Randalls/Tom Thumb Employee Reviews

Poor management and no room for advancement
Head Cashier/Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2018
I worked for this place for two years along side people who had been with this company for 10+ years who hadn't seen a raise in years. The rotation of store managers was unorthodox to say the least. We were trained one way with one store director, and six months later and new one in the old ones place, exclaiming we do everything wrong. This would happen often.
Pros
10 percent discount on groceries
Cons
short breaks, lunches not provided, shared employee restrooms with the public, no chance for full time hire.
Good environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
Kind of stressful but pay is okay . Also the workers are very friendly. Management doesn’t really find time for other employees. Good place To shop and work.
Dont work here!!!!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2018
Don't do it! Do not ever work for this company!!!! BEFORE Albertson took over it was a very good company to work for. After Albertsons merged with Randalls Upper management will belittle you and make you fill worthless.
productive place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 12, 2018
good to work for. flexible with you. I learned about the deli area. The grill and how to cook on it .culture is very diverse from all walks of life. hardest part was gathering baskets . had to deal with heat.
Pros
discounts on products
Es Otro Empleo de esos Divertidos
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Es un Poco Rapido y Pesado ya que te enfrentas a las Cantidades Irregulares de Clientes (a veces Muchas y aveces Pocas depende de la Temporada), Aprendes a Hacer Muchas cosas en un deli, que tienen que ver con la Comida Rapida, y Comida Saludable.
Pros
Todos los Beneficios
Cons
Tu Trabajo es Parecido al Full time, Incluso Siendo Part Time.
Laid back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Randalls on Lake Austin was fun and exciting. Not much of a challenge. Easy system to learn and good management. Location was prime for summertime and Holidays.
A great experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2018
I had a very great experience while work for Randall. It help me further my career with food by working in the deli. I learned a lot of new skills Working there.
Good hours, but not enough employees.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2018
During rush hour moments, their wasn't enough help to make sure customers were helped in a reasonably, timely fashion. Often times the manager would be uneasy to find, and you would have to call for help over the loud speaker and wait 1-5 minutes for help.
Pros
They will give you a good amount of hours.
Cons
Sometimes managers would forget to relieve you for a break.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 25, 2017
The atmosphere here is great. Especially on the front end. The management when I was there was great but I know he has since been moved to another store.
Pros
Friendly management
Liked working there, but management was terrible.
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 18, 2017
I liked working for Randalls for the most part. However, the management at this particular store, at least during the time I was there, was insufficient and in need of change. Since then, they actually have let go of both problem people that were there.
Pros
good job overall, decent pay
Cons
management
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I love this company. The people I work with were awesome always had a great days work with them. Didn't worry about any job confusion or mess. We were well balanced.
Pros
Weekly pay
Quick paced environment
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoSeptember 12, 2017
Would work at Randalls again if the right opportunity presents itself. Love all the items available for me and my family. Staff is always helpful and ready to assist.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work, great people, and environment, great location and all. Banking inside as well as Starbucks great customer service and employees thank you.
Fun, Productive
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2017
Being here was my second family in a way. People from administration really like to train for advancement within the company. Very proactive in companies future goals.
Place to work
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
It's a great place to work. I just don't like the fact that they won't fire bad employees that hurts a department. The managers are really nice people.
Very disorganized
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
Was told when hired would be full time. That was cut to 32 hrs then 20 then 12 then 5. Every week is a new excuse as to why everyones hours are cut. Sat with store manager one week when i was scheduled 12 hours and he told me he would fix the problem. Instead 3 more people were hired and even less hours. Company was bought out 2 years ago as I was told, by Albertson's. I heard our HR quit ans no one knows who to report to on issues. Ive emailed corporate before and complained on the lack of hours leaving us very short staffed. All I got was a call saying new system coming soon. Its a very frustrating place to work since I genuinely care for my customers but very few others seem to. Pretty embarrassing! If you have bills to pay keep searching. If your a kid who wants low hours then go for it, but good luck.
Pros
Mostly nice customers, some friendly staff
Cons
Lack or hours, lack of responsibility
alright place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 22, 2017
Randall's was a good place to start for me, but they did not give me hours I was hoping for. They gave me very little hours and do not pay enough. I learned a skill of how to be a cashier so that was helpful.
Pros
busy
Cons
too strict, not paid enough
For my first job this was the best
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
I am really thankful to have worked here for my first job. I learned a lot about customer service and learning to work with a team. they were always flexible with my school schedule and offered opportunities to grow. I always enjoyed the people I worked with as well.
High volume workplace with friendly staff and discounts.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2017
Randall's has a very diversified staff. The work is fast paced, but fun. I appreciated the flexible scheduling and the employee discounts. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling; discounts
Cons
Hours can be seasonal.
Too much to do, not enough people
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 1, 2017
Since being acquired by Albertsons safeway has gone down hill. They no longer provide enough hours to have enough people on to get everything done. I've watched multiple employees walk out or just not show up entirely, this has been leading to a revolving door of improperly trained employees that have to fight to do their job. No one gets paid enough for any of this.
Pros
Cons
It either rains or pours in every single aspect