Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States178 reviews

branchmembercreditfinancialfavoritismunionbenefitadvancement

Ok place

Not a lot of upward growth in the branch after you get to an Assistant Branch Manager because the Managers never leave. They also raise the pay for everyone else but managers are left the same so it's not even worth getting the position when people under you are making more than you.

Great Work Environment

RBFCU is one of the best places I have worked at when it comes to company culture and it is actually relatively low pressure even when dealing with very important assets. The compensation is a little lower than what I initially expected and I think may be lower than average, but the 401K matching is very generous and the other benefits are quite good.

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Decent workplace

Any position is great, pay is decent but don’t expect to get promoted unless your friends with the supervisors. 401k matching % is GREAT. The souls do better about not letting friend groups dictate other employees success with the company.

Appreciative of employees

I really enjoy working here, they do show appreciation towards the employees and offer great benefits. It's not a 24/7 financial institution so you do get to enjoy life and have a good balance between work and life.

It's okayish

Good manager, too many meetings. Not to strict about the artifacts to submit. Chill place to work with work life balance. Did not see much opportunity to gain high level of advancement

Has the potential to be a good company

Thought it was a good company when I went to work there, however overtime I found that even though I completed my degree while there and got awards for a job well done, the company rarely promotes from within. It was very demoralizing. Company seems to hire mostly males from outside of company into leadership roles, but will occasionally hire females, if they have influential families. Seems to rarely promote older workers unless you are male.

Dont go to call center

The staff and values in the branches are great. Work/life balance in the Call Center is horrible. Management is horrible. Ive been in this business for 21 years and i have never felt so degrated, micromanaged, pressured in my career until i went to RBFCU call center. The employee turnover is very high. I should have ran when i was given a " coaching " because i was 1 min late. No joke..1 min.

Great workplace good benefits

A good company to work for only gripe is pay, I wish cost of living were included in pay increases. Other than that everyone is helpful when needed and interactions are great.

Great company but stressful work

The company itself has great values and really tries to take care of its employees. The pay is not necessarily equal to the amount of knowledge, stress and work involved. Very fast paced, little break time, every move is recorded almost like a modern day sweat shop. Time will tell how long I am able to stick with it.

Great management team and one of the best places I’ve worked at.

RBFCU is a great place to work because management does a great job taking care of their employees. When the employees are happy and appreciated, our members are also happy and taken care of.

Management was never clear about daily task goals.

I didn’t even know my managers until the 3rd, although they walked past me several times and knew who I was. I felt isolated, and had to wonder when assistance was needed.

Great company depends on your position.

It's definitely a tier based job. The higher the department the better respect you have. Branch positions are definitely like the movie mean girls. Lo

Pros

Great time off and benefits. The CEO CFO COO are great

Cons

Favoritism in the Dallas region as well as Austin. You don't get promoted unless you're in the click

Fun but stressful

I’ve been working here for a little while now, and the management is super nice and friendly. Though dealing with members can be stressful and they weren’t exactly specific on when you can start working from home until after you start training. It takes 3 months, minus the month of training, before you can start working from home. Overall though everyone is super nice, the pay is good, and it’s a good job for those who can work under a lot of stress.

Pros

Offer benefits & Good Pay

Cons

Commute

Pay well

Worked there for 5 years. Benefits were great. Requesting time off in different departments varies greatly. Open door policies. Hard work pays off and they do promote within.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Taking PTO

Hard to develop

Messy, forgetful, and unorganized management, tough environment to grow and develop. Lots of favoritism amongst staff, making it very hard to advance.

Benefits

Cons

The job isn’t horrible, but it’s too stressful for me.

