Ralphs
62Average

Ralphs Employee Reviews

United States787 reviews
The labor
The hard work is alot on your body when you get over the age 20. Working in other departments is very hard especially if your not use to department. Its alot of work so be get
Pros
benefits
Time and space to Advancement
Great place to learn and grow. I really like helping people and making them feel always of coming back. The customers needs are my needs.Great place to work i made several friends that i still keep in contact. I really and upgraded my customer service skills, my phone skills.. People skills.
Zero if I could not a secure job I can tell you so much more.
I retired from Ralph's Market. I will tell you until I made full.time I always struggled financially. They cut your part time hours and they are different every week. Now the dangerous thing about this job is the management. If they don't like you they will have you.in a mess with the company. I have been lied on and it was up held by this Como until I would win the fight filing a complaint with my union and them fighting to keep my job
It was ok
I got tired of working there because the job just got stale. The management was conflicted on where they should have me work in the store, however since I quit before college the management has changed.
Ralph’s
At Ralph’s, I was a cashier. I was always greeting and welcoming every customer. I was always stocking also. It was a great experience because I got to learn how to handle certain situations. I was very patient with people needs. I always made sure to find the product that a customer newded
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I love it
I love working at ralphs because I have a great store manager and great coworkers. They always try to work with you and your schedule IF you are a hard worker and show them the respect you would like to receive. Overall a great company and the hardest part is dealing with customers.
Ralphs
I loved working at Ralphs! Working there my coworkers made it feel like home and I felt super comfortable. My manager was awesome, I worked super hard and I got promoted less than 2 weeks after starting there(:
Good place
I enjoyed working for Ralphs. Sometimes the customers would be a lot to deal with but didn’t distract me from full filling my job duties. Management and employees were friendly, we were like a mini family in a sense.
Okay starting job.
Management drove me to quit, verbal and physical abuse. The hours are alright but the labor did not meet the job description. I went from being a normal bag boy to painting the boss's office 3 times and scrubbing drains.
great manger,really good co workers
stock up all the empty shelves with new product,in a timely manner before the store opened.and get the next ordervready for the next day,learned how to find where all the products belonged so I can load shelves faster,and how to order product.management was amazing.always helping and teaching .loadinjg up all the new product before the store opened .really loved the crew I worked with .felt really accomplished at the end of the day when all the wqork was done in a timely manner
working at a market
Working at a market you learn a lot about customers and customer service. Customer service is easy when you love people and love to help people. However, if you don't love people customer service isn't for you. For me I loved meeting new people every day and helping them.
Good First Job
Simple tasks may become heavy tasks, but at the end of the day, it is all for the customers. It is of course important to arrive on time and complete all tasks given.
Good
Was a great learning
Improved with customer service and learnd alot by hands on, overall ralphs is a great company, pay fairly and the work environment was family friendly
Productive, easy learning experience job
I gained my people talking skills at this job. Interacting with many people a day really helps open up your voice a bit to get you going on your customer service skills.
Perfect for new college kids
You need to have full energy for this job because its exhausting and you get paid very little for the amount of work you do. Not allowed tips and your hours will get cut because they don’t want to compensate for you. The managers are very nice but i wish we had been paid more. The work became so stressful i got soft spots on my head and was grinding my teeth.
Nice customers and coworkers, poor pay and scheduling.
A typical day at work was exhausting. Standing for 8 hours is hard, especially when cashiering because you have to stay in one place. The atmosphere of the job was really happy and friendly though. It was my first real job, and it definitely taught me that working isn't easy. Management was very nice, and I felt like they really tried their best to keep me happy, but ultimately the changes we all wanted were out of their power. The hardest part of the job was probably collecting carts. On a hot or busy day, it was the worst thing for sure. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping nice customers, and sharing the pain of the job itself with my awesome coworkers.
It is a good company
They are good to their employees. This company works with their employees schedules and encourages their employers to do better. Ralph’s is also very good with customer service.
Overall good place to work
If youre looking for a stepping stone type of job. This is exactly what it is. Good job to work for people who need extra money on the side. Upper management is okay can be better though.
A great place, depending on the location
Everyone has their stuff to deal with, so its expected that not everyone's going to be jumping and happy all the time. But elders who aren't considerate of younger people and their struggles, as well as youth who lack respect for what the older people have gone through doesnt help either side. And managers who hire their entire family so the whole store is practically just their family is really unfair and leads to a tense environment for those outside. This was only at one particular location although.
Don't ever work here or any supermarkets.
These are only considered good jobs if you already put in the necessary years so you are getting paid a little bit higher. Other than that don't waste your time with Markets as they don't value you and see you as expendable at any moment in time
Pros
None, not even a discount on food or products
Cons
They will take an angry customers side over yours when the opportunity arises
ok at first
Management at first was great then changed to an inexperienced pharmacist as the other one retired. She lacked social skills and gave patients a bad rapport.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ralphs. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ralphs.