Ramada Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 868 reviews matching the search See all 1,896 reviews
Great company to work for
Assistant Director of Sales / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 23, 2019
I will forever be grateful for the opportunity working for this company. It allowed me the opportunity to get into the hospitality industry and work with some amazing people.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Better owners/management
A Nice Place to Work; decent salary
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101March 19, 2019
Workloads fluctuate with business. However, coworkers are friendly, kind and collaborative on issues when raised. Superiors are easily available and flexible with regards to associates need for days off to take care of other life commitment.
Pros
Healthcare, 30 mins. break, two 10 mins. break
Cons
No free lunch & 401K
A drag
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 11, 2019
I will not go back to work at Ramada inn because the management is not good and the head ppl there like some of the workers and some they don't. I hated it
Pros
Long hrs
Cons
Short breaks
Great for learning hotel maintenance
housekeeping, laundry, and front desk (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 25, 2019
Worked daytime hours and I prefer later/overnight hours.
Typical day at work, maintaining the grounds and building, fulfilling work order request for maintenance such as air conditioner units not working.
Learned all areas, not contracted out, of hotel maintenance.
Management was fine, handled contacting contractors and supported me by teaching.
Workplace culture was good, I get along with people and had no issues.
The hardest part of the job was working days, I prefer night and overnight.
The most enjoyable was learning so much about the maintenance.
Great co-workers ineffective management
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYFebruary 18, 2019
A typical work day was 8 hours, the management was ineffective and played favorites, the co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with, the hardest part of the job was dealing with management.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
no health care or sick days
fun place to work
hotel banquet beverage mgr. (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARFebruary 15, 2019
worked for the hotel subsidutaty worked for j k edmondson inc this company was great people great helpm great and job was great would go back at any time if asked
Was a fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILFebruary 14, 2019
this job was very enjoyable do to its varied job had an enclosed pool and play area with bar and it was always an interesting day when one went into work
Pros
food was discounted and drinks in bar
Cons
it was a stressful job at times
Great place to work if you love slow-pace!
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoy this job a lot. I just need to find a job that offers benefits and better pay. Everyone in this establishment is caring and compassionate towards the guests. Im proud of my time here.
Pros
Emergency free hotel stays incase of emergency, family feel with the staff, management cares
Typical Day at Work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 3, 2019
This is a very relaxed atmosphere. I like being very personable with guest, making them feel comfortable and welcomed. I have learned the different front office duties and enjoy working their. Management is great and is very clean. I enjoy my co-workers and the guest.
Pros
discounts for employees
Cons
not paid enough
Great place to advance and network
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 28, 2019
All and all was a great experience. Would recommend it to anyone looking to get into the hospitality field. Awsome benefits when traveling along with employment.
Fun place to work great people
Receptionist front desk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 27, 2019
Personally think we should have received a bonus or more pay for all of their requirements on a daily basis. I did not feel appreciated. People are great but we had no manager at one point. Which made it even harder
Pros
Flexible hours/ schedule
Cons
Unpaid breaks, no bonus, no raises, unappreciated
Ramada Inn
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 25, 2019
A very welcoming business to work for. The owner was very concerned about their business. My co-workers were very accommodating and helpful in my transition of working with them as team.
just need a push in right direction.
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
The Drama Ramada!!!
When working there you will learn other skills because someone is always walking off, putting you in a position to do another job duty.
Pros
Free breakfast from 6am-10am everyday.
Cons
Elevator doesn't always work.
Average
Hotel Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 24, 2019
I worked sometimes supervised and sometimes unsupervised. There was little room for advancement in that position and minimal pay therefore I chose to leave.
Cons
No Health Care No Paid Time Off or Sick Time
N/a
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Strasburg, VAJanuary 22, 2019
The management was aweful, they would try to get you in trouble over the littlest things. They complained about every little thing you'd do. The manager was at least 80 years old.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor Management
Poor
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 21, 2019
This is a locally owned company that is owned by a individual. They do not believe in raises. Worked there over a year with no absences, or tardy's and never received a raise in pay...The people that work there are good people but they can not keep people because they do not compensate them fairly.
Pros
People
Poor Management
Front Desk Receptionist/Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 13, 2019
Working for Ramada Inn Suites was very fast pace and at times was cutthroat I think it was due to poor management. Other than that I really enjoyed learning the experience of working in the hotel business and interacting with guest.
Pros
Corporate discount
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay
Overall Good Place To Start At.
Front Desk Receptionist / Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 12, 2019
I’ve defintely had my fair share of difficult guests but other than that we do have lots of regular guests and you get to build bonds with them and also your fellow employees. A lot of the employees that work here are so kind and you learn to grow with each other instead of separate.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Management is kinda rough
It is a productive place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 10, 2019
A normal day at the Ramada is usually just checking people in and restocking small things. I have gained a lot of costumer service experience, as well, as knowing how to handle complaints and different issues.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
not that much time off
As a Guest Service Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Working at the Ramada Suites was a great experience, I enjoyed interacting with the clients and helping the sales department with the large groups that came into the Hotel.
Pros
a wide variety of areas to learn, views of the city
Cons
at the time did not offer direct deposit