The job is super stressful. I am on anxiety meds because of it. Some may say that is dramatic, but it’s real for me. It’s not a hard job, like the tasks aren’t hard, but the call volume is bananas and they are back to back almost everyday. Yea I know, what would I expect it’s a call center. But’s stressful for me. I’m literally working here because I have to. The pay is decent to me, but I have never had a job that paid over $12 an hour, and the insurance is one of the best. They have cool quiet rooms and features to the buildings, but that doesn’t make up for the stress of the job at all. Some folks may be able handle the back to back calls and having to know a whole of information sometimes on the spot. But it’s like sensory and information overload for me.

Pros

1 hr lunch/quiet rooms/gym/on site doctor/insurance

Cons

Short breaks/ back to back calls/ too much information to know in a small timeframe

Can be good depending on who your management is

RBFCU initially was a good company to work for until there were changes in my region's management. This caused tenured employees to leave due to ongoing favoritism. They do have amazing benefits. Pay is not great.

Pros

Benefits, PTO plan

Cons

Saturdays until 4, Working weekends, Poor management, Pay

Poor Management Spoils the Lot

RBFCU has amazing benefits but especially for those employees that have been here for decades. The problem is that some of the ones that have been here for decades are terrible managers. The employees who stick around tend to be similarly unprofessional and the ones who don’t are people who demand respect in the workplace. RVP’s bend over backwards to protect management but there’s no such person who does that for member-facing employees. HR is not your friend, in fact they are the number one reason management never sees consequences for their actions and the branch environment can be incredibly toxic. Personally experienced this and knew many tellers in other branches with similar management issues. Management is given too much leeway with policy and it makes us look inconsistent with members from branch to branch. Expectations of duties for tellers are high, but we do not have the manpower or time to achieve the ever growing list. COVID response was amazing initially, until they removed the mask policy and I was forced to work with unvaccinated maskless employees in close corners ( that didn’t believe in science regarding COVID). Management never enforced mask policy, nor the MANDATORY social distancing RBFCU expected of the branches. Did not think pay matched with level of health risk, nor made up for the negative impact on my mental health. This company is not friendly to people with developmental disabilities, it is a very conservative organization and unwelcoming to diverse people. No accountability at the top and it shows. Back end departments are better, but even then -

Pros

Marginally better pay than other financial institutions. Coworkers.

Cons

Management, Staffing, COVID response

Good place to start your career with opportunities for advancement

I worked for RBFCU for 2 years in consumer lending. This is a great company to work for to gain lending experience. The training program for lending was great. Working in lending is high volume and fast paced and it takes time before you feel really comfortable, but with the training program and on the job training, I think they prepare you well. If you put in the work, there are opportunities to grow in the dept as an on the job trainer and team lead, but it pretty much caps out there. Consumer lending is a good stepping stone to other opportunities in the company. Before I left RBFCU, they started converting consumer lending into a true call center environment so I can only imagine that continued with Covid-19 times. That became frustrating because some loan transactions were complex and team leads would constantly be messaging you regarding your after call wrap after just a few minutes. They started encouraging reps to keep members on the phone while you finished up the loan which in my opinion was poor member service. I mention this just so an applicant understands the consumer loan position is in a call center type of environment. I enjoyed my time at RBFCU and had some fantastic coworkers. The experience and opportunities I had at RBFCU was invaluable.

Pros

401k matching, Pto, Annual Bonus

Cons

Micromanaging, short breaks

Temporary position, find better.

The organization uses control tactics & managers love dangling carrots like you're a horse..RBFCU is still stuck in the 1990s. My suggestion is if you're a likeable person work for a company is who gives adequate raises & bonuses in a timely manner. Extremely weird & tense culture. Coworkers are extremely childish & don't mind the business that pays them. P.S. The hiring manager is a snake.

Pros

Some genuine people.

Cons

Jealous co-workers, micro management, non professional environment.

Love this company they treat employees and members with respect. There’s a lot of growth opportunity. Good management support. Benefits are great and the match for 401k is amazing.

Pros

Opportunity to growth

Cons

Short breaks

Common questions about Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Answered by current and former employees at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union with

• Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?