and neat. Double check to make sure I'm up to date with everything at work and all prices are as labeled.
Pros
10 min break, No weekends off
Cons
Health Insurance, Anniversary check
job asked too much
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739October 9, 2018
when working for this company you may work in one area but you will be working the whole store. only good thing was co-workers were friendly and helpful. also rumors would spread and people would gossip.
Pros
coworkers are friendly
Cons
no outside life, mangers expect too much, too much work not enough pay
Few employees and huge load of work
Floral assistant (Current Employee) –  Flintridge, CAOctober 8, 2018
The salary is lower than what you do. Especially for the night and morning crew there is a high load of work to do but unfortunately there are not enough employees scheduled for the day.
Fun job if you're a teen in college
Combo Clerk (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 7, 2018
Working at Ralphs is a easy and fun job. It's a good job for young people. If you decide to pursue a job at Ralphs do so for a short time only. Don't make it a career!!!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, less hours, overworked, low pay
A place for people who need a job but aren't quite ready for a career
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2018
My typical day entails refilling product in the bakery, taking cake orders, slicing bread, bagging and boxing up baked products, decorating cakes, and making sure everything on the sales floor is neat and organized Every Hour On The Hour. Fairly easy job, but relies heavily on timing to getting things done.
Pros
Union, health insurance, discounts, some job enhancing events and dress up opportunities
Cons
Very needy customers, timing can be rough on really busy days, the pay increase is slow and the cap out is not more then $15 for most people
High Maintenance environment and terrible employee privileges
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 28, 2018
The environment was incredibly stressful and unproductive to work with. Employers didn't seem to care about their customers or employees. There were issues within the company that could have been easily solved, however, they were pushed under the rug and never dealt with.
Cons
Scheduling Issues, short breaks
Great job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
i Loved working at ralphs it was just the one iworked at was far buht ita a fun & busy job My Manager was awesome very understanding & i Just loved it
Great
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good company to work for, mostly for the PEOPLE that work there. They are the best at customer service. Though don't get stuck in the deli unless you're a sucker for pain.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Most managers don't relate to deli workers
Productive environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 13, 2018
Management in my department was truly caring and valued the input of team members during meeting pertaining to ways to improve our impact on sales through services offered.
Pros
friedly environment
Cons
low pay
Unfair
Ralphs courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
The people would most time just be playing around slacking causing a domino affect in our work. Then they would not really be flexible with you about the hours.
All of the posted wages are incorrect - employee of 5 years
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2018
All of these wages are wrong I am currently a cashier at Ralphs in California and the highest that cashier can get paid is $21.95 someone needs to update all these wages they're all completely wrong and for Baggers are in our courtesy clerks they start at 11.30 an hour which is going up every year with minimum wage someone needs to update this page everything is wrong
Productive and good energy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2018
Honestly working at ralphs was a good job only thing about it was the location. Since my location was in downtown we got a lot of different types of people in and out of our store.
Was an alright temp job.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CASeptember 3, 2018
I was working this job while I went to school once I had to move, I quit. The job was alright stressful because of the time I would have to come in I would only get 8 hours between shifts most days leaving me to not be able to get a full rest before working again on top of school work needing to be done.
Pros
Entry level job
Cons
Terrible scheduling
It Pays The Bills
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2018
Management Needs Major Improvement, They Do NOT Properly Train, A Typical Day In My Position Is Very Stressful, The Most Enjoyable Part Is Making My Customers And Fellow Associates Happy.
Pros
401K Plan
Cons
Poor Management
Atmosphere was generally smooth and positive energy, lots of constant restocking and customers first.
Bakery Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 25, 2018
- checking inventory, restocking product, assisting customers needs
- coworkers were a guidance with life and work situations
- not having enough time to complete duties
work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 22, 2018
this was a temp job and is ok for people for just that reason. not a lot of advancement and employee were great to work with. not a lot of pay increase
The sense of urgency
Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 22, 2018
They have a saying about the sense of urgency in the store. None of the managers can explain it but use it as an excuse that you are not working at the speed their book says. The customers are their number 1 priority, as a service deli worker. Good luck trying to get a 10 minute break of going on lunch on time.
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay, and the lack of hours
Good Starter Job to Gain Experience - Not a Career Path
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 15, 2018
This job provided a decent starting work environment, and was a great first job initially because it taught me basic workplace ethics and practices, tact when dealing with irritated or otherwise rude customers, and time management. As time progressed and I moved departments from front end customer service to
General Merchandise, I began to see the underlying issues across all departments in the store. Primarily, corporate did not allow enough budget for labor hours to be able to schedule enough help. This caused a constant trend of short-handedness throughout all departments and even the front end, to the point where they were regularly pulling employees from already shorthanded departments to help bag and cashier up front. There seemed to be a lot of under-handedness in the scheduling as well in that you would be promoted to a new position or moved at your choice, yet they would still schedule you for your old department because they didn't bother to replace you or plan ahead in the schedule. Granted, these are issues that could be resolved by complaining to the union or talking with the managers, but it's the principle that they would try to treat their employees that way that I find so irksome. Overall, there was a very strong paradigm among the employees that management didn't care about their employees and they only focused on maximizing effort while minimizing hours. While it is absolutely a fundamental business practice to schedule employees efficiently as possible, it's not acceptable to ignore the pathos of the situation and disregard morale in considering efficiency.
  more... If they cared as much about the morale and well-being of employees as they did their profit margins, they would see that efficiency would improve through higher motivation and enthusiasm in the workplace, as well as their income due to the ability to actually fully carry out the tasks needed to maintain overall customer satisfaction and merchandise in-stock.

In conclusion, This job is actually a very good starter in that it gives you good experience and is able to certify you for a number of things (Powered Industrial Trucks, Food Handling, etc.), and you are able to see firsthand the effects of both good and poor business practices; however, you may find that you "outgrow" the job within a year or so will want to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
It was terrible.
Cashier/Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAAugust 6, 2018
They don't care about you. There's nothing else to say, they just don't care at all, whatsoever, and thats about it. Don't apply to Ralphs unless its only temporary.
Pros
I get paid every week.