Rantec Power Systems Employee Reviews

High Columns between department limiting communications amoung engineering and production teams
Business Development Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Osos, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Job roll changed multiple times in a year. Definition of the job role was learned by osmosis. No existing customer contacts were ever provided. BD Director would not provide technical responses, and would not allow communication to engineering to understand issues before making customer calls with customers that had delivery, RMA, and production schedule issues.
Pros
Very Strong Technical and Engineering oritented Company
Cons
75 to 100% travel some months, not allowed to work with engineering to respond to customer in timely fashion, Very selective on responding to opportunities
At the time, it was the only job open. I never had any knowledge of their benefits.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 5, 2017
I was not there very long. I had car problems. I don't remember my supervisor's name. It was a very time ago, so I don't remember any of the guys I worked with.
Pros
Fair wages.
Cons
I had traffic problems must every day gettin to work.
Hectic environment with plenty of challenges
Pick and Place machine operator (Current Employee) –  Los Osos, CANovember 10, 2014
In the last 3 years I have learned how to program, operate, and maintain 5 different pieces of production equipment. I have helped streamline processes to achieve a higher degree of quality.
No one there really seems to understand the equipment they use or how it works which I feel is essential for day to day operation.
Management doesn't communicate effectively with employees.
Pros
Every other Friday off.
Cons
No growth potential.
Productive Small Company
Production Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Osos, CAMarch 21, 2014
Underfunded and understaffed. This is a small company which is competing in a competitive industry. They are able to be mobile and adapt quickly to the market although. The workplace has a good community and all employees are professional and dedicated.
Pros
Community
Cons
Funding
Production oriented.
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Los Osos, CAApril 25, 2013
Rantec prides itself on manufacturing high quality products for the Aeronautic Industry.
They have an old-school style of management.