Randall Family Companies Employee Reviews

Terrible typical big company
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2019
You better be part of the click in Tampa. Real shady and all cover for each other’s mistakes. If your any good and a threat they will run you out and set you up to fail
Pros
Checks never bounced
Cons
Incompetent pms
Grow To Your Best Potential
Service (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Randall is a great company with over 1,000 employees. Employees range from 30 years at Randall to First day on the job. You are empowered at Randall and given the support required to succeed and grow. You do work hard each day as you are challenged with new tasks and ideas. Overall, If you are looking at Randall in your future endeavors, just know that they provide Careers not just a job.
No Value placed on employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2019
No job security, Continuall turnover of people (both quitting and getting fired) due to poor management. Too many companies with no organization between them, no-one knows what the protocol is so it looks like the employees don’t know what they are doing, very un professional and embarrassing to be a part of. Do your due diligence when considering accepting an offer, including reading between the lines on the15 positive reviews on this company all on Dec 26th and 27th. They are probably not going to provide you with an accurate picture of the workplace environment. The other (non 4 or 5 star) reviews were pretty accurate based on my experience.
Pros
Cons
Poor management-High turnovers
Large scale. Well financially backed. Provides many opportunities for advancement.
Plumbing Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Raymond James Stadium, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Very family oriented company. Highly organized. Up-to date with current tech. Excellent benefits. The sky is truly the limit at Randall Mechanical, Inc.
Challenging but rewarding workplace.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 27, 2018
There is much career advancement in Randall Mechanical, specifically since Randall has been so successful in maintaining a good amount of work throughout the year. It is quick-paced and require much adaptability, but if one is determined this is the place for you to be.
Great company for personal growth!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 27, 2018
If you're looking for a career where you have lots of opportunity to learn, grow, and be the best that you can be all while being a part of a great team, Randall is for you. The culture really does have a family mentality, and we're all working towards three common goals: bettering ourselves, bettering our peers, and bettering the company as a whole.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not many places to get lunch close by
Great team/family atmosphere with driven/dedicated individuals
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2018
Really enjoy working for the company. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people within the company working together to better the community.
Also, employee safety is at the utmost importance whether it pertain to field or office personnel.
Lots of opportunities to grow. Appreciate the in-house training in learning a trade that I can turn into a lifelong career.
Pros
Great Benefits, An Owner who Cares
Exellent enviroment for develop your leadership skills.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2018
The challenge for improve yourself is as a daily basis. Never get boring.
On the other hand, a long way to go for implement better HR&PM practices.
Great school for grow as a professional, in the construction field.
Pros
Time Management
Cons
Lack of more clear SOP
Job Security
Fire Protection (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 26, 2018
In the field I work in it is important to stay on top of technologies. I have been given all the equipment/programs I have requested and more. Plus the training needed for MY future, no matter where I work. Lastly, since I have been employed with Randall, I have experienced everything we spoke about in the interview. I feel the important thing is to be clear about and understand your job before you accept any job offers. Ever!
Pros
Accessible managers
Cons
Medical Insurance Plans
Challeging, rewarding team to work with
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 26, 2018
Randall Mechanical supervision does not harbor over your shoulder while you work. They provide the tools you need to do your job and hold you accountable for achieving success. This is a team approach that is challenging yet rewarding. Almost everyone I meet here is at the top of their field, which is nice because you spend less time mentoring and more time collaborating.
Pros
Family atmosphere, fast paced, no micro-management
Cons
tough to find parking
great!
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 26, 2018
great place to work!!! everybody is awesome to work with and very friendly. it gives you a sense of family. if you are a hard working, dedicated, and fast pace kind of employee this is the place for you. this company is all about moving up career wise. they offer lots of opportunities if you work hard. this company is constantly growing and it is great to be apart of that.
Pros
offer insurance and benifits, constantly growing, paid vactions
Cons
insurance a little steep
If you want to work at a place where you will become a professional, Randall is the place for you!
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 26, 2018
Randall was a whole new world for me, before this company I never had experienced the things I know now, I have learned so much in the past 10 months I have been working here,I still learn new things everyday, management is so understanding, professional and helpful, the CEO as well, he is one of the people I look up to the most, I thank the company for receiving me and teaching me a new life style and helping me grow as a professional, can't wait for what the future holds for me in the company.
Rapidly Expanding Company
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 26, 2018
I have been with Randall for 4 years and its been great to see the growth and culture in the company. If you are the right person and have the correct mindset, the sky is the limit. There are lots of opportunities to grown and be challenged. My experience has been positive from the moment I arrived. I love coming in everyday and helping people and also look ahead on how I can help make the company as a whole more efficient.
Pros
Working in a fast paced environment that is continually growing
Cons
There are no cons if your willing to put in the work
Good Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2018
Good place to learn since they have multiple divisions.

Great culture and environment.

Employees get treated right.

Very good support from the management team.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
Holidays not effective until 6 months of employment.
Family Atmosphere, Growing Company, Plenty of advancement oppurtunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 26, 2018
Randall Mechanical is a great place to work with tons of advancement opportunities providing competitive compensation/benefits. The CEO is personally invested in the development of everyone at this company and is driven by the successes of each individual that works here. Even through the unbelievable growth Randall has experienced over the last 10 years they have been able to maintain a family business atmosphere which creates a wonderful team approach in the day to day activities between different departments.
Pros
Rewarded for effort and achievements, Advancement Opportunities, High Growth Rate, Management Cares about employees successes
Cons
Must be a self starter, Must be willing to take personal responsibility for choices.
Great place to work!
Electrical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2018
I work in the Tampa branch (Electrical) and I love it! Great environment and great employees. Awesome support from the Apopka team and great future opportunities.
Pros
Culture, Support, Professionalism
Cons
Branding, New to the Tampa market
Great Place to work
Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) –  Central FloridaDecember 26, 2018
Excellent company to work for with lots of opportunities to grow, I am a perfect example of how you can grow with the company. The company culture is family oriented not a corporate one.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent work culture, lots of room to grow.
Cons
Cut and glue pvc and fittings
Plumbing prefab (Former Employee) –  Apopka FLOctober 11, 2018
Management kept changing, work for 11.50 per hour, 40 hours a week, no bennifets. Reading blue prints, cutting copper pipe, sweating pipe and fittings, not my favorite company to work for.
Pros
Off early
Cons
Bad management
Productive n a great place to work. Fast paced and very competitive
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2018
Truly enjoyed my time there. Learned a lot. Great company workers. Family and friendly atmosphere. Fast paced. Great opportunity to advance. Warehouse was a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes the job can be very demanding
Stressful sometimes
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 2, 2018
Right now not giving to many hours and is stressful with the foreman right there, sometimes they want you to do the job with out the right equipment or material.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randall Family Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Randall Family Companies.

Powered by Comparably