RANCHO MOTOR COMPANY Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Concierge Services (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 4, 2018
Not satisfied on how this Company treats their staff and customers...I learned a lot but, not working at any other Dealership ever again. The experience there was always one sided, walking on egg shells, and a constant stress on changes...overall they just need to have a new owner with a better feel to make the business more successful.
Amazing environment, entrepreneur mentality
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92392November 29, 2018
My favorite place I have ever worked at. the vision for success and management is so helpful the only way to fail at Rancho motors is if you fail yourself.
Great job
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 7, 2018
The company was changing in many ways and reducing employees and GM was making the dealers pay off the old commercial inventory off the flooring and sent them in a frenzy Owner had to keep cutting till they couldn't pay the money to keep good employees
Pros
great company
Cons
small family owned didn't have the money rescource
Horrible place to work
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 29, 2017
Very high turnover. As soon as someone proved to be honest and ethical, they were fired. So many illegal accusations flying around about padding loan applications, discrimination, etc. lawsuits were pending so i got out before they were actually sued.
Fast paced environment
Inventory Control Clerk / Warranty Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 10, 2017
I came into the position after their previous inventory clerk left abruptly. I had 2 weeks worth of Inventory to go over, and payables to catch up on. It was sink or swim in the beginning but once I was able to catch up it went much smoother.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
Work was allowed to pile up before I started
Great place to work, many long term employees
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2017
I've worked here for over 5 years. I love this company.Family run, great training from GM and internally. The company participates is many local events and programs. We get free lunch each month at our employee meeting. Very good pay and benefits.
Pros
free lunch once a month, medical/dental, 401k, vacation
Cons
some people don't realize that all dealerships are open 7 days a week til 9pm
PARTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA 92392November 17, 2017
Rancho Motor Co. at time I worked there they were a Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile and Nissan Dealership. A well run Dealership with a good workplace culture.
Avoid this company like the plague
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 20, 2012
I can't speak to the service department or the body shop but the sales department is a joke. The managers are only interested in stabbing each other in the back and taking each others jobs. The managers are not there to make deals they are there to yell and scream and act a fool. They expect you to commit to them completely and have no other life outside of selling cars and they all are living in the past. This company has no grasp on the current state of the car business. They believe it is the early 2000's and not 2012. Even if you are broke and desperate DON'T WORK HERE
Cons
everything
Under valued employees
employee (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 3, 2014
If you're looking for a place that just views you as dollar sign, this is the place for you. Do you want to be under valued? Not get paid what your worth? Medical benefits that you won't be able to afford to cover your family? This place can't keep their processes the same for long, so the way they tell you to do something is always changing. The training is atrocious, none of the new hires are trained properly. You just get thrown in to sink or swim. Vacation pay is a joke, you'll never be able to afford to actually take a vacation. The only thing that makes the day bearable is some of the great co-workers. Which is actually dwindling since people are quitting for better jobs.
Pros
Once a month free lunch, yearly employee BBQ
Cons
see below
Good Workplace
Driver/Vallet/Washer (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2017
I went to work every day and didn't have problems with other workers or management. Out of the six years that I worked with the company, I never received a raise, so I left.
A job's a job as long as it's well done...
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 5, 2016
Overall, the company itself and the "higher ups" aren't necessarily great. There is a lot of high school mentality in the place. My direct manager was great, but his boss, and his bosses boss were not exactly stellar. Everyone in the middle seems to be looking for a scapegoat when things go wrong, and they tend to place that mantel on the peons, like those in "customer care".

A typical work day consists of over a dozen of cars being washed, dried and vacuumed, then parked for customer pickup. Most of the time, the day goes by fast with very few issues. The great days are the ones when you get to transport a vehicle to another lot out of town, or even a local vehicle delivery. The work is dependable, and as long as you don't fall into the drama of that aforementioned high school mentality that most others working there have, you'll be fine.
Pros
Free hamburgers on meeting days, and the customer care/detail department manager
Cons
coworkers, most managers and customer complaints regarding rims.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. The staff was great, family owned. They really cared about their employees. Noting out of the ordinary to report.
productive
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at Rancho Motor Company was up beat and most people were happy to be there. Customers were generally up beat and the sales team was a constant positive attitude
Pros
the people
Cons
the atmoshpere
free gold on fridays
Fleet Internet Director (Former Employee) –  appl valleyJuly 26, 2016
why are you making me do all these reviews. this is the fourth one you have asked me to do for the same company. please stop. iam over all these question please stop.