Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work at.
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 8, 2018
Good place to work for learned a lot about the banking business. Love working with customer helping them and other employee with all there problem. Would go back if they had opening.
Pros
Friendly people and great place.
Cons
Some employees hard to work for.
Reports Developer II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
Great place to work. The only thing I might change is the salary. The management is great and the work culture is great. There is no drama or gossip.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
pay
It's a great atmosphere
Consumer Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2018
Family feel in every department. Everyone works well with others. When the minimum wage was increased the current employees didn't see any compensation for the changes.
I would go back if I could
Senior Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXFebruary 26, 2018
I feel like they have changed since I left so I may not have accurate information. When I worked there they paid decent and there was room for advancement if you took the initiative. I wasn't always happy but the pay was well enough and the benefits were really good so I never willingly leave. Sometimes I did feel there was a little bit of nepotism and you wouldn't Advance or get the best pay increases unless you brown-nose the manager.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism, Senior Management a little disconnected from employees
Great place to build a long term career!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I love working here. Overall the company takes very good care of the employees well being. They have a great training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, health benefits and an awesome 401k. They encourage community service and support events as a group.
If you work hard in your position, are willing to learn & take advantage of leadership programs, build and network yourself within the company there will be job advancement opportunities.
RBFCU is growing. Yes, there can be lot of stress and change is constant here. It is becoming a more highly advanced work environment with technology and proficiency. Multitasking, positive attitude, and people skills are a MUST have! If you can keep up and manage yourself you will do great, if you stay behind and complain or question things then you might struggle.
Pros
Competitive pay, engaging corporate job culture, training and development program, community involvement.
Cons
No options for flexible hours, high levels of stress, poor communication.
Don't work here ever!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJanuary 26, 2018
High turn over rate, not the same company, poor managers, favoritism is rampant, getting a poor reputation for supposedly local company, guess they are getting too big for their britches', would not recommend this company to anyone, too stress full. Unfair working practices, don't expect to fair treatment, I don't even bank there anymore.
Pros
Cons
everything mentioned above
Great place to work, dependent on your surrounding.
Senior Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I worked for RBFCU for nearly four years. I advanced quickly but came to an abrupt ceiling, short of my expectations. Once I reached the Senior position, it felt impossible to advance. I was given an enormous amount of responsibility and nearly unrealistic deadlines, but performed to the best of my abilities and was never given credit, though I was never reprimanded for poor performance or effort. Most recently before departure, the minimum wage was raised significantly, with nothing offered in return to tenured employees for which the minimum wage raise did not apply. I was unhappy with this, as were others, but was around the same time terminated with short sighted reasoning.
Pros
Hour lunch, great benefits and retirement plan, compounding PTO. Yearly holiday bonus.
Cons
Your experience was dependent on surrounding. Some branches had great staff, some not so. Hard to reach upper management, much less express grievances or concerns. You only get a yearly raise when you become a supervisor.
dont work there if you dont plan to suck up
employee (Former Employee) –  live oakJanuary 3, 2018
It is all in who you know. Don't make a supervisor mad as they will look for reasons to terminate you, without real cause. You can work hard and meet your goals, but in reality they dont care about true recognition. If you meet you goal regularly and then don't it isn't a fun time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management stinks
They take care of you.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2017
I am only leaving, because I want to move to a different city. Otherwise, I am happy to stay. Upper management is communicative and open, they pay us well, benefits are great, and the sales culture is competitive, but not high stress. It's more about educating people, rather than making you hit quotas.

It was rough a few years ago, but things have improved. It's a strong CU, with a bright future ahead.
Pros
Supportive, cooperative, focus on job satisfaction
Cons
Saturdays till 4 p.m., stressful on management with only two in branch
I would definitely recommend this place for work
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2017
It is a rare opportunity to join a winning team with a purpose driven culture. If you are ever considering RBFCU for employment, take the step. The work culture, benefits and environment is refreshing from past employers.
Pros
Culturee and facilities
Cons
The pay isn't always competitive but the benefits make up for it.
Typical Financial Industry Job
Senior Lending Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
I do not have anything particularly negative, nor particularly positive to say about Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union as an employer. It is a typical financial industry job.
Good Job, Decent Hours, Little Opportunity
Consumer Lending Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2017
Great company with lower management that really cares for each individual! However, opportunity for promotion is somewhat rare and always highly competitive.
Pros
Excellent 401k and Christmas bonus (if applicable)
Cons
Little to no compensation for products sold, little opportunity for growth
Fun Place
Loan Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXAugust 15, 2017
only issue was favoritism with in co workers and management most times advancement was based on who you knew and hangout with also title work was a heavy load
Pros
Free Lunches and gift cards
Cons
stressful high call volume
Loved it.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for RBFCU and wish I had never left. The management is great and the atmosphere is awesome. The workshops they have to prepare their employees are super helpful and can be used in your professional career as well as in your personal life. The hardest part of the job was the sales. The goal may seem small but if you are not a sales person and do not meet the required amount, it is super frowned upon.
Productive and Fun
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
awesome place to work. People there are great to work with and the management staff is great. Kind of wished we didn't have such a strict uniform but other than that I really enjoyed working there
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes and Rewards for our busy days
Cons
Short Breaks
Gave me a chance, but not a paycheck.
Product Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJuly 17, 2017
RBFCU gave me a huge opportunity to develop new skills and pursue a passion I didn't know I had. The experience from previous jobs allowed me to advance quickly. However, the pay never caught up... My first promotion was label a "title change" and my pay never was adjusted. After that I worked on "special projects" for over two years and only received typical merit raises. RBFCU is a great company to use to transition to a better employer who will actually compensate you for the work you put in.
Pros
opportunity, advancement, risk
Cons
pay, expectation, technology
Consumer Lending
Consumer Lending Specialist I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Constant change, So no one is on the same page. Scheduling has improved but long hours on Saturdays and not having a set schedule is difficult to balance work/family life.
Was Great
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXMay 29, 2017
Phenomenal place to work when I started however, they began to aggressively expand and take on a corporate structure while I was employed and quickly ceased being what I loved about the company. Namely, RBFCU was a local CU that began the process of becoming a regional/statewide CU. The CEO and board conscientiously moved away from a personal and local financial institution to a mechanized, faceless company.
Pros
The best benefit package I have ever seen
Cons
service became sales
Terrible managers
Decision Center (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXMay 17, 2017
rbfcu is one of the worst. Senior management is a joke, there's no moving up based on abilities it's based on who sucks up the most and blindly follows.
Cons
Management, healthcare, pay, favoritism
Professional and stable
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TX 78148April 18, 2017
A typical day involved processing loan applications, talking to members in person and on the phone regarding loan processes and procedures. The environment was professional and neat and the job was enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Management, co-workers, members
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location