Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
61Average

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States149 reviews
The part I dislike about this company is not the work itself. The members are mostly nice (except the occasional member that thinks its okay to curse or threaten you) and the work is easy. The hardest part of the job is management. You can be told you will be promoted and never get it. I've seen people that truly deserve promotions and have been here 5+ years never get promoted. Favoritism is a big issue here. I've been to several branches and had several managers and it is blatant that there is favoritism all over. I would NOT recommend working at a branch. The most enjoyable part is training and getting to go back to headquarters for additional training. They take care of you there. They take care of the call center people way more and there seems to be way more opportunities for advancement and professional development there.
Pros
Pay, benefits, incentives, job stability
Cons
Management, advancement opportunities, workplace culture
Didnt enjoy working there.
Things are always changing and never for the better.

They pass out toys and fruit cups and then say "we appreciate everything you do"

The only thing that makes it worth staying are the people you work with. They make all the difference.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Micromanagement. Favoritism.
Pretty good place to work. It's a bit or miss if you get a great manager who's engaged, knowledgeable and able to motivate the team but thats pretty much any bank. Good luck.
Benefits
Cons
This is a good company to work for if - and only if -

You live in San Antonio.

You can work with micromanaging upper management.

You like constant (and completely needless) change in procedures.

Enjoy arbitrary enforcement of rules/policy.

RBFCU itself is a great company but the Lending side of things is a headache. Lower level management is usually a yes-man type role, and upper management will make sweeping changes that are needless, a headache for the staff, and make no sense. The main area of focus for this company is customer/member satisfaction, and not the well being of it's employees.

When hired you are told that there is massive room for advancement. But that's only if you live in the San Antonio area or are willing to move there. Otherwise, you're basically stuck in the same dead end job.

Find a different department to work for, don't let it be Lending/Mortgage.
Pros
Decent pay, job stability
Cons
Random change in management/policy, lack of transparency, dead end job.
Cons wages are low, there are not any growth development opportunities in the DFW area. Management favors certain staff. We are required to work three Saturdays a month. Saturday hours are from 8:30 until 4:00. We are required to wear many hats for the company and not get compensated. Example branch staff are required to be a teller, personal bankers, and call center staff. Pros medical insurance is paid by the company for employees. A Holiday bonus is given yearly.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
While the work was typical (banking), the attitude of the company and the care for employees and members alike shined through. Management was diverse, the culture was tight-knit but comforting, and it is very possible to meet longtime friends. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers problems and trying to help solve them.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and incentives, along with plenty of random acts of kindness towards employees.
I was really interested in accounting and business management until I got this job. All management wants you to do is push sales. They say the company is member-focused but that's an absolute joke.
Pros: Great company, great people.

Cons: Increase pay rate, not too low but with the cost of living in Austin could be beneficial to increase by a few dollars for the company to retain employees.
Management always gets the incentives and the crew is slavery. They are good at giving you leniency for personal. But your work efforts are not appreciated. Way too much favoritism, mgrs need to be really evaluated 100%
there was no room for advancement within the company. they still have a small bank mentality and weren't always open to new and innovative anything to be honest.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no room for growth
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union?
Company has excellent benefits such as 6% match on 401k and dental, health and vision insurance. Seek job in call center as they are treated better than member facing employees.
RBFCU. During my interview they didn't tell me I'd be responsible as a teller to meet a sales' quota of financial products & would lose my job if I didn't meet the quota. That is unethical as a hiring practice.
The teller training program doesn't adequately prepare a new teller to master the very complex DNA banking software. You are thrown into the deep in & expected to excel from the onset, which is fine, if there is grace extended for mistakes during the first 6 months. There was no grace - I quit after only 5 months, because of all the 'write-ups'.

The Bulverde branch has a particularly vicious working environment.

" Abandon hope all ye who enter here..." could aptly be place over the employee entrance.
RBFCU is a good company to work for generally. But the Bulverde Branch is an employee's disaster because of the work culture environment the manager has created there of fear & intimidation. She does not set up her employees for success. Regular staff vacancies there. Always a bad sign.
Nice company learn a lot about the banking industry. I enjoyed learning new systems and how each member has different issues which can cause them issues.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE JOBS AND BANKS!!! I always felt valued and appreciated; even from the higher "ranked" officials in the company. I loved coming to work every day. My team worked well together and my managers always sought teach and promote their employers.
I think they need to re-evaluate their training in the call center it’s stressful and too much information at one time, it’s tiring at the end of the day, it was not a good fit for me, it’s too much at one time it’s all about the members there make sure your employees are taken care of so the job can be done, another thing they have the most rude members that I have ever come across hope this helps someone
Opportunity to learn different things if you change departments from time to time. Beautiful building includes a gym and clinic for employee use, parking close to the building.
RBFCU deeply cares about the happiness of it’s employees! The supervisors always do everything in their control to make sure you’re up to date with new information.
My position was a fast paced stressful job with a lot of deadlines to meet. This position is not a social position. It was a satisfying position because of strategizing with customers to assist in ways to help them meet thier obligations and to collect money due to the credit union.
Family environment that treasures work/life balance. Employees are friendly and supportive. Management is supportive and encouraging. Professional environment.
Everyone is always listening. Do not show any sense of humor. Was routine for coworkers to tattle to management for very minor jokes or sarcastic private conversations.
Pros
Pay, 10 Percent 401k match
Cons
Toxic environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight