Rapid Mold Removal

Rapid Mold Removal Employee Reviews

United States12 reviews
They weren't clear on how commission would be shaved off or no commission what so ever for specific jobs. Traveled to 3 different states on a regular basis although It wasn't in my agreement but somehow it was expected without me being notified. Drove 6+ hours a day regularly plus worked an average of 9hrs a day
I have been working here for about 3yrs. Environment is very competitive, but well worth the while. The sales department actually just got a raise, so the moral is very high. Customers are difficult at times, but that is expected with the high volume of calls Rapid Mold Removal receives. Overall, the job is good. Owners know employees by first name, so that is a plus.
I worked in dispatching and over flow sales, before receiving a management position elsewhere. The ability to get over flow sales and occasional overtime made the wages very competitive. High volume call center, expect 20+ calls per day. Very fast paced but a simple system keeps most calls low stress.
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your dedication to the company.
Rapid mold removal was gd except for not having enough people CSR departments. Rules only applied for certain people. The owners are nice but staff gossip like children
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We will use the information to better our practices.
Very little work and when it is they want you to cramp it in to a shortest time as possible most of week days are slow and you end up having to do most of your work on the weekends including Sunday just to finish. Pay very bad and low compared to the work you do! There is no base pay so if there’s no work you do not get paid. It’s a contract job but you paid like a low paying employees.
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Although we try to schedule our technicians as many jobs as possible, some regions are a little slower than others. Our scheduling is based off of our customers needs and sometimes make the schedule seem cramped. Our pay is somewhat high in comparison to similar positions around the country. Our employees are actual employees of the company and not contract employees which allows us the ability to offer benefits.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I've worked in a management position for nearly 2 years at Rapid Mold Removal. The atmosphere is very competitive and very much results driven. A call center environment with very hardworking staff. If you aren't putting in the effort, it's quickly noticed, generally a relaxed atmosphere but when the phones are ringing contstantly the work can pile up. Long hours but they compensate well for them assuming you are efficient.
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and continuing dedication to our company!
They have a lot of empty promises that they can't keep. They will have you doing dangerous work by yourself in crawl spaces and attics ect.. You are a contract employee with no regular pay only what you make off of jobs you have completed. If there's no jobs there's no base pay. You do a lot driving for a little money. You have sales people at the desk who try to there best to evaluate a job but, you don't know what you are getting in to until you arrive at the job site. If you turn down a job for whatever reason they won't send anymore it's about their bottom line. I would recommend you go to a licensed company with insurance and health benefits because at Rapid Mold Removal you are a CONTRACT employee so, they are not liable if accident happens to you no worker's comp, no health insurance or life insurance some these jobs are very dangerous to your physical health and the hazardous conditions about 20%. I would advise anyone with any good since to work for this company.
Pros
Gas card and van
Cons
Low pay, Work hazards, No base salary, Commission
July 30, 2019
We are a licensed, bonded and insured company. Rapid Mold Removal prides itself in not using contractors for our work. Our employees our regular employees of our company. This particular employee had not been with the company long enough to see what wonderful benefits are available to employees such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Although mold removal can be a dangerous job, our employees are trained on government standards for mold removal. Only so much can be done before the employees take responsibility for their own safety as well. Unfortunately this review is less than factual.
you're paid by the job not on a salary or hourly wage so you get a percentage of every job you do. I worked there for about 12 months and I made about 75 percent of my yearly income in the span of 4 months during the summer. sometimes id have 3 jobs in one day, others did have 3 jobs all week. they are always trying to send you to different areas more than 4 hours from your home to do jobs. I oftentimes had to stay in hotels to complete jobs. you basically work independently because the office is in Michigan, I lived and worked by myself in PA.
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your input. That is correct, our technicians work on commission. Luckily, this is something that you are well versed on even in the interview process. Due to the type of work we do its not always possible to book jobs more evenly but we have a great dispatch department that is able to assist with that. It is worth noting that although you work independently, PA has quite a few other technicians who are able to help when it is necessary.
Rapid Mold Removal is a new and growing company learning and creating policies as they learn and grow. The hardest part of this job was dealing with customer complaints.
Pros
potential to make great money
Cons
healthcare
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, not every aspect of the job will be fun but we have a great staff that are well trained on handling those positions.
Company is constantly growing and expanding leaving plenty of opportunity for advancement. Work hours are flexible and great for spending time with family. Owners are generous and caring.
Pros
Work home balance
Cons
Small building
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Rapid is a great company to work for if you enjoy a larger company with the small family-like atmosphere.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rapid Mold Removal?
A few company that has a great idea but no training practices or management to push it to the next level of success. Most positions are underpaid and they do not offer any benefits.
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your comment. It seems you started when the company was growing and we are proud to say that the growth has allowed for the addition of wonderful staff and the ability to offer benefits.
Supervise & manage 30 employees including technicians, sales & administrative staff, interview & on board new employees, accounts receivable & payable, payroll, order supplies, dispatch, sales, manage air test results including treatment recommendations, manage insurance policies, manage service & warranty work, send follow-up paperwork (warranties, paid receipts & scope of work letters), reconcile bank statements, problem solving & various other tasks.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no benefits
September 12, 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are proud to say we do offer benefits now.