Ranker

Working at Ranker: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Good Engineering Setup - Need Better Leadership

I worked at Ranker as a Junior software engineer in 2019. The team would have a standup at 10am. I wasn't given a ton of work in the first 2 months; it was very slow to ramp up. My colleagues were friendly, and we went out to lunch as a team every day. The engineering management has completely changed so I don't know what it's like now.

Pros

Cool vibe, office, and people

Cons

Very compartmentalized business

ignore the reviews from freelancers

All of these reviews that give the company bad ratings appear to be from freelance content writers. I don't work on that side of the business but would imagine that is not uncommon. My experience has been that this is a great company that took care of its employees during the pandemic, and is generally a fun place to work. We also have the coolest office space I have ever worked in, though nobody has been in it for months due to the pandemic.

Pros

it's not very buttoned up and seems to run like a startup; your ideas get heard.

Cons

a few members of the senior management team seem pretty unorganized

Ranker insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Absolute worst pay and no advancement

If you’re absolutely desperate for work you can write for Ranker but be prepared to dull down your work and get paid POORLY. Editors are rude and and unorganized, topics tend to be boring, although you can turn in your own ideas.

The Ranaker is good company. You can develop yourself. I dont have any more tips.

The Ranaker is good company. You can develop yourself. We are working 9 houours a day and five days pere week. The saids are saf. I dont have any more tips.

Click Bait 'R Us

The business model is high turnover and high volume of content output that conforms to a rigid style guide. The only good part about the job was the people, editors were genuinely interested in improving a writer's work.

Good place to gain writing experience and publish pieces

The wages were somewhat low given the type of work. However, there was a lot of creative freedom. Contract writers were able to pitch, research and write their own pieces without the editors nitpicking or over editing.

Essentially a scam for freelancers.

Not very receptive to ideas outside of banal, shareable content. Extremely poor communication from editorial staff (if they bother communicating at all). Expect market floor compensation, regardless of word count. Basically a content mine masquerading as a start-up, and like the majority of failing start-ups , they lack any kind of cohesive vision.

Pros

You can write anything (in listicle format, of course) as long as it gets clicks

Cons

Low compensation -- even by freelancing standards, Don't expect any editorial notes unless they're asking for longer lists.

Star-up, full of potential

Ranker is a young and energetic company. It produce best online content. It has a very attractive business model. very promising.

Glazier

great job, great people, great pay, great benefits, work day flew by, had plenty to do. i do suggest working there.

Pros

have a job

Cons

not consistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ranker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Ranker in popular locations

• Ranker