Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

The job isn’t horrible, but it’s too stressful for me.

The job is super stressful. I am on anxiety meds because of it. Some may say that is dramatic, but it’s real for me. It’s not a hard job, like the tasks aren’t hard, but the call volume is bananas and they are back to back almost everyday. Yea I know, what would I expect it’s a call center. But’s stressful for me. I’m literally working here because I have to. The pay is decent to me, but I have never had a job that paid over $12 an hour, and the insurance is one of the best. They have cool quiet rooms and features to the buildings, but that doesn’t make up for the stress of the job at all. Some folks may be able handle the back to back calls and having to know a whole of information sometimes on the spot. But it’s like sensory and information overload for me.

Pros

1 hr lunch/quiet rooms/gym/on site doctor/insurance

Cons

Short breaks/ back to back calls/ too much information to know in a small timeframe

Pay well

Worked there for 5 years. Benefits were great. Requesting time off in different departments varies greatly. Open door policies. Hard work pays off and they do promote within.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Taking PTO

Hard to develop

Messy, forgetful, and unorganized management, tough environment to grow and develop. Lots of favoritism amongst staff, making it very hard to advance.

Benefits

Cons

Can be good depending on who your management is

RBFCU initially was a good company to work for until there were changes in my region's management. This caused tenured employees to leave due to ongoing favoritism. They do have amazing benefits. Pay is not great.

Pros

Benefits, PTO plan

Cons

Saturdays until 4, Working weekends, Poor management, Pay

Poor Management Spoils the Lot

RBFCU has amazing benefits but especially for those employees that have been here for decades. The problem is that some of the ones that have been here for decades are terrible managers. The employees who stick around tend to be similarly unprofessional and the ones who don’t are people who demand respect in the workplace. RVP’s bend over backwards to protect management but there’s no such person who does that for member-facing employees. HR is not your friend, in fact they are the number one reason management never sees consequences for their actions and the branch environment can be incredibly toxic. Personally experienced this and knew many tellers in other branches with similar management issues. Management is given too much leeway with policy and it makes us look inconsistent with members from branch to branch. Expectations of duties for tellers are high, but we do not have the manpower or time to achieve the ever growing list. COVID response was amazing initially, until they removed the mask policy and I was forced to work with unvaccinated maskless employees in close corners ( that didn’t believe in science regarding COVID). Management never enforced mask policy, nor the MANDATORY social distancing RBFCU expected of the branches. Did not think pay matched with level of health risk, nor made up for the negative impact on my mental health. This company is not friendly to people with developmental disabilities, it is a very conservative organization and unwelcoming to diverse people. No accountability at the top and it shows. Back end departments are better, but even then -

Pros

Marginally better pay than other financial institutions. Coworkers.

Cons

Management, Staffing, COVID response

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Good place to start your career with opportunities for advancement

I worked for RBFCU for 2 years in consumer lending. This is a great company to work for to gain lending experience. The training program for lending was great. Working in lending is high volume and fast paced and it takes time before you feel really comfortable, but with the training program and on the job training, I think they prepare you well. If you put in the work, there are opportunities to grow in the dept as an on the job trainer and team lead, but it pretty much caps out there. Consumer lending is a good stepping stone to other opportunities in the company. Before I left RBFCU, they started converting consumer lending into a true call center environment so I can only imagine that continued with Covid-19 times. That became frustrating because some loan transactions were complex and team leads would constantly be messaging you regarding your after call wrap after just a few minutes. They started encouraging reps to keep members on the phone while you finished up the loan which in my opinion was poor member service. I mention this just so an applicant understands the consumer loan position is in a call center type of environment. I enjoyed my time at RBFCU and had some fantastic coworkers. The experience and opportunities I had at RBFCU was invaluable.

Pros

401k matching, Pto, Annual Bonus

Cons

Micromanaging, short breaks

Temporary position, find better.

The organization uses control tactics & managers love dangling carrots like you're a horse..RBFCU is still stuck in the 1990s. My suggestion is if you're a likeable person work for a company is who gives adequate raises & bonuses in a timely manner. Extremely weird & tense culture. Coworkers are extremely childish & don't mind the business that pays them. P.S. The hiring manager is a snake.

Pros

Some genuine people.

Cons

Jealous co-workers, micro management, non professional environment.

Love this company they treat employees and members with respect. There’s a lot of growth opportunity. Good management support. Benefits are great and the match for 401k is amazing.

Pros

Opportunity to growth

Cons

Short breaks

Don't waste your time

People are leaving in droves. MSC has been destroyed by the new AVP, Manager and Assistant Manager. Back to back calls with no break, it is frowned upon to use more than 25 minutes of break, which is insane. No advancement opportunity. Morale is non-existent. No coaching unless it is for an error. The only way to fix the problem is for senior management to admit they are the problem but that will never happen. Management targeted individuals who had significant HR issues.

Pros

Benefits are average

Cons

They are just trying to put bodies in there at this point

Great Place To Work

Good place to start, lower pay than most mortgage companies. Lots of work. Good culture overall. Would really help to get better pay for the coming of work.

Pros

Lots of support from management

Cons

Low Salaries, no career advancement

Jobs at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union

See more jobs

Great employer

Great place with great benefit packages. Just so hard to move up or around anywhere within the company as you can go months without hearing anything on any application you may of placed.

Pros

Benefits, decent work/life balance

Cons

Little advancement

Nice culture and welcoming people

Everyone at the Credit Union is supportive and wants to see you succeed. The CEO is nice and seems to care for the staff. Management is open and willing to help where they can.

Pros

Nice culture and nice people

Ok but you can find better

It was an ok experience but moving up or to different departments was difficult. Mangers were ok but some better than others. Was fun before the pandemic

Great place

Overall a very good place to work, lots of new technology and great person to work with. I worked in the branch and the consumer lending deposit ....kinda hard to move up.

Fun workplace

OverallMy experience working at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union was the best I ever had in the USA. People and Culture was superb. This company looked after its people.

Member Service Supervisor

● Work-life balanceI’ve been in customer service for 8 years. I am advanced in computer skills and I have received multiple rewards with my current job for cross selling products and services. I am exposed to high volume calls and challenging work environment.● OverallAttending members with escalated concerns, organizing branch while also helping members with their transactions. Offering products and services to members to improve economic growth.

Micromanagement and strict environment

Didnt enjoy working there.Things are always changing and never for the better.They pass out toys and fruit cups and then say "we appreciate everything you do"The only thing that makes it worth staying are the people you work with. They make all the difference.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Micromanagement. Favoritism.

Its not the WORST but its not the BEST

The part I dislike about this company is not the work itself. The members are mostly nice (except the occasional member that thinks its okay to curse or threaten you) and the work is easy. The hardest part of the job is management. You can be told you will be promoted and never get it. I've seen people that truly deserve promotions and have been here 5+ years never get promoted. Favoritism is a big issue here. I've been to several branches and had several managers and it is blatant that there is favoritism all over. I would NOT recommend working at a branch. The most enjoyable part is training and getting to go back to headquarters for additional training. They take care of you there. They take care of the call center people way more and there seems to be way more opportunities for advancement and professional development there.

Pros

Pay, benefits, incentives, job stability

Cons

Management, advancement opportunities, workplace culture

Its not too bad.

Pretty good place to work. It's a bit or miss if you get a great manager who's engaged, knowledgeable and able to motivate the team but thats pretty much any bank. Good luck.

Benefits

Cons

Good company, terrible Department (Lending)

This is a good company to work for if - and only if - You live in San Antonio. You can work with micromanaging upper management. You like constant (and completely needless) change in procedures. Enjoy arbitrary enforcement of rules/policy. RBFCU itself is a great company but the Lending side of things is a headache. Lower level management is usually a yes-man type role, and upper management will make sweeping changes that are needless, a headache for the staff, and make no sense. The main area of focus for this company is customer/member satisfaction, and not the well being of it's employees. When hired you are told that there is massive room for advancement. But that's only if you live in the San Antonio area or are willing to move there. Otherwise, you're basically stuck in the same dead end job. Find a different department to work for, don't let it be Lending/Mortgage.

Pros

Decent pay, job stability

Cons

Random change in management/policy, lack of transparency, dead end job.

Pros and cons working for this company

Cons wages are low, there are not any growth development opportunities in the DFW area. Management favors certain staff. We are required to work three Saturdays a month. Saturday hours are from 8:30 until 4:00. We are required to wear many hats for the company and not get compensated. Example branch staff are required to be a teller, personal bankers, and call center staff. Pros medical insurance is paid by the company for employees. A Holiday bonus is given yearly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight