Rambus Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They Sucked completely
ASIC/Embedded Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 13, 2018
Very Tyrannical. A totally abusive work environment. Design Projects were not important, Legal and security issues were all that mattered.
Management was Technically incompetent,and hired contractors to clean up messes.
Pros
Cons
all of them
Company closed
Production Planner / Scheduler II (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMarch 21, 2018
CEO closed company - no options available
It was a great place to work. Coworkers were very friendly and we worked well together and meet all customer obligations. Just Headquarters made the decision to close.
Famous for Layoffs
Planning Manager/ Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 26, 2018
They'll drop you like a hot potato and blindside you with it. Like to do it around Christmas. Nice holiday gift. Lay you off right before Christmas. Cold blooded company.
Pros
Work/Life balance and great benefits
Cons
Awful management.
phone call dismissal
qulaity control production (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHDecember 12, 2017
Poor communications about my job status and received call from third party contractor at 10:00 PM about employment termination. The handful of co-workers were all nice.
Love working with smart people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 8, 2017
I always have a new challenge and feel as though I add to my skill sets everyday that I come to work at Rambus. Since they are a mid-sized company - each accomplishment matters and is visible. Most of the culture is very collaborative and working with smart people encourages me to be at my best too.
Pros
Great Benefit Package, Good Pay Scale
Cons
Hard shifting into Product focus; but it's needed
Fun work place!
Graphic Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 2, 2017
Updating and migrating sales documents using Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word. Building and revising charts and diagrams utilizing PowerPoint drawing tools, shapes and smart objects. Setting template and master sheet styles. Designing banners, posters, environmental graphics, icons, and other collateral based on existing designs and guidelines. Preparing technical drawings for web consumption.
Pros
Great company environment
Cons
contractors receive little benefits.
Good place to work, great benefit
Principal Engineer in DFT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2016
Good place to work. Great benefits and good work culture. Lots of restructuring going on, upper management is looking for diversification.
Ok place to work. not much motivation from my supervisor
Sr. Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 28, 2016
High turnover rate in my opinion. My division is still finding future growth direction. My group directors has low visibility to what is going on with key project therefore his decision is not productive to the company.
Pros
Allow self development
Cons
Very limited new projects.
Excellent company
VP, Corporate Finance/Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2016
Excellent company to work for, great culture, environment, etc. The Company really takes care of its employees. Employees come first
Pros
Cons
Business model
Interactive Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Worked in video production type workflow. Tagged and marked-up video content to enable an interactive viewing experience on mobile devices. Encoded video to different formats for processing. Entered meta-data associated with objects in videos into a content management system. Provided creative input regarding projects. Provided user feedback aimed at improving software tools. Created guidelines on how to use the product. Trained interns on the use of systems and processes. Worked in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines. Learned a lot about interactive technology and how to work in a fast paced environment. I learned that there is many methods that i had to use to manage people I worked with that had different capabilities (bad & good).