Randalls/Tom Thumb Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 25, 2017
The atmosphere here is great. Especially on the front end. The management when I was there was great but I know he has since been moved to another store.
Pros
Friendly management
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I love this company. The people I work with were awesome always had a great days work with them. Didn't worry about any job confusion or mess. We were well balanced.
Pros
Weekly pay
Quick paced environment
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoSeptember 12, 2017
Would work at Randalls again if the right opportunity presents itself. Love all the items available for me and my family. Staff is always helpful and ready to assist.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work, great people, and environment, great location and all. Banking inside as well as Starbucks great customer service and employees thank you.
Fun, Productive
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2017
Being here was my second family in a way. People from administration really like to train for advancement within the company. Very proactive in companies future goals.
Place to work
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
It's a great place to work. I just don't like the fact that they won't fire bad employees that hurts a department. The managers are really nice people.
Very disorganized
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
Was told when hired would be full time. That was cut to 32 hrs then 20 then 12 then 5. Every week is a new excuse as to why everyones hours are cut. Sat with store manager one week when i was scheduled 12 hours and he told me he would fix the problem. Instead 3 more people were hired and even less hours. Company was bought out 2 years ago as I was told, by Albertson's. I heard our HR quit ans no one knows who to report to on issues. Ive emailed corporate before and complained on the lack of hours leaving us very short staffed. All I got was a call saying new system coming soon. Its a very frustrating place to work since I genuinely care for my customers but very few others seem to. Pretty embarrassing! If you have bills to pay keep searching. If your a kid who wants low hours then go for it, but good luck.
Pros
Mostly nice customers, some friendly staff
Cons
Lack or hours, lack of responsibility
alright place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 22, 2017
Randall's was a good place to start for me, but they did not give me hours I was hoping for. They gave me very little hours and do not pay enough. I learned a skill of how to be a cashier so that was helpful.
Pros
busy
Cons
too strict, not paid enough
For my first job this was the best
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
I am really thankful to have worked here for my first job. I learned a lot about customer service and learning to work with a team. they were always flexible with my school schedule and offered opportunities to grow. I always enjoyed the people I worked with as well.
High volume workplace with friendly staff and discounts.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2017
Randall's has a very diversified staff. The work is fast paced, but fun. I appreciated the flexible scheduling and the employee discounts. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling; discounts
Cons
Hours can be seasonal.
Too much to do, not enough people
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 1, 2017
Since being acquired by Albertsons safeway has gone down hill. They no longer provide enough hours to have enough people on to get everything done. I've watched multiple employees walk out or just not show up entirely, this has been leading to a revolving door of improperly trained employees that have to fight to do their job. No one gets paid enough for any of this.
Pros
Cons
It either rains or pours in every single aspect
slow and boring for my taste
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXFebruary 27, 2017
slow and boring time dragged and the people had no smiles on there face. to me it was just a job. short on workers and went home tired so tired but i did my best
Pros
slow
Cons
very slow
Great place of employment
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Typical work day was ringing up groceries and bagging them up as well. I learned to be fast on the check stand to get the customers out. It was a very busy store. Management was awesome and did a very well job. Hardest part of the job was rude customers. Most enjoyable part was the nice and loving customers.
Not organized
Asst market mgr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great job,but they are being combined with another company and nobody knows who we work for.to many changes each day.,to many ideas and nobody to make final decisions
Pros
Good work
Cons
Good work
Poor Work Environment
Lead Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Store Directors are highly unprofessional and unappreciative. I worked in a big store and was the only cake decorator with an average of 10 cakes and a case to fill within 8 hours. Constantly got scolded and never got a thank you. Got in a severe car accident in which caused fractured collar bone and a cervical sprain and was told to be into work the next day.
I prefer not to disclose.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
I prefer not to disclose any information of previous or current companies and employers that I've had the pleasure working for.
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 20, 2016
They were friendly and welcoming. They treat every one like family. They go out of there way to help you. They will answer all of your questions.
Pros
The people
Cons
Management makes the job hard
Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2016
Everyday is the same, but different at the same time. Customers at my specific location are entitled and very hard to please, but nice when compensated with good service and attention. Management has no control over employees, bad attitudes, don't care about job. Co-workers are laid back and the ones who show up like their job the most, though some can be really unreliable which makes the environment hard to stay consistent in.
Fun work place, not hard work, need more pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
check out customers with their purchase, face products on shelf, assist in other departments that need help