Ram Tool Construction Supply Co.
58Below average

Ram Tool Construction Supply Co. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA4 reviews
Productive/Energetic Work Environment
Healthy work environment with friendly co-workers.
A lot of driving throughout the day.

Customers at work sites can be frustrating at times.
Good job
Truck delivery driver delivering goods and construction supplies
Good company to start your career
Overall nice place to work. My manager was so great to work for but corporate office controlled all advancements but didn't see your work ethic since they were located elsewhere.
Busy work environment with great people and customers
All orders would be pulled the night before. Get to work at 6 AM and pull all orders that came in overnight. Load up the trucks with the drivers. I would then route their deliveries. One around DC/Arlington; Two around the Beltway into Maryland; Three a local driver that covered anywhere from Chantilly to Woodbridge or even to Winchester. While drivers were making their runs I was in the warehouse counting inventory, pulling orders, helping customers, loading/unloading other trucks that were delivering materials into our warehouse. Using a forklift when needed. Drivers all come back (if they were back early enough I would send them back out on a local delivery), they would then assist in pulling orders and cleaning warehouse. Pull the trucks into the warehouse, lock up. And do it all again tomorrow.

I learned a lot of things from this job such as Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Database Management, Staff/Driver Management. I also become proficient in Prophet 21, eventually switching to SAP and becoming proficient in that as well.

Hardest part of the job was getting in 3 or 4 trucks at a time. Some with only DeWalt tools, Some with 20 foot long pieces of strut, and some with multiple skids of nails/screws/bolts/washers/etc.

Most enjoyable part of the job was constantly being active. There was not a lot of down time which made it enjoyable for me. The more there is for me to do, the more accomplished I feel at the end of each day.
Pros
Work environment, friendly customers, coworkers
Cons
n/a
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.