Ram Tool Construction Supply Co. Employee Reviews

It’s alright if you’re one of those ppl who have absolutely no personal life.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2019
Management doesn’t afford you the opportunity to take care of personal business., I.e. taking care of bills, arrangements for child care after school, or servicing your vehicle(s). You also have no set time to get off. Even if you do your 8 hours for that day, and have something to do they will still try and keep you around.
Pros
Occasional free lunches and breakfast
Cons
No time to take care of personal things. As you will be working from sun up to sun down.
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
Ten hour Days branch manager has no clue about equal opportunity if your a minority dont plan on getting a sales position because thats where the money is. The most enjoyable was working with the my team members and Regional Manager.
Pros
Great Regional Manager
Cons
Very Poor Branch Management
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 24, 2018
New management is coming in and growing the company, but is pushing out all the good employees, who have been there for a while. There are a lot of hidden agenda's
Good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 14, 2018
Truck delivery driver delivering goods and construction supplies
Productive and fun.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 26, 2018
Ram tool was a fun place to work, very productive group always willing to help out,employees felt valued and part of a team, management was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Holiday meals and frequent lunches.
Cons
Job description didn't match customer expectation .
Good company to start your career
Delivery Driver/Dispatch/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 14, 2018
Overall nice place to work. My manager was so great to work for but corporate office controlled all advancements but didn't see your work ethic since they were located elsewhere.
Good company poor work/life balnace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAJune 2, 2018
Experience will vary based on size of branch your working for. Work/life balance will be affected due to branches resources. Overall a good company to work for that is growing.
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 19, 2018
It was a good place to work. nice environment. good staff i would recommend anyone to work for the company. they treat there employees with respect...
Pros
They give out spot bonuses
Cons
forklifts do not have annual checks for maintnence issues
Average to Great
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TX and Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2018
The sales manager I worked with at the 2nd Ram Tool location I was at was obviously paid for who he know in the industry in the area because he did very little to assist me on the Operations side of things and he did very little just in general. Of course I was told by several managers above my level that they were well aware of the performance of this manager and had a plan for him , but nothing ever happened regarding that situation, at least not while I was still in the position I held. As a whole I was overworked with the amount of responsibility and my location was understaffed to accomplish the normal everyday tasks. Having said that , Ram Tool is a great company to work for and I wish I had not left the company. Especially because of the amount of time, effort, blood, sweat and tears I personally put into the company and position I held. I think they were growing too big too quickly (business was just too good/busy) and were probably a little slow to adjust to the changes it was experiencing.
It was alright
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 30, 2018
It wasn't a fun place to work. Did not look forward to going in everyday. They play favorites, Seniority means absolutely nothing to them. A company likely to forget ur name.
Pros
New truck
Cons
Everything else
Be careful what department you get into, pay is awful
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 27, 2017
The pay is awful for the work they want you to perform. The raises are not good. Too much micromanagement especially in their A/R department. Would highly NOT recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free leftovers from meetings-if you call that a plus
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no paid time off for hourly workers
Good place to work if you like being in the dark
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2017
Good place to work but there are times that other associates are standing around doing nothing or playing on their phones. Drivers are the golden children and can do no wrong. Management is constantly trying to change things even though the system is working.
Pros
Occasional free lunches and breakfast, depends on sales and what management decides
Run from the AR department
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2017
Ram Tool AR department was overly worked for the pay they received. The management was great though. The hardest part was trying to meet the standards put out by management.
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Rep (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed working with Ram Tool. It is a very professional company. I loved my job and the people and our customers that I worked with on a daily basis. The atmosphere is very calm with a sense of urgency without the drama.
Pros
we would have lunches provided for meetings.
Cons
we have hour lunch and two breaks
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 9, 2017
Great Company just need better managment. The Warehouse could be cleaner and dont nobody ever speak their mind because they are always afraid of what the manager will say
on a scale of 1 to 10 with current management I would give it a 2
Operations Asst (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 8, 2017
If you don't mind being lied to by management, then you will do fine here. But being that management is the back bone of the branch or company then this is how people will see the company. I applied to 3 different positions with the company and was told all 3 time the job was mine, then to have the position given to some one else. The last time Ram Tool management had me train the person they gave the job to.
Pros
driver's were great.
Cons
Management Lie's
Nice,family owned business.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
Working at RamTool&Supply has been enjoyable. The company is a small,family owned business that has been around for 70 years. The owner has always taken good care of his employees. While it's not a job where you'll nake a fortune,it is a job where you'll have an easy rime doing your job. Overall,it's been a great time working for the owner Mr. Anderson.
Pros
Easy, fun work environment.
Cons
Pay could be better.
good company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
Understanding, reliable great management Advancement opportunities. Willing to train and work with your schedule. Laid back mutli cultural environment.
Poor Management
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 20, 2017
Management is very poor in CERTAIN departments. I would not recommend this place of employment to anyone, and would not likely ever go back as an employee.
Fun work environment.
Warehouse Worker and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 9, 2017
Great group of guys. Small company with growth potential. Consisted of a group of 3 drivers , 3 salesman, warehouse manager ,secretary , and operation manager.
Pros
Free lunch once a month.
Cons
Irresponsible individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ram Tool Construction Supply Co.. Our community is ready to answer.