Rapid Response Monitoring

Rapid Response Monitoring Employee Reviews

Growing company with nice benefits
I have worked here for almost 3 years. The company has changed a lot in that short time. We are in a new state of the art building and growing like crazy. I am excited for the future here.
Awful pay and terrible Management
The pay is terrible and you work in a call center environment where you need to request breaks and cannot go to lunch or anything without a pass. The managers micromanage everything and tell you that even with a valid work note it’s an unexcused absence. HR is not any better and they speak to you like you are a moron and ignore your calls. Don’t waste your time.
Robotic corporate culture
If you're a robot who has no soul and could care less about micro management, a healthy sleep schedule, a social life, or even a decent lunch/bathroom/smoke break... this place is perfect for you!!!!!
Best job in syracuse
Since graduating college I seemed to have found one dead end job after another. I started at Rapid about a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier. This company is doing really well and treats us with respect. The benefits are great and the atmosphere is really high tech and employee centric.
High turnover rate
This company looks great on the outside - beautiful building, opportunities for advancement, etc. Their training program is nice but rigorous especially for $14/hr. You’re expected to be 15 minutes early and need to have your programs up before clocking on. Operators are given emails you can only check at home, unlike every other employee, which feels like you’re unimportant. Taking calls all day every day with in no down time is ridiculously boring and repetitive. You take anywhere from 15-30 calls an hour. The managers are nice but I cannot stand being told I cannot go to the bathroom when needed. How anyone lasts longer than a few months is beyond me, you don’t even get to know anyone or make meaningful work friendships because you’re all constantly taking calls. Would not recommend to anyone
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Career to be proud of
My typical day consists of helping dealers to achieve their goals with regards to growth and customer retention. Management is extremely supportive and is always available to give direction. My co workers are just amazing!
Pros
free gym memberships, paid leave, 401k match ...
Its a great company to grow with. It is a rewarding career.
Personally i enjoyed working there. I felt a sense of accomplishment. I helped people in need in a timely fashion. The company offered regular yearly pay increases as well as great benefits for full time employees.
Hard work, no reward
This place sucked my soul, management became catty and when brought to supervisors attention I often got told it was just "office politics" and I was forced to accept that as an excuse for poor behavior by my superiors. I worked hard and the harder I worked the more was expected of me but I received no incentive for doing so. I was here a year and I was the youngest person in the company at the time, people older than me started rumors I was hooking up with someone ten years my senior which I never had an interest in anyone there I had a boyfriend my own age. The President of the company even made comments to me about this rumor that was based off me being ten minutes late to a company get-together after work....As a young person in my first professional role I was absolutely baffled at how management operated.
Life to work ratio
If you love to work; this is the place to be. Long shifts and sometimes over time. Depending on the shift you meet some really great people but other shifts people are just nasty and drama filled. Make sure you can handle being yelled at and keep up with constant QA and Productivity expectations. I enjoyed my first year there until the schedules became out of hand and even if you never miss a day the one time you request to use your earned vacation time they throw a fit. If you make it to tier 2 be sure to be ready to be stuck in that pod for months; there's not much of a rotation on the night shift. I grew from experience there however I would probably never return.They can have some ridiculous expectations. I left on my own terms with advanced notice and do sometimes miss it.
Important job with a great facility
Hard to describe how nice the office is but I can assure you it is most likely the nicest you have ever been in. That said, the company is great to work for. Lots of advancement opportunity and meaningful work. In my position, I respond to emergency calls from homeowners and businesses and send help when needed. The 1 draw back for me is the fact that I have to work on weekends but i suppose there is no way around that..
Only if you really need this job.
I have only been here three months and already am leaving. Understand if you take this job your number but a number they hire 10-15 a month. Just tells you how many people come and go. They make you feel so lucky to have this job. The work takes a toll on you especially for the pay you get. They train you more and more with no raises. The supervisors are rude but will be nice at first. I got pulled for accounts I made "mistakes" on then where my mistake was they ended up saying i was correct and let me advise this was on 4 accounts in one day. This place is ridiculous.
I work here!
I just recently joined the team at Rapid. All good things so far. the training was tough but very thorough. I just started in the ops center and so far I really like it. helping customers is heart warming especially the medical side.
Highly recommended
I would recommend Rapid to anyone looking for a solid career. I wasnt too sure about working in a customer service job after 4 years of college. Rapid is definitely different. Upward mobility is important to me and nearly all senior leaders worked their way up through the ranks. Very impressive.
Good job for a 1-2 years
It’s a good starter job but that’s it. Not much of an opportunity of moving up. They offer a lot of overtime but they’re are too strict about everything.
Okay job, with good benefits but not worth it.
The job was okay at the beginning but this is definitely not a job you want to stay at long-term. It's marketed as a rewarding job where you'll protect life and property, but 98% of the time is spent dealing with false alarms or entitled customers. The only time I actually felt like I was helping customers was when I was trained in medical alarms because you'll experience people who have fallen or feel ill and actually need assistance.

After a couple months if they feel you're ready, you'll get trained for Answering Service. This is everyone's least favorite, and for good reason. You'll just be handling inbound calls from people all day. Get ready to be berated by customers, technicians, and emergency contacts calling in for things completely out of your control. Besides that, it just becomes your average call center job. Doing repetitive tasks, transferring customers to customer support, or leaving service messages.

Due to the turnover rate, there's not enough employee's trained in Answering Service, so expect to be scheduled in that 4 out of the 5 days of the week.

Overall I'd say it's an okay job. It gets very repetitive and mentally exhausting though, so I would not recommend staying long-term.
Excellent Amenities
While this is a fast-paced and somewhat stressful work environment due to the nature of the job (protecting life and property), there is a pretty great break room, employee lounge with a fireplace, iPad lounge and outdoor patio with fireplace. They offered free pizza Friday once a month for all shifts.
great people at Rapid Response
I was referred by a friend of mine who interned here and Im glad I was. I initially was impressed with the building but wondered if a call center type position was right for me. Well its not your typical call center. We are calling those that has contracted with us to contact them if there is an emergency/potential emergency at their home or business. Not selling anything, just helping people. The pay is fair and the upward mobility potential is exciting.
Ops department
I work on the Ops team responding to emergency signals. It is pretty busy most days. Calls can be stressful but overall are pretty rewarding. The health benefits are fantastic and a great work environment.
Great Company
Rapid Response Monitoring is a forward thinking company that is full of opportunity for growth and knowledge. They care about their staff and their clients.
Nice place and an important job
I think the best part of working for rapid is the people. I have made friends and everyone is so friendly. I truly feel at home here. =The building is nothing short of amazing as are the benefits!
Pros
Benefits, facility, free gym membership, advancement opportunity
An overall negative 2 years of my life
The call center specialist is the most demanding yet most underpaid position with the company. You have zero respect from any other department, and the executives on the “first floor” treat you like absolute garbage. Even the data entry dept speaks down to you when you transfer calls to them. The amount I was reprimanded by management was unbelievable: from taking too long to use the restroom (when I was pregnant, no less), to being 1 minute late returning from lunch. You are expected to take abuse from dealers and customers alike, and management rarely sticks up for you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rapid Response Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
InHerSight Score
4.6Personal Development
4.6Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Rapid Response Monitoring Reviews by Location