Randa Accessories Employee Reviews

poor management
Inbound Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAMarch 13, 2018
major micro management company. too many managers giving orders that has conflicting outcomes. management has personal feelings causing internal issues like taking sides or favoritism
confussion
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 20, 2018
When originally hired I knew pretty much exactly what I was hired for, and was told I would be receiving mileage for driving outside of my area. The manager I was hired under is now gone from the company, and because everything with her was verbal I will no longer receive mileage for trips I would have taken before, so now I just don't do them. That leaves me with extremely limited hours. sometimes only two hours per month. No, that is not a typo. If you need a job where you can actually make money, you need to be working in a town that services multiple locations, not in a small town.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
not enough work
no training by leads
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVFebruary 15, 2018
There is/was a complete lack of communication. You were not told that you are working over time till five minutes before your supposed to leave. half the time my overtime was worked in a different department where everybody else left for the day. you are not given the option of working the overtime. Department leads don't train you or refuse to train you so you have to ask someone else and hopefully they are telling you the right way.
It is a cliquey enviroment. very few if any people actually speak English. whole warehouse is incentive based pay. not one person could make quotas, if they did they threatened to quit before making it.
Pros
lots of overtime usually over 60 hours a week
Cons
management
Randa Overworks
Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Randa Accessories has a great office environment. However, the boss was behind on streaming anything with technology so everything had to be done step-by-step to deal with each consumer; which would reach more than 100 complaints/interviews, shipping orders, and follow-ups for every consumer daily.
Pros
Office events
Cons
No one takes responsibility and passes it on to someone else.
Poorly managed
Sr. Merchandiser|Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
It felt like we were in high school. The sales team had very little product knowledge. Lacking in camaraderie. Most people were out for their best interest and not their team.
Working with different accounts and associates everyday. However no advancement opportunities for advancement or payrate increases
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Never boring as you get to visit a different retailer everyday and work with different people. Must be a self starter. Micro managed a bit.
Unfortunetly no room for advancement, not even pay rate increases.
Pros
Working with different clients everyday.
Cons
No advancement opportunites or pay rate increases
Excellent group of talent
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  McCarran, NVJanuary 16, 2018
I was very lucky to get my job at Randa, I have been so fortunate to work with an amazing group of dedicated people. I admire the dedication and willingness to work as a team to accomplish our goals.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
High floor associate turnover
intern
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Randa was not a bad place to be but who I was working under wasn't the greatest. She typically gave me tedious jobs and I tended to have to ask around for more work because all she had me do was wait around for her to find me something to do.
Thankfully many of the other people in the office loved to help me out and give me projects that I could actually learn and grow from. I am very grateful for them because they really made my time there amazing.
cut throat work environment
Assistant Sourcing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
No team work.
Pour management and advancement.
Raises are hard to get.
Best part was leaving at 5pm.
Hardest part was working overtime because no teamwork.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
pay and healthcare
poor salary, falling behind
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILNovember 8, 2017
company full of young, bright individuals with a management staff stuck in the past. Lots of turnover. No work from home options, tough commute. Work life balance is slim. Company works to promote quickly and from within which is great. Job description is constantly changing. Departments seem separated and not part of the team.
Pros
good amount of PTO
Cons
Poor Salary, No Work life Balance
Stressful and a people come and go often.
Office Work (Former Employee) –  St. Rose, LAOctober 19, 2017
The management is a joke. They seem to only care about how the company does and not how their employees are doing or how they feel.

When you communicate with others in the eastern states offices, and you are told that they have left for the day because it's "summer hours" you wonder why your office is not given these benefits. You also hear that their eastern states offices are going to 'town hall meetings', holiday parties, and you wonder if you work for the same company.
Pros
Its a stepping stone until you find something better
Cons
Bad managers
Good work family
Lead in Quality Control and Bulk Orders (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 16, 2017
Some what of a good place to work, Management used to be awesome, since new management took over it started to be a little cut throat, favoritism, Good benefits.
Pros
The associates
Cons
Not a good place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVOctober 13, 2017
In the USA they have offices in different states but the company as a whole does not treat their employees the same way. Some management is located in New York or Chicago and some of the staff is located in states like Nevada or Louisiana and the perks that are given in the New York or Chicago offices are not passed down to the Nevada or Louisiana offices. Morale is terrible because of it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management is a joke.
Not a good work culture
Sourcing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Management style is horrific. They play the role of a parent instead of a boss. People do not work as a team. Everyone wants to throw you under the bus. No real training and processes are constantly changing without proper training. It is like a revolving door. People are constantly leaving.
Pros
Some of the co-workers are nice
Cons
Poor workplace culture
Great benefits
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAAugust 9, 2017
This job was amazing it is, however a production based job and I could not keep up. The hour some time were long but for the most part Monday through Friday and get off at a decent time. If I know then what I know about myself I would most likely still be working there.
inadequate training
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Rose, LA 70087July 25, 2017
stressful work environment. Expectations are unrealistic. Noisy work environment. conflicting management styles. Insufficient training. Constant write ups for superficial reasons.
secure work place
Specialist Logistics (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAJuly 3, 2017
Randa is a Family company, secure place to work good coworkers.
Big company around the world, if you need a secure job Randa is for you. retirement place
Cons
grow opportunities
Good, not Good
Sr. Management (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 29, 2017
Lots of fires, chasing business, and meetings were daily activities. Really wears on a person. Constant change, moving the chess pieces around (us), and wondering if the axe would drop were also concerns.

Things I enjoyed - company outings, get-togethers, the feeling of accomplishment when you actually could accomplish something and "enjoy" the outcome (most days you didn't even have time to think about what you were actually doing), and quiet time when management was traveling.
Pros
Lots of alcohol at company outings, if that is your thing / growth for "management's" favorites / bonus program
Cons
Company runs lean, REALLY lean - never enough people to do the work needed, especially in a less than desirable economic state, public/obvious favoritism, lack of imagination in the office decor
Lack of Management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Poor job security, Lack of management, worst health insurance on earth. Lack of communication, improvise all the time, it's really hard to advance from your current position.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Health insurance
Poor management.
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJune 8, 2017
Ineptitude is rewarded. Intelligence and hard work are overlooked.
Ageism, sexism, and racism are present.
Qualified personnel are often either overlooked for promotions or eliminated.
Pros
Occasional pizza
Cons
Many. Poor management, unclear and indecisive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randa Accessories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight