Randstad

Found 2,234 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,561 reviews

Randstad insights

Based on 2,173 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

entry level

Its a good place to get into, just for experience. there is no advancement. A raise a very difficult to get in this company.

Great if you need a job NOW.

After being told I was hired for a position, I barely heard from the recuiter again, even after I raised issues with the placement. There's no paid leave, so if you need a day your paycheck suffers. ZERO direction after position began.

Pros

Paid weekly.

Cons

No leave, no support once placed on position, no guarantee of getting hired fulltime at your placement.

They dispose of employees easily

They don’t care about you and you are easily disposed of. I mean it’s a temp agency right? I got removed from my assignment the week before Christmas without notice. Then they don’t tell you that you have to log in everyday to put yourself available, in order to get unemployment benefits. (So there’s a tip for those applying here and get removed from the assignment) And they are so difficult to get a hold of as they are not locally based. After that they didn’t reach out to place me in a new assignment.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

They don’t care for employees like any other company

Great Company with Great Benefits

I've worked with Randstad over 5 years and it's been a great company to work for. I have a good work-life balance which is super important to me. If you are an internal employee, they support your career growth and development and encourage your movement to other teams or to learn new skills.

Pros

Great benefits and Compensation

Easy work environment lots of days off no pay

Be prepared to be a temp for about 2 years. You don’t get paid for any days you take off. Hardly any chance of promotion once you are hired on. Easy job though

Pros

No pto. Long wait for temp to perm

Cons

Hour paid breaks

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Ok place to work

Randstad is an ok place to work depending on the position. It’s a lot of work and you don’t always get the help that you need to succeed. The company pay weekly which is a bonus

Pros

Weekly pay

Randstad dont communicate

I haven't heard from my boss at randstad in months..I am not even sure if he is my manager. I love the company I am contacted thru. I asked for a bit of a pay raise and never heard back from anyone.

Pros

Work for great contracted company. Love NYL!

Cons

No holidays or pto...money not good. Wont give you more when you deserve ii.

You have better options. Trust me.

They pay very little. Look elsewhere first, unless you're bored and just need a way to pass time, another option would probably be better. If you've ever watched an episode of The Office, it's more boring than that.

Pros

Free drinks from the break room, no stress from work outside of work

Cons

Pay is awful, look elsewhere

Super easy jobs for good pay, great people also

They hooked me up with a very good job and we're very flexible if I needed some time off. I would definitely go back and work for them in the future/ recommend a friend.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

N/a

Ok place to work

Most people you work with are nice. Its like your typical warehouse. Management wasn't the best but on most days things ran smoothly. I wish they had reliable hours but they had started shortening hours due to not enough work and overstaffing.

Pros

Snacks on break, get the schedule you want

Cons

Management needs work, hours were getting shortened

The pay shows some sincerity of care as far as an employees stability

Working as a temp to hire your treated just as your hired for to temporarily help out . Unless you know someone or are related to someone in the company you come and you go

Cons

No breaks only lunch because they pay you for a 1/2 hour lunch.

Terrible

Never stayed in one department , they always just threw you around , I did not like it at all.. the pay was terrible and not reasonable at all for the amount of work that needed to be done.

Team work is good

The good thing at Randstad they are take about the person by the bad thing is cut the hours the person when isn’t the work for everyone is provide the good service for us

Pros

Free lunch every good job

Cons

Short breakfast

Good filler work

Filler work. Good company kept me working. No guarantees of hiring on. Management was understanding and reasonable. Money could have been a little better, but filler work.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not permanent

Treated as a valuable team member

Randstad treats employees as valuable members of the team. Great benefits and ways to feel like you're contributing to society. Management seeks input from employees and takes it seriously.

Contract with Capital Group

I was hired with Randstad for a Back Office Position. I was told by my staffer during the interview that the schedule was NYSE hours of operation. But, and correct me if I’m wrong as I’ve only dabbled in stocks for 3 years personally myself, but that would mean mon-fri with weekends being when stocks aren’t active. We work saturdays. 6 am. And off Wednesday and Sunday. And you can hardly request time off. I tried to do so for more than a month from when i made the request. Maybe it’s different when it comes to mutual funds. But besides that there’s also the lack of work life balance. And it’s not even the peak season for our workload. I mean they explained this time wouldn’t be brutal and peak season would. But sheesh. If that’s the case then I’m afraid this may not be the move for me. And last but not least of inconvenient grievances. The link we received to sign on for benefits specifically listed legit insurance with your standard list of coverage prices. From doctors visit to prescriptions to ER. I signed up asap, received my card 3 weeks later. And come to find out, it’s only a discount card affiliated with other Aetna. Not actual insurance. Costing me a lower deduction from my check but far more at the doctor than what I’d need.

Pros

Nice professional trainers and higher ups.

Cons

Short breaks, terrible benefits, no work life balance

Fun, Opportunity is There, Disorganized

Randstad is a great place to start your career and learn from strong leadership. The culture in my office was second to none. The only complaint I have was the disorganization of leadership.

Pros

Culture, Compensation

Cons

Lack of Organization

Good job

It was a good job while i worked there. The location i was contracted at would hire you on full time after about a year of service. Work was easy and you always knew your schedule.

No room for advancemen

I was lied to about the times it takes for advancement even though I am expected fo perform extra tasks without extra compensation. They have focused on metrics too greatly for a department that doesn’t receive any recompense for improving your numbers. While the sales team is treated with respect, immunity and extra compensation for increased work. We are there to take the brunt of blame even if it has nothing to do with our team. We are not allowed to tell the sales team we are being over leveraged, especially since the company expanded without expanding the work force. Forcing many to work harder for less, without any plan on how to manage the work load. Leading to unrealistic expectations from the sales team and of course brunt of the blame on our department. Regardless that it is out of our control. Management is ineffective, constantly changing message and processes that the whole team isn’t aware of. Constantly made to look like a fool because something changes, not everyone knows and then it’s somehow your fault. They ask how we can help but then offer no actual help. Empty platitudes, false promises and absolutely zero job growth.

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

No option for complete remote work, lack of job growth

Good clients and opportunities

Randstad sent me to several interesting contracts, and the contracts were often extended. They pay pretty well but not the best. However, they are well organized and also offer a 401k. Unfortunately they are not as always as proactive as I would like about finding me work but they do make some effort.

Pros

They pay on time, most people I interacted with were intelligent and friendly, a free group lunch once in a while with reps from the company and other contractors

Cons

Not great health insurance offerings.

Very little training

Pay was fair but there was very little training. They were pretty good about trying to give people the shifts they wanted. Overall not a terrible job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

88%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss