Rancho Santiago Community College District Employee Reviews

Professional
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 8, 2017
I've worked as a part time instructor for many years. Everyone I deal with at the college is professional, courteous, always willing to help, and seems to enjoy their job.
Pros
flexability
Instructional Assistant - Easy Going
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 1, 2017
I only worked a few hours a week for 1 class. This is a great part-time position to work while still in school. It is a friendly, relaxed, and small campus with easy navigation.

The individuals who assist you with your time-sheet (now online) always have an upbeat demeanor and are more than willing to go out of their way to help you out.

This position will help you develop interpersonal communication skills, enhance your e-mail writing skills, introduce you to clerical work, and perhaps familiarize you with excel.
Pros
Small Campus, Relaxed Environment, Good for Part-Time Employment
Great
Adjunct Faculty Member, Santa Ana College (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work, other than the politics. Enjoyed working with the students and helping them achieve their goals. The job is what you make of it and not structured at all.
Good Organization
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 23, 2017
Good Organization. Work can be slow at times and there are constraints on how much you can do in your position which is good and bad. Pay is okay, Medical benefits are awesome.
Pros
Company Benefits, Off all Holidays.
Cons
Mandatory to work 10 hour days during Summer.
Great! It is wonderful.
Professor of Political Science (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 7, 2017
No complaints at all. It is great place to work for and lots of wonderful and kind people. I am proud to be an educator. I love SCC. And I am loyal to them.
Education
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 31, 2017
Great benefits and co workers.
It works well when your helping the community and the school system. There's allot of work behind any educational school.
benefits
Cons
contracts
great rate of pay and pleaseant cowrkers
TECHINCAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 10, 2017
Overall a typical day was at a moderate speed. I learned how to create a inventory for the campuses technical devices. Management varied ,but overall decent. The work culture was pleasant. The hardest part would be inconsistency in training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Rate of pay!
Positive working environment
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orange,caJune 28, 2017
Days were filled with students entering and leaving consistently. They would come visit the office to meet with the coordinator to conduct monthly sheduled appointments, to get supplies, or receive tutor aid.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
Limited space.
A close-knit work community with flexible hours and helpful management.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 28, 2017
A typical day as an IA for the Rancho Santiago District's Adult Education revolves around data entry, attendance monitoring, and restocking of educational materials. That is the core of the job. Anything more is rarely required of you. I recommend, however, that you quickly try to learn any other ways readily available to you as a paid body in the room to be of additional help, provided you can keep up on your core work at the same time. The job feels much more rewarding when you can make use of every minute, fitting in some time for going over tests with your students, or running a project (frequently alike to fixing up or digitizing some old printouts or tests) in your spare time. Your coworkers should be very easy to get along with, and most students are a real pleasure to work with. Overall, the work is almost entirely stress-free, although it can certainly keep you busy. And if doesn't do so at first, I recommend again that you find additional ways to pitch it. The management does take note.
Pros
Relatively stress-free work.
Cons
Can be difficult to tie down hours for longer periods of time if taking on other employment
Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  CECJuly 30, 2016
I've taught here for many years. I love everyone I have had the opportunity to work with. I wish I was full-time but they don't want to pay benefits. I'm paid well for what I do and I have so much respect for my students. It's unfortunate that I have to leave but I can't provide for my family on a part time job.
Pros
Staff, resource center, pay is good
Cons
Part time, no change foreseeable, no benefits
Great place to work , excellent crew and supervisor
offsetlithographer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 15, 2016
Operate printing press , bindery , cutter and work with customers , staff and vendors . Meet all timelines given and produce quality work for entire district . Mix inks for color match , shoot camera , make plates . Do maintenance and warehouse .
Pros
Great work place
Cons
2009 cut departments .
Noted below
Adminisitrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 10, 2012
While working on a temporary basis, I noted that management made their own schedules and were indecisive on coming to a decision on how certain items were handled. Ex: too many revisions on a letter prior to sending. No set procedures for the office. Too lengthy lunch breaks. Waste of materials. Puncuality and attendance.
Pros
recognition of employees at luncheons..
Cons
overlooked potential from temp to hire positions.