Ransburg Scout Reservation Employee Reviews

4.7Job Security & Advancement
Great summer camp to work at!
Ranch Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 3, 2018
Great environment, great people, and so many opportunities!! I worked as the Ranch Director for the 2017 summer and I loved it. The hardest part about the job is not getting much time off.
Pros
Free lunch, free room and board, I got to keep my horse on the property, and many fun activities to partake in!
Cons
The wifi doesn't always work the fastest and not much time off.
Summer camp job with weak compensation and long hours
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 28, 2013
I worked for Ransburg Scout Reservation as a water ski instructor and general camp counselor. My job tasked me with managing multiple classes of students on a daily basis over the course of a week until I got a new set of students. I taught a number of subjects including water skiing, canoeing, row boats, small motorboat management, and wind surfing. I also served as a general camp counselor, providing assistance to campers when needed, helping to set up and tear down camp sites, and run various other activities.

This was a full time job to the nth degree. I started work at 6am and stopped working at 9pm seven days a week for fourth months straight. The job was often stressful, taxing, but rarely boring.

Management was hit or miss due to some elitism due to the ranking structure within the scouting organization.
Pros
always interesting work, fantastic team work opportunties, teaching
Cons
boy scout culture, extreme hours, low pay