Range Resources Employee Reviews

great place to work
Senior Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Range is a great place to work. Very family oriented. Unfortunately, the pay is so-so. Great benefits though. I enjoy my co-workers and my boss. Flex schedule is awesome
Great Place to Work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
Great Place to work. Satisfying work environment. Good people, good benefits, flexible work schedule.

Think the CEO does a great job as well as Sr Management.
Excellent company
Field HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Range resources the company had a very family like culture . Management was very engaging and seemed to really care about the field employees
Pros
Excellent management
range resources
Leasing Analyst & Land Technician I (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 11, 2018
one of many many oil and gas companies in the area right down the street is consol, eqt and williams also is mylan labs headquarters that moved from morgantown wv
Good work place
Corporate Supply Chain Mananger (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PANovember 3, 2017
Range was a good place to work. Compensation was decent, and company culture has changed over the years, but that happens when a company grows in size. Range employees are great people to work with.
A great place to work
Senior Staff Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2017
This company was one of the best I have worked for. The job was challenging, the people great to work for and the benefits were outstanding.

I enjoyed the summer flex schedule. I was off every other Friday.
Pros
Summer flex schedule
Cons
I can't think of any
Great place in the upturn in the E&P growth of Oil & Gas play
SR. LANDMAN (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJuly 10, 2018
very fast paced environment which made time go by quickly. Overall great place to get in on the Oil and Gas boom of 2007 and beyond. Got a chance to be involved in many departments which provided a strong learning experience.
Review
Sr INVENTORY MATERIALS REP & SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2018
It started as a great place to work. With the crunch in oil and gas many things changed and with it so did the culture of Range. I hope they can find the footing they need to make it work.
Excellent employer to work for that do in deed care about their employees.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 22, 2015
Range Resources is a top notch company to work for which offered their employees a lot of incentives, benefits and advancement opportunities within the company. Due to budget cutting many positions were severed - which was mine.
Pros
Health insurance benefits, flex schedule and free beverages.
Good company with good benefits
Supervisor over East Texas and Gulf Coast Regions (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Had the pleasure of doing different jobs within the company that was productive under lacked supervision. Had the respect of upper management.
Pros
good benefits, did not micro manage
Cons
company sold to many assets
Most people good to work with
Wellsite consultant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 18, 2016
Some management needs to be replaced, most people were good to work for, salary was good, overall good company to work for.
Range is a Wonderful Company
Senior Land Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityApril 22, 2015
Range was a wonderful place to work. The company is excellent, with great leadership at the helm. The people were exceptional, and we were well supported by our management.
Pros
Management, People, Compensation
Cons
Shut down the OKC office
Great office space in fun location with excellent compensation and benefits
APPLICATION DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2015
A typical workday for me at Range Resources involved creating and updating reporting programs for the accounting and operations departments. In addition to this I updated technical documentation for any reports that were worked on. I learned how to prioritize tasks and that productivity and output are far more important than perfection. My coworkers were hard workers who collaborated well on various projects. Each of my coworkers had a wealth of knowledge in their respective expertises and I enjoyed picking their brains. I was in charge of reporting, one coworker was in charge of developing the database for our BI system, another coworker was the on-site AS/400 developer, and there were three analysts who served as the go-between for the developers and the end-users. Management had a tremendous amount of experience in the oil and gas industry and were a valuable resource for various assignments I worked on. I reported to one manager who oversaw the three developers and he reported to the manager who was in charge of IT-support (which had 8 employees). The hardest part of my job was managing end-user expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job was struggling to keep up with end-user requests when I was the only report developer.
Pros
Great compensation, benefits, and perks. Nice offices. It was fun working downtown.
Cons
Small staff, little social interaction between developers and the rest of the company.
Company with a future when the market is ready
Lead Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Clintwood, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Range Resources is a promising company in a country that does not yet have the necessary infrastructure for it to thrive. Overall, Range Resources provides its employees with good wages and rewarding work. Unfortunately, the supply of natural gas currently exceeds the demand for it, and the company's profits have plummeted, causing excessive downsizing.
Pros
Competitive wages, vacation time, decent benefits
Cons
Vested stock bonus, which takes 3 years to achieve 100% (30% the 1st and 2nd years and 40% the 3rd)
Leader in Gas and Oil industry
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMarch 17, 2018
Fast paced work environment with an industry leading culture of safety. I learned the basics of G&O and was given the opportunity to learn advanced aspects of the in the field
Pros
Open schedule
Over all a great place to work
A/P Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJune 15, 2016
Loved the job and the people. Laid off due to the gas market downturn. Flexible hours and some times work from home. Paid dues for associations. Lunches provided during bad weather. Security provided .
Pros
Great benefits-401k and stock
Cons
Downtown-traffic
Lease operator at Range Resources
Lease operator II (Former Employee) –  Carlton, PAJune 29, 2015
maintained 93 natural gas producing wells. although this was difficult to achieve during the winter months company was more than reasonable with expectations. Great group of people in the field operations department. Working outside everyday was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
company implements work force reduction as a cost saving strategy
Productive and results oriented
Sr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Management is very results oriented, but open to new analysis techniques and ideas.

Office culture is productive but cognizant of work/life balance. Management expects hard work but rewards hard work with relaxed hours.
Wish it was different
PC Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2017
It started off as a match made in heaven but ended up like Godzilla vs Tokyo. Processes were slow to non-existent. The only thing I liked was that I could do alot of what I wanted. Management turned out to be a joke between one guy mailing it in every day to another guy that wanted his job and was only there to massage his career path. I really liked the people there.
Pros
People and comp$
Cons
management
No Comment
Contract Division Order Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
The company is presently transitioning into new innovative daily operations and workflow processes. Learning is always a factor in any position to accomplish the required goals. However, a point-of-view from a contract employee would not be accurate as far as the workplace atmosphere